Author Topic: A player from OC,CA  (Read 1447 times)

projectblindside

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
A player from OC,CA
« on: December 13, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
What's up guys? projectblindside here. Long time KOF player and fan! I guess I want to utilize this forum to get my gameplay up and moving again. I started the KOF series really late, KOF 11 late! haha But after playing that on PS2 for about a year with my roomie I slowly explored every KOF in the series. I must say my fave is a tie between KOF 96' and 97'. My favorite classic fighters are Andy, Ryo, and Clark! Since KOF 11 though I have a soft spot for good ole' Ash, even though 13 looks to be his last official game (Come on dream match!!!). Some of my mains are Andy, Clark, Ryo, Ash, and Benimaru. 13 added Takuma to my serious fighters list.

The biggest reason I'm here despite being a huge fan of the series, is because I just recently (as in Nov 11') officially switched from the ole' d-pad console days of KOF11 to fightstick! And to say the least I am a novice on the stick right now. I can rock it on the pad, but I really want to make it on the stick!!! So here I am. Help me improve!!! haha I hope to be immersing myself in the forums real soon.

Glad to meet you all, thanks for reading!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: A player from OC,CA
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:28:41 AM »
Ahhhh... stick is the way imo! (problem for me is finding them in stock :( )

Welcome to DC by the way!

I remember 97' fondly as that game took KOF combos to a new level. Many a fun time in arcades back then.

There are plenty of materials here to help you get used to stick.

This one covers shortcuts and other technicals.
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

The SRK guide has good info on this too:
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/Game_Elements/Command_Interpreter

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
Welcome, Blindside!  :)

I also need to take the plunge and purchase a fightstick. I'm just too indecisive. What kind did you go with? And why?

projectblindside

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »
@ BioBooster Yeah! I know! I love the feel of the stick just really getting used to the command inputs. It gets tricky sometimes. But thanks for those links, honestly they really did help me. ha Now I can slowly get better at doing what I intend to do.

@Rex Dart I ended up doing some research before purchasing a stick. All I can tell you is SANWA parts (buttons and joystick) is the only way to go. It makes a huge difference. The SANWA made components make using a stick sooo enjoyable and it "feels" right. I decided to go with the Mad Catz SFIV TE Rd. 2. Most of the Mad Catz TE sticks are all made with premium SANWA parts as standard. I ended up getting my stick used from a guy on craig's list. It was a good deal and I love the stick so much!

Here is the exact one I own: http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Arcade-FightStick-Tournament/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1323766508&sr=8-4

I ended up getting it for $100 in mint used condition. Honestly these TE by Mad Catz are the best out there that won't cost you an arm and a leg. $150 seems steep but the quality is worth it.