Author Topic: K' wiki building thread  (Read 13417 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
K' wiki building thread
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:38:05 AM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=K%27_(XIII)

Submissions, questions, comments and feedback should be posted here.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: K' wiki building thread
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:26:17 AM »
I feel we should really test out the properties of his moves in detail. At face value a lot of this stuff is very interesting, like Ein Trigger => Second Shoot having some sort of invincibility on start-up.

Also, we no longer have to depend on ....=>[HDA] st.C (1), qcf+A as a combo starter in midscreen. For example, you can do st.C, f+A [HDA], st.C, f+A ~delay~ qcb+Dx2 (quickly). You can actually buffer it pretty well and it connects midscreen even off a jump-in. I think this should be the standard as it does more damage with no meter.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
Added in some changes to the wiki for K' which included editing some of his specials with the changes that are apparent for the moves. I also added in whether the moves cause hard knockdown or not. I didn't do that for normals though.

In the Narrow spike section, I added the uses of doing st.C, f+A into (qcb+D)x2. Let me know if I'm missing something.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:24:02 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »
http://keykakko.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/a-beast-of-prey/

Note: When reading frame data, remember this: Start up frames are the frames it takes BEFORE the move becomes active. So it'll be active on the very next frame.
Normals

NameDmgHitstunStartupRecovery frames
st.A253F4F+2
Far A253F4F+1
d.A253F4F+2
j.A453F8FN/A
hop A4038FN/A
st.B303F5F+1
Far B303F4F+1
d.B303F5F+1
j.B453F4FN/A
hop B403F4FN/A
st.C (1)406F5FN/A
st.C (2)304FN/A-8
Far C707F6F-11
d.C707F10F-9
j.C727F9FN/A
hop C707F8FN/A
st.D707F7F-6
Far D807F8F-10
d.D807F9F-8
j.D707F10FN/A
hop D6879FN/A
CD751014-6
j.CD908F10FN/A
hop CD808F10FN/A

Command Normals

NameDmgHitstunStartupRecovery frames
One-Inch (Combo'd)604F15F-6
One-Inch (1)7512F22F-2
GCCD40F13F-15
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:22:24 AM by Reiki.Kito »

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »
Is the recovery frames on hit or on block the same?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:22:54 AM »
Pretty sure it's on block.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:51:25 AM »
Update: K' frame data is now on the wiki.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
1-2 stock HDs

1 bar HD 731 damage

jC > cl C XX fA > BC > cl C XX fA XX 214D(whiff) > 214D(slide followup) > (623A [DC] 214D > 214D(whiff))*4 > 623A [DC] 236C > fD > fA > 2363214P

1 bar HD 747 damage

jC > cl C XX fA > BC > cl C XX fA XX 214D(whiff) > 214D(slide followup) > (623A [DC] 236C > fD > fA)*4 > 2363214P

2 bar HD 803 damage

jC > cl C XX fA > BC > cl C XX fA XX 214D(whiff) > 214D(slide followup) > (623A [DC] 214D > 214D(whiff))*4 > 623A XX 6321463214AC

there are obviously many ways to confirm into HD with K', i might write some crap up in the near future

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:36:35 AM »
Added, but I changed the format to match the rest of the combo format. Number notation helps a lot, but I want to be consistent with the rest of the wiki.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
If needed, you can put number formats as a side note if its really specific.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:10 AM »
So it took me a while to figure out how to do the Air Minute Spike follow up to the Heat Drive and EX Chain Drive. I think it would be handy to add that it's easiest to do  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk ;b (as in off the backdash) to the wiki rather than just "allows you to do an Air Minute Spikes to continue" seeing as it's pretty tricky at first glance.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
So it took me a while to figure out how to do the Air Minute Spike follow up to the Heat Drive and EX Chain Drive. I think it would be handy to add that it's easiest to do  ;dn ;db ;bk ;bk ;b (as in off the backdash) to the wiki rather than just "allows you to do an Air Minute Spikes to continue" seeing as it's pretty tricky at first glance.

Added it to EX Chain Drive's description.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »
I feel like we don't need to post up combos because that's already doing its job in the console thread. If anything it's important to have match up knowledges on what you can/can not punish etc. Alot of players may play these characters themselves as well but some of them don't have the knowledge about it or it's not even on the wiki for some reason (I understand some of you mods/admins are busy, so sorry if I sound like I'm putting you on blast) It's best that if we focus on that instead of posting up sick combos etc. I don't mind people posting up how to do DP into Ein Trigger or how to do instant Narrow Spike etc those are fine. There are some things that are wrong on these notes and I did my best to make it accurate as possible so if I made a mistake, I'm sorry!

(?) = I'm not too sure about it

Well this is for Joe vs K Match up,I'll contribute right here (there's alot of things I haven't tested yet but I would like some help to make sure)

Joe Higashi

•You can hop over his Hurricane Upper even tho it looks like you can't

•If he starts going for Standing C into Forward+B into Golden Heel (QCB+K) you can just interrupt it in between Forward+B and Golden Heel on all 3 Versions by DP

•His EX Hurricane Upper will BEAT your EX Fireball

-Guard Cancel Roll the first Hurricane Upper to avoid the rest of them

-K Dash: EX or Regular Chain Drive will beat it clean

-KYO: EX or Regular Orochinagi beat it

-KULA: Her regular counter will beat it clean

-KULA: Her EX Diamond Dust or Freezing Execution will beat it

•Standing A or Standing C into Forward+B then in C Version of Hurricane Upper is punishable ONLY by Guard Cancel Roll as the Forward+B touch you

•Standing A or Standing C into Forward+B then in A Version of Hurricane Upper is NOT a true blockstring you can just roll in between Forward+B and Hurricane Upper

-KULA: You can use the counter after the Forward+B before Joe's Fire Ball hits you

-KULA: You can EX DP between Forward+B & Fire Ball

•If Joe throws out a Thrust Kick across the screen, Do NOT punish it since he will do a D Version of the Tiger Kick (DP+K) after the Thrust Kick, just block it

-All 3 Versions of the Thrust Kick are punishable

-EX Thrust Kick will go right past by you if you're ducking low so just block standing up.

•All 3 Versions of Tiger Kick (DP+K) are punishable on block

Leona Heidern

•You want to fight her Mid/Close Range so she doesn't use V-Slasher as much as she like to

-If you're gonna zone her out, zone her correctly or else you'll going to eat V-Slasher on a counter hit if you're throw out a fire ball.

•Her Standing CD puts her on plus when you block it (?)

•She has to burn a meter for a Full/Mid Screen HD Combo so keep this in mind as she has full HD with or without meter

-You can take advantage of this when she doesn't have 1 meter to pressure her

-If she does have one meter, pressure her to make her use it for EX Moves or Guard Cancel Blowback or Guard Cancel Roll.

•Her Close Standing D have lower body invisibility.

-This is similar to Kim's Far Standing D so you have to poke her with Crouching A

•Raw Overhead (Forward+B) can be interrupt on reaction by DP/Standing C/Super

-If you get hit by this, it's a hard knockdown

•Standing C moves her forward so you can Down+B to stop her from moving in

•Standing C into Forward+B into A Version of X-Calibur is punishable if you run fast enough after blocking the X-Calibur

-C Version of X-Calibur will MISS Mid Screen ONLY and FREE punish if you're fast on reaction but if not then she'll do a normal throw.

-C Version of X-Calibur is safe on block if you're crouching

-C Version of X-Calibur is NOT safe on block if you're standing and Punish with Down+B

-EX X-Calibur can be avoid if you block then Guard Cancel Roll forward to punish her

All 3 Versions of her Moon Slash (Charge Down to Up+P) is punishable

•Her EX & D Version of her Grand Saber (Charge Back to Forward+K) is safe on block but you can just DP/Super to interrupt it

-Her B Version is not safe tho

-Only EX Version can go through Fire Balls

•All 3 Versions of her Baltic Launcher (Charge Back to Forward+P) is safe on block

-KULA: Freezing Execution or EX Diamond Dust will beat it but Counter will NOT beat it

-KULA: Her Slide (Requires Spacing) can beat it by going under it.

-KYO: EX Orochinagi will beat it clean

-K Dash: Regular or EX Chain Chain will beat it

-DP/EX DP will get her but it's spacing dependent. If you're close you'll get her, if you're just barely out of the ball hitbox, don't try it.

-Don't waste a meter for a Guard Cancel Roll to punish

-If you're blocking this low, a good chance that she'll go for an overhead so just block high right away

-If you have a quick move like EX Orochinagi you can super before the overhead hits you

-DO NOT GUARD CANCEL BLOWBACK THIS! You will miss her because of the pushback of the Orb and she can just do Far Standing C into HD Combo for 60% to DEATH!

•If she does the Baltic Launcher (Any Versions) as you're block, just block low so she'll go for an overhead, in between time of the Orb & Overhead, there's enough time to interrupt her overhead on counter hit or you can just block up

-If you have a quick invisibility moves like EX Orochinagi, use it

•Her Earring Bombs can be DP through or duck under it.

-Both Earring Bombs have the different startup speed but EX Earring Bomb recovers & startup faster.

-B Version of the Earring Bomb goes 50% of the screen then it bounces

-D Version of the Earring Bomb goes almost full screen

-EX Version of the Earring Bomb goes 50% of the screen then it bounces

•If she's just throwing Earring Bombs, do NOT jump! She wants you to jump to eat a Moon Slash/Super

-Instead just walk forward and block. If you have a move that reaches far you can just interrupt her to stop her.

-Spend a meter if you have to.

-Sometimes she'll go for Grand Saber, with good timing you can DP through both the bomb & the attack (This is Characters & Spacing Dependent)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:53:17 AM by DJMirror949 »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 01:27:31 AM »
Thanks for your contribution. I will probably mess around in training mode and test some of that myself and let you know if it works or not. If things are good and if Reiki approves, then he will add it to the character match up section.

If you have anymore findings, please share them.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 01:30:34 AM »
I have about notes about this for my characters only tho (Which it's just K/Kula/Kyo) Please ask Kane317 about it for other characters like Chin/Shen/Clark etc