Author Topic: Clark wiki building thread  (Read 16071 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Clark wiki building thread
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 06:48:06 AM »
For a wiki intended to teach players at large, it's your responsibility to explain everything that the character can do, within the realm of common sense.  Yeah, you're right, a lot of it is exploration and seeing what you can do, but if we're going to require everyone to explore the character, than the wiki is worthless in the first place other than being a place just for a move list and frame data.  And even allowing people to explore the character, it's still likely they can miss out on something that can optimize the character.

I'll make a deal with you though, if you can put every possible thing and situation within the character matchups that can cover all of the couple of sections I put up, you can delete them at your leisure immediately.  Hell, you're in charge of Clark's section, you can do it right now if you think it's best.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 07:05:08 AM »
Wiki's are just reference tools. If someone is having trouble with execution or matchups and the wiki doesn't help them, that's why we have character subforums.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
Wiki's are just reference tools. If someone is having trouble with execution or matchups and the wiki doesn't help them, that's why we have character subforums.

Fair enough, at least in your case since Clark's tends to be...somewhat active.  Do you want the section gone?  Yes or no?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 07:18:54 AM »
No, no. Let's keep the matchup section. I think it's going to be Evo where we see a lot of new technology. At least I would hope so.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 07:20:18 AM »
No, no. Let's keep the matchup section. I think it's going to be Evo where we see a lot of new technology. At least I would hope so.

No, i know to keep the matchup section.  I mean the section you said was pointless, do you want me to take it down?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »
Oh that, yeah take it down. Thanks. I'll try to bug Bala about what Clark can do in his bad matchups.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 07:31:34 AM »
Alright, and for future reference, any and all changes for his wiki now go to you.  I promise to not mess with it anymore.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
Hey don't worry about it. It's not like I'm a Clark God and I have to approve of everything.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 07:43:47 AM »

Okay, but matchups cover that. If not, than combos cover that. For example: If Clark has 2 bars and one DriveCancel available, what can you do? In which case I don't believe in going over every kind of action you can do because everyone plays differently. A lot of it is exploration and trying to figure out what works for you. Anyone who's reading the Clark wiki and wants to figure him out will know what he's capable of doing and what works best in certain matchups.

Does that make sense?

Hmm, I still think you are missing the point or you fully don't understand the true point and meaning behind the section but it doesn't really matter anymore now since it's gone and replaced with the matchup section.

Alright, and for future reference, any and all changes for his wiki now go to you.  I promise to not mess with it anymore.

Here is a better suggestion. If you plan to delete any sections (either completed or not), please notify the team beforehand (either in the wiki plan thread or here) just in-case someone else that may be contributing or editing may have something for that section. So basically, if you can't do it, or if you don't have anything to contribute towards a section, then maybe someone else would.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:30 AM »
Well I haven't deleted any sections other than the one Louis wanted me to do so...alright?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Well I haven't deleted any sections other than the one Louis wanted me to do so...alright?

That was fine, as long as things are agreed upon and brought into discussion, then its cool.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:53:58 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »
Fyi LouisCipher, I'm going to work on the Clark wiki as well and just clean it up a bit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:41:14 PM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
LouisCipher:  I went thru your wiki and made several changes other than just generally cleaning up your combo section.

-I fixed the air throw command.  It's any direction but up or down + C.

Note: You cannot do short hop C to do the grab, it has to be a full jump toward the opponent (cannot be neutral) C to grab them.

Empty Short Hop into B SAB will beat all low attacks
-You said you cannot neutral air throw or hop air throw, that is incorrect.

Your whole tick throw setup section I have a problem with.  Basically, you're stating that if you do a s.B (blocked), cancel into B SAB it'll combo which is does not work since they're still in block stun.  If you're saying you can s.B (blocked), and just do B SAB afterwards then that's really no different from s.B (blocked), (slight delay) D SAB.

I took it out for now but I'll leave it here so we can revise it later for his strategy section--that way you don't have to re-write everything.

==B SAB Tick Throws and Air Grab setups==

Clark is the only character in KOF13 that has tick throws due to the autoguard his B Super Argentine Backbreaker (SAB) has. This gives Clark some very scary ''near'' 50/50 mixups that resemble certain Capcom grapplers. However, the B SAB has flaws and will lose out to a competent opponent if you spam them, but they are a legit tool one should keep in mind and can be used in many situations.

Tick throws setups:

c.B (close), B SAB.

J.A or B. B SAB.

s.CD, Step (f BD), B SAB.

J.CD / J.A / J.B, (delay) B SAB.

All of the setups can be used for an airgrab setup.

Video example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ORIfPg35qw&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:00:45 AM by Kane317 »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »
Good shit Kane but I meant c.B as in crouching. Not Close. And crouching B and B SAB does work. I never said it combos, it's a tick throw.

For me, seeing a notation for c. means crouching.

What do you think are Clark's best air-to-airs?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:36:35 AM by LouisCipher »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »
Good shit Kane but I meant c.B as in crouching. Not Close. And crouching B and B SAB does work. I never said it combos, it's a tick throw.

For me, seeing a notation for c. means crouching.

Hmm I'm pretty sure the blockstun from d.B and s.B are similar if not the same.  If we're going with tick throws, strictly speaking the hcf D is better for that situation since it has a faster startup, that's what I don't get.  

What do you think are Clark's best air-to-airs?

Air throw > j.CD > j.B > j.A  

I dunno how many hopping Kyos, Ioris and Benis I've air thrown lately, especially if they're going for a crossup.