Author Topic: Hey KOF Fans  (Read 5064 times)

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey KOF Fans
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:39:43 AM »
Hey all.  I've been playing KOF since 98, well technically since Fatal Fury 1.  Long time SNK fan.  Played lots of their games.  Actually played lots of Neogeo games from Tokon Matrimelee, to Sengoku 3, to Rage of the Dragons, to Samurai Shodown RPG, and so on.  Glad to finally be here.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hey KOF Fans
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:46 AM »
Welcome to the family, enjoy your stay here.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:07:03 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel SNKOF, it's a pleasure to meet you.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:07:37 AM »
Welcome SNKOF!

Just on games you're listing,
I can now say I know someone else who's play SamSho RPG. I played it to completion a long time ago when I just got to Japan and my Japanese was still crap - lol

Have also played all the others you mention. My fav below was Sengoku 3 - what an awesome combo system for a beat-em-up. Rage was probably the most Meh for me.

Which KOF is your favorite?

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 05:17:19 PM »
Thanks Everybody. I actually was a member of the Official SNK boards over at SNKPlaymoreUSA.com or Snkneogeousaconsumer.com before they were unfortunately taken down and was probably the reason for Fio being playable in KOF2006. I miss the ol gang from there, Alba Meira, Kuzukaze, Yuri, FalleAngelRyo, Kusanagi, etc but this seems like a Great new place to be. Thanks again all for the warm reception. Next time, Yell at me. LOL jk jk

@Biobooster
Yeah, I saw that a translated version of SamShoRPG was in the works. Not sure how far that has gotten though. It 's been a while since I saw it though.

Sengoku 3 is my fav beat em up due to that combo system. Me and Falcon can pull off miracles in that game. I also have and beat Beats Of Rage (a FanMade Streets of Rage but with KOF characters).

I used to go to SNKOnline.com to see the latest works from Scrik (thankfully he's still doing animations on youtube) but the site eventually went down. I also went there to get the latest info on the resurrected (I believe) KOF ONLINE MMO for the PC.

I liked Rage but yeah out of those, it probably is the least favorite.

Oh man Have you played BREAKERS ir KIZUNA ENCOUNTER/SAVAGE REIGN 2? Those games are golden. So is Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7, Aggressors of Dark Kombat (ADK, Real slick huh ADK?), of course NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Ninja Masters, SamSho Tenkaichi Kekouden, Spin Master, Top Hunter, Shock Troopers, Warriors Rage 1 & 2, Buriki One, Blazing Star (Pulstar 2), etc. I could go on and on.

My fav Kof is easily KOF 02. Followed by 98 (I had Dream Match 99 on Dreamcast which was a more polished 98 with enhanced backgrounds, great enhancement. And Dat Intro OMG Awesome)!
I am one that can admit that I actually did enjoy Kof 2006. I know they were a bit different than the typical KOF's but I found them to be quite fun with interesting character choice. 13 is REALLY good though and is quickly becoming a favorite.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:51:16 PM »
Welcome to DC, SNKOF!

Nice to find another fan of KOF 2006. Definitely an underrated KOF. Did you ever get a chance to play Regulation A? Pretty much just a more balanced version of 2006, but missing all the great fanservice of the original (vs. Metal Slug missions, alternate costumes, classic BGMs). If SNK is never going to give us Maximum Impact 3, maybe instead they could just give us Maximum Impact UM with Regulation A's combat and 2006's content. Wishful thinking.  :(

How did you play the Samurai Shodown RPG? Neo CD or Saturn? I've always wanted to try it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
Welcome SNKOF, glad you finally registered with us :)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 03:03:15 AM »
Sengoku 3 is my fav beat em up due to that combo system. Me and Falcon can pull off miracles in that game. I also have and beat Beats Of Rage (a FanMade Streets of Rage but with KOF characters).

Oh man Have you played BREAKERS ir KIZUNA ENCOUNTER/SAVAGE REIGN 2? Those games are golden. So is Galaxy Fight, Waku Waku 7, Aggressors of Dark Kombat (ADK, Real slick huh ADK?), of course NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Ninja Masters, SamSho Tenkaichi Kekouden, Spin Master, Top Hunter, Shock Troopers, Warriors Rage 1 & 2, Buriki One, Blazing Star (Pulstar 2), etc. I could go on and on.

My fav Kof is easily KOF 02. Followed by 98 (I had Dream Match 99 on Dreamcast which was a more polished 98 with enhanced backgrounds, great enhancement. And Dat Intro OMG Awesome)!
I am one that can admit that I actually did enjoy Kof 2006. I know they were a bit different than the typical KOF's but I found them to be quite fun with interesting character choice. 13 is REALLY good though and is quickly becoming a favorite.

LOL, sounds like we both have the same list of stuff at the ready. I love all those games.

Blazing Star is such a good shooter - best neogeo one (do like viewpoint too which was years ahead of it's time).
Spin Master, Top Hunter, Shock Troopers - also golden.
Ninja Masters - shame it's little known, but great gameplay
Buriki One - used to use Ryo in arcades
Waku Waku 7 - I used to want a sequel for so long...hey I still do!
BREAKERS ir KIZUNA ENCOUNTER/SAVAGE REIGN 2 - also awesome. And some folks still play these
NGBC - superb
ADK - love how Fuuma is in there, very fun and so is 3 count bout

You play much Gekka no Kenshi II (last blade?) - love it, prefer this to samsho
Also, don't forget the Metal Slug series - should be a national treasure
Ever play Twinkle Star Sprites? - don't let the theme throw you off, ludicrous fun
Fighter's History Dynamite? - Tigah Bazooka Jya!!!

2006 - heheh
XIII - well if we're anything alike (signs point to yes) this title will be a favorite, guaranteed ;)

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »

LOL, sounds like we both have the same list of stuff at the ready. I love all those games.

Blazing Star is such a good shooter - best neogeo one (do like viewpoint too which was years ahead of it's time).
Spin Master, Top Hunter, Shock Troopers - also golden.
Ninja Masters - shame it's little known, but great gameplay
Buriki One - used to use Ryo in arcades
Waku Waku 7 - I used to want a sequel for so long...hey I still do!
BREAKERS ir KIZUNA ENCOUNTER/SAVAGE REIGN 2 - also awesome. And some folks still play these
NGBC - superb
ADK - love how Fuuma is in there, very fun and so is 3 count bout

You play much Gekka no Kenshi II (last blade?) - love it, prefer this to samsho
Also, don't forget the Metal Slug series - should be a national treasure
Ever play Twinkle Star Sprites? - don't let the theme throw you off, ludicrous fun
Fighter's History Dynamite? - Tigah Bazooka Jya!!!

2006 - heheh
XIII - well if we're anything alike (signs point to yes) this title will be a favorite, guaranteed ;)
Yep Still play all of those. 

I LOVE Bakumatsuroman Dai Ni Maku Gekka No Kenshi (Last Blade 2).  Kohryu is the ONLY SNK boss that can give Omega Rugal a Run for his money.  I main Moriya but I play as alot of the cast.  Even Musashi.

Yep, I have Most of the Metal Slug games.  1-6, X, XX, Advance (Haven't played the 3D one though)

Twinkle Star Sprites...  HECK YEAH!!!  I LOVE THAT GAME!!!  I used to use Memory but I switched to Sprites.  I am struggling with the last stage on that game.  Hardest Difficulty of course.

Fighters History Dynamite is AWESOME!!!

How the HECK did I forget WORLD HEROES?!?!?!

I own SamSho Warriors Rage 2 on PSX Japanese version.  Seishiro Kuki, Tohma Kuki, Seishiro Kuno, Jushiro Sakaki, Rinka, Saya, etc. That is a VERY rare game and is a pretty good fighter.  I always laugh when I have to fight Brute.  Even though at times, that joker can be tough.

The SUPER SPY. LOL!!!  My Brother actually beat it.  Pretty good when you actually get into it.

Aero Fighters.  Love the airplane 1943-ish games

LAST RESORT!!!  GREAT GAME!!!

ZEDBLADE is AMAZING!!!

Blue's Journey is a good platformer

I Love Breakers.  I use Tia but I want to figure out how to get that White outfit the computer uses when you face yourself

GALAXY FIGHT is REALLY good.  I love how they get knocked back and you can chase them

Operation Ragnagard is Ok.  Not the best fighter but potential is there.  I use Chichi & Nene

KABUKI KLASH!!!  REALLY AMAZING FIGHTER!!!

Ninja Commando is pretty fun.

Strikers 1945 Plus is good.  I use the Red plane (Forgot the name)

Voltage Fighter: Gowcaizer!!!  BRIDER KICK!!!!!

ZU Freaking PAPA!!!!  Zupapa is a really good puzzler.  I just wish it was more stages.

Eight Man is pretty fun.  That joker can run!!

Of course KOF 13 is one of my favorites.  That game is simply awesome.  I REALLY wished they'd have gone with GGPO for the online though but we shall see what happens after this patch.  I usually have pretty good matches online where I am though so I'm sorta satisfied with it.

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
Welcome to DC, SNKOF!

Nice to find another fan of KOF 2006. Definitely an underrated KOF. Did you ever get a chance to play Regulation A? Pretty much just a more balanced version of 2006, but missing all the great fanservice of the original (vs. Metal Slug missions, alternate costumes, classic BGMs). If SNK is never going to give us Maximum Impact 3, maybe instead they could just give us Maximum Impact UM with Regulation A's combat and 2006's content. Wishful thinking.  :(

How did you play the Samurai Shodown RPG? Neo CD or Saturn? I've always wanted to try it.
No but I REALLY did want to try Reg A.  I LOVED the second outfit SNK came up with for Blue Mary.

Neo CD although mines broke now.  So pissed I am.  It's a great RPG.  Pretty good replayability and I LOVE the fighting engine they used.  There's a translated version somewhere I believe.  Samurai Shodown RPG English demo

If you like SNK RPG's and you own a Nintendo DS, you should DEFINITELY look for Kimi no Yusha.  That game is AWESOME!!!  Japanese though.  Kimino Yusha (Nintendo DS) Trailer

Also, if you liked Shadow Hearts by Midway, you should check out the Predecessor by SNK called KOUDELKA Koudelka - Disc 1 - Part 1.  It's on PS1 and a VERY Rare find.  The gameplay isn't all that but the Story is great and voice overs are some of the best I've heard even til this day.

Edit: Oh BTW, I'll be changing my username to "Shiranui Persona" just to inform you all.  So don't be confused, it's me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:59:02 PM by Rex Dart »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 04:05:19 AM »
Yeah, how did we forget World Heroes?? WH2 was one of the first neo geo carts I owned. Jet is awesome.
Superspy - still a fav of mine, so fun. Along the same vein, figure you like crossed swords as well :)
Maybe not popular by most peeps, but had burning fight as well, it had a special charm to it - all brawlers must be played (big fan of all the capcom ones too, but like Sengoku3 the best)!!!
Double dragon was pretty good.
Favorite FF was RB2 - so good, this was the only game where I could whip people down in jpn arcades
magical drop 3 - great puzzler
puzzle bobble - yes
-and the list goes on

lol - we must have been separated at birth

Maybe we should take some of these thoughts over to the
Other fighting games area: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0
and to Social Club for the non-fighters: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
Yeah, how did we forget World Heroes?? WH2 was one of the first neo geo carts I owned. Jet is awesome.
Superspy - still a fav of mine, so fun. Along the same vein, figure you like crossed swords as well :)
Maybe not popular by most peeps, but had burning fight as well, it had a special charm to it - all brawlers must be played (big fan of all the capcom ones too, but like Sengoku3 the best)!!!
Double dragon was pretty good.
Favorite FF was RB2 - so good, this was the only game where I could whip people down in jpn arcades
magical drop 3 - great puzzler
puzzle bobble - yes
-and the list goes on

lol - we must have been separated at birth

Maybe we should take some of these thoughts over to the
Other fighting games area: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0
and to Social Club for the non-fighters: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0
LOL!!!  Yeah Jet was awesome.  Perfect was good too.

Also in ADK, I play Kisarah albeit she is quite difficult to use on there but on NGBC, I OWN with her.

Double Dragon was a interesting take on the Movie.  It actually wasn't a bad Movie fighting game.  I did like the Quadruple Reverse Air PimpSlaps by Billy and Jimmy (Their Dragon Punches) LOL!!!

Yes!!!  RB2 was AMAZING!!!  I wish SNK would Use Rick Stroud more.  He was an awesome boxer.  But on RB2, I was a Li Xiangfei and Mai user.

LOL!!! Magical Drop oh the glory LOL

Puzzle Bobble will always be Bubble Bobble to me.  Great game.

Are you by chance on Kaillera?  If so, I'm usually in West Wonderland and The Galaxy servers.  I'm Fluff Magnet on there LOL!!!

Also, I just added you on PSN.  SO ACCEPT THE REQUEST!!!  I'm Angel_Shiranui on PSN

also, again, I'll be changing my username on here from "SNKOF" to "Shiranui Persona".  I feel it has a nicer ring to it.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 03:54:38 AM »
-yeah NGBC kisarah was my girl, used her and ryo a lot.
-wish Stroud could've been in KOF like Shangfei...was an awesome chr, but since vanessa picked up the slack (ie his moves) may never see him again RIP

Not on kaillera - was going to look into it, but XIII hype took over and consumed my time. Will def consider after a while.

Will certainly accept the invite sir!

Not sure how XIII online will be though, where are you based? I'm over in Yokohama.
Either way should be worth a try anyways, and good for testing the patch if you're far.

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:41 PM »
Why ello my good chaps.  I'll be on KOF today if you wanna get some battling in.  I'm exstatic to see KOF doing sooo well.  Congratulations also to Reynald and MRKOF for being sponsored players.  I definitely want to battle them both.  Hope to see you all online today.

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »
-yeah NGBC kisarah was my girl, used her and ryo a lot.
-wish Stroud could've been in KOF like Shangfei...was an awesome chr, but since vanessa picked up the slack (ie his moves) may never see him again RIP

Not on kaillera - was going to look into it, but XIII hype took over and consumed my time. Will def consider after a while.

Will certainly accept the invite sir!

Not sure how XIII online will be though, where are you based? I'm over in Yokohama.
Either way should be worth a try anyways, and good for testing the patch if you're far.
Wow cool.  You're in Yokohama! I always wanted to visit Japan.  Send me some import Games!!! :D Lol
Yeah I'm in Atlanta Georgia so yeah the connection may not be the best yet.  All we can do is wait on that Patch.  I'd be very shocked if SNK slams us with a totally recoded from scratch GGPO netcode.  That'd be ideal for this type of game.  That scenario is HIGHLY unlikely though but KOF 13 has been doing VERY well so we may be in for some shocking news actually.  Here's hoping for Angel to make it in as DLC!!!  I'd have a complete Profile Team then.  Either Angel or Li Xiangfei.