Author Topic: Terry Bogard Wiki Submission Thread: Submit your ideas here!  (Read 19726 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Terry Bogard Wiki Submission Thread: Submit your ideas here!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »
Yo Reiki, K's Heat Drive is still in Terry's frame data in the wiki, and his EX Rising Tackle is missing the start up (which is 4 frames).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 06:23:14 AM »
Fixed it on both areas.

senen974

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:08 PM »
Hi!
I desagree a part of the Terry's DCwiki, when it said that terry couldn't make good damage in corner, beginning on  ;dn ;b you can make a 842 damage HD combo for 3 meters.. you do not have to be really in corner but the more you're near better it is.
The combo :  ;dn ;b  ;dn ;a  ;dn ;c -HD-  ;st ;d delaying*  ;df ;c -  Power wave  ;a Power geyser - Neomax cancel - qcb ;a _ qcb  ;b;dn;up  ;c

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »
I feel as though the most damaging combos that do not need specific combos (Like the one you mentioned) are the big problem here. You have to do a combo specifically based on the spacing in the corner. If you don't do it just right, the combo is screwed up. It's sometimes safer and more consistent to go for other corner combos because they're guaranteed.

I don't mind changing that piece in Terry's Wiki page, but I would likely still make it something like "Only properly spaced/specific combo situations yield decent damage in the corner." It's better! However, that's still a fundamental flaw with Terry. He can't just do any combo leading into the corner from anywhere on the screen.

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
Terry still pops over 800 with an HD in the corner for 3 bars which isn't too bad at all. that's still 80% of your life and after that a few footsies or a combo and they are dead.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
I'm going through Terry's wiki and I have some questions regarding his pros, cons and other things, as well as suggestions for changing certain entries.

Pros

- "Has very good and fast normals like st.A, st.B, d.A, d.B, st.C, etc."

^ Can the examples of the normals should be mentioned in the gameplay notes?

- "df+C can work as a vertical anti-air and helps keep out hoppers"

^ I think mentioning this as a con is too specific. Can we just say "Good ground normals and command moves for anti-airs"?

-  Has a strong pressure game, can cancel his seep into other specials as well

^ there is a spelling error, and I think a lot of characters can cancel their sweeps too, so maybe that can be mentioned somewhere else.

"- D Crackshoot pressure off a low allows him to set up his frame trap (Puts him at frame advantage)"

^ I think this is rather specific too for a pro too.

"-Properly spacing most ground specials make them safe and good to use for pressure (Easy guardbreak character)"

^ Maybe this can be added next to the pro about his strong pressure game?

- "Improper spacing of crackshoot and command grab characters take away some of your options (But there's still a way!)"

^ I know what's being said but I think it should be rephrased a bit. Plus, I dont think "But theres still a way" should be added there.

"-Jump CD has practically no lower hit box so is pretty bad for air to ground pressure"

I think this is a rather specific con that should be mentioned in his normals section.

---

Also, I feel his normal attacks could use some more clarification and details on usage in certain situations. If anyone wants to help with that, feel free.

---

I have a question about this entry:

* "Back Knuckle = (f+A) 70 damage, hits mid. Terry spins around and hits the opponent with the back of his knuckle, hence the name. Great reach and good damage, but slow to come out. Useful on wake-up. Can be combo'd into from standing A. In HD mode, this command normal is special cancel-able, even Rising Tackle combos after it. "

Useful on wake-up? Whose wake-up? The Terry player's wake or the opponents? Why would it be useful?

* "Power Wave (EX) = qcf+AC - Travels full-screen, but slowly. Hits three times. Although it doesn't link with any specials, it's hard to poke him after it comes out. With proper spacing, that's impossible. If an opponent jumps onto it, it traps them in a standing position while being hit, allowing for a follow up attack. On block, and if you're at the right distance, you can run after your fireball and keep pressuring your opponent. "

What is bolded, I'm having a little trouble understanding. Does it mean the move has good pushback on block?

* "All Crack Shoots are fairly safe on block, B being -2 frames and D being -1 when standing. Opponents can do moves (like low B) to lower their hurtbox and avoid being hit at the right time so don't be too predictable! His B and D Crack Shoot allows you to continue into a combo if they are hit while crouching, though the link is pretty tight. At about half screen, a D crack shoot can hit a standing opponent and allow Terry to continue the combo as well. If an opponent blocks D Crackshoot low, that's a frame trap. Terry is at frame advantage. You can jump, pressure with low B or st.C and your opponent will likely be beat out or feel safer blocking. "

The section I have bolded isn't wrong, but it is worded kinda funny. A frame trap is usually a set-up, not just one attack. It would be better to say "if an opponent blocks the heavy kick (D) crackshoot while crouching, Terry is at frame advantage", then whatever else for the set-up.

* "Crack Shoot (EX) = qcb+BD - Comes out faster and is an overhead. This makes it a very useful way to end a match if your opponent in near death. "

It would probably be best to let people know if it is safe on block or not.

* "Rising Tackle = (d~u+P) -Terry flips upside down and flies straight up while spinning around like a top. The awesomeness of this move is inversely proportional to how goofy it sounds. Great damage, but incredibly unsafe. (If you want a safer anti-air, go for Rising Upper.) Use this only when you're certain your opponent will be above you, or in combos. The quicker, A version hits five times, and C version hits seven times, although if the opponent isn't close enough all the hits won't connect. "

I think the bolded sentence should be removed, it seem a little corny and it isn't useful to know.

* "Rising Tackle (EX) = d~u+AC - EX version is godly. Around 3 frames start-up and insanely powerful. It also has a vacuum effect, where the opponent is pulled into the move if it connects. So while the normal version can just knock them away after one hit, the EX version is always going to hit multiple times if one hit connects. There are technically 21 hits to this move, but it's impossible for all of them to connect. Against an airborne opponent who is very close, it can hit a maximum of 20 times. The maximum number of times it can hit a grounded opponent is only 17. Great for ending combos. "

I think it should be noted against how unsafe and risky this move can be if isn't used correctly.

* "Buster Wolf = (qcfx2+K) - Does this move even need an introduction? Probably not, but I'll give one anyway. Terry flies forward like in Burn Knuckle and, if the move connects, an explosion blasts the opponent away. It's not as strong as Power Geyser, but it can combo in many situations Power Geyser wouldn't be able to. Also, it can be max canceled into his NeoMax. Terry no longer shouts "Are you okay!?" when the move starts up, but most self-respecting Terry players will shout it anyway.

Buster Wolf (EX) = qcfx2+BD - EX version does more damage and goes through projectiles. Great full-screen punish. "

The bolded sentences need to be removed. It should also be noted how unsafe it is on block...

* "Trinity Geyser = (qcfx2+AC) - Terry raises both fists behind his head and, after a dramatic pause, slams both fists to the ground. A series of successive power geysers travel across the screen, although the move can only hit a maximum of three times. It's a great NeoMax against mid-screen opponents (and can even be followed up with Burn Knuckle under the right circumstances). However, against cornered opponents it's completely inadvisable, since it'll only hit once. "

I think would should be noted is some possible defensive escapes the opponent can do, or what can evade it the geysers.

EDIT: Also, I think Terry's combo section needs to be updated with damage values, newly found combos, comments and strategies for certain combos and a notation legend.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:50:34 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2013, 09:30:40 PM »
Everything aside from the normals and combo section has been changed.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 03:12:12 AM »

Also, I feel his normal attacks could use some more clarification and details on usage in certain situations. If anyone wants to help with that, feel free.
Well, here's something short and simple. Could use some adding to or editing. I only covered Anti-Air and Air-to-Air.

Anti-Air:

st.A: Terry's best choice for dealing with hops. Very quick recovery. Not effective for jumps.

df.C: Terry's best choice for dealing with jumps. Works for hops, but st.A is a better choice and has less recovery on whiff. (Notes: Often trades in Counter Hit situations. If the opponent's move does not lead to a hard or soft knockdown, can combo into Buster Wolf. Against some moves, it makes for a poor anti-air. Ex: Kyo j.2C)

Far st.C: This makes a good alternative to st.A for anti-airing max range range hops / hyper hops. It has more reach.

Air-to-Air:

j.B: Terry's quickest move for Air-to-Air. Good horizontal reach. Use it to cover space in the air, whether you're going neutral, forward, or back. Ineffective for Air-to-Ground.

j.CD: Another great Air-to-Air that keeps Terry covered when he hops or jumps. Terry's j.CD is very swift, but has exactly twice the startup of j.B; Use accordingly. Can lead to Counterhit combos with Crackshoot. Ineffective for Air-to-Ground.

j.D: This is less of an Air-to-Air move and much better for Air-to-Ground, but if you are in a higher jump arc than your opponent, j.D can be a good choice.

j.C: This is the perfect medium in the air. Not as much horizontal reach as j.B, and is 2 frames slower. j.C can be used for both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground. If you are unsure which normal to throw out in a specific hop / jump, j.C is a good choice.

---

As for combos, I was thinking something along the lines of 3 different lists for HD.

One for 0-2 bar stuff that covers all parts of the screen.

Another for 3-5 bar combos that make the most out of HD and cover the entire screen. ( Max cancels, Strict Spacing, but easy execution)

Another for 3-5 bar combos that don't have such strict spacing and also covers the entire screen.

Quick combo list could use some editing imo.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:59:36 AM by SPLIPH »

nax

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »
hey desmond i'm posting on here for the wiki editing deal.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 05:31:12 AM »
^ I got you, check your private messages.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
Spliph, I'll add what you wrote to what's already there and do a little splicing. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nevermind, seems it's already up there. I'll spend some of my time working on the combo section.

EDIT again: Added in a starters and enders section to the combo section.  It shows a list of combo starters, enders, and why you would use either one.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:18:57 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 11:42:56 AM »
Modified st.B's entry.

Added df+C to the moves that can be canceled into from df+C. This is a neat thing to note because d.B, st.B, df+C gives you a free combo from a low and at a reasonable range, a hit confirmed df+C can turn into a drive cancel combo/HD combo.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 10:07:31 PM »
Added the following the following to the Tips Section:

"Frame Traps and Links

(L)= Link

1. st. A, cl. C (L)

2. st. A, cl. D

3. cr. A, cl. C

4. cr. A, cl. D

5. st. B, cl. A (L)

6. st. B, cr. A

7. st. B, cl. C (L)

8. st. B, df+C (L)

9. st. B, cl. D

10. st. B, st. B"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
Nice work! This is pretty useful for getting in!

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
Something I think is pretty important to note is that Terry has a multitude of normals when he has the ability to delay canceling (on block or hit) which gives him a mind game within his blockstring. He could trick people into pressing a button prematurely and then punishing them with special, super or chain int another normal. He can also cancel and hit someone with a crackshoot or rising tackle trying to jump out of his pressure.

The normals are cl.st.C, fr. st C, Cr.c, Cl st D

Also maybe we should note his st a generally whiffs on crouchers unless used in combos or opponent character has a large body (goro,maxima) and should generally avoid being used unless anti airing or fighting a large size character. St b starts up 2 frame, but has similar frame advantage, more range, and is more reliable for ground vs ground use.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:21:30 PM by Crimson_King15 »