King of Fighters XIII > Clark Still

Clark wiki building thread

(1/10) > >>

nilcam:
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Clark_Still_(XIII)

Submissions, questions, comments and feedback should be posted here.

LouisCipher:
Basic Clark talk:

I don't think he has any bad matchups. Feel free to discuss. But everything just seems really solid with him.

Tick throw options with B SAB: Jumping or standing A or B. Very scary stuff.

Learning the HD bypass makes him even scarier as he could do it off of pretty much any normal: !

LouisCipher:
One other thing: I disagree with using HD Bypass straight into Grab Super than Neo Max. It uses 3 bars but it only does about 150 more damage then simply using EX Grab and one cancel into EX Super. Unless it's absolutely going to kill them I wouldn't use it because you sacrifice your entire Drive Cancel bar and you might need the rest of it for later.

LouisCipher:
Tested some things in the lab:

Corner only: You can do jumping A or B, then toward A or B, wait half a second, then B SAB. Legit tick throw.

Another thing -I don't know if it's been mentioned but I tested it with the dummy set to 1 guard Jump- you can use Clark's Dash (Toward B&D) after doing Sweep gives him less recovery frames, or so it seems. I'm really not the frame data kind of guy so I couldn't tell you. But he looks relatively safe, at least against shit that isn't instant like EX Supers or command grabs by other characters. It certainly intensifies his pressure game.

desmond_kof:

--- Quote from: LouisCipher on December 17, 2011, 06:22:30 AM ---Tested some things in the lab:

Corner only: You can do jumping A or B, then toward A or B, wait half a second, then B SAB. Legit tick throw.

--- End quote ---

I hate to burst your bubble, but someone can try to alternate guard that, especially if you're doing the B SAB which has slow startup (ppl can see a mile away). Even if they don't alt guard it, someone can just jump away on reaction.

If someone doesn't know about alternate guard, it would be smarter to do just hop A, then tick D SAB because it starts up faster. Then if you are facing someone that does alt guard, you can do hop A, wait, low B into D SAB. You can even put that into a combo on hit, hop A, low B, D SAB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version