King of Fighters XIII > Kula Diamond

Kula wiki building thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

JennyCage:

Here's the 100%.  Let me know how you feel about it being included.

I main Kim and claw Iori as well, but I think those pages are already taken care of.  When I'm done with Kula I'll see if there's anything I could add to those (probably just combos if they're not up already).  I can also play K', Beni and Vice, but I don't consider myself super competent about their ins and outs.

desmond_kof:
You can put it in the video section (as just a link not embed). I'm not sure how practical those combos are in a real match compared to this video: but you can add it if you like.

EDIT: If you can help with Kim and Iori on some damage testing for their combos, that would be great.

DJMirror949:
Hi, I tested this stuff several times and I still wanna be sure so I'm wondering if someone can test these out before it becomes legit on the wiki. Of course some of these things can't be punished with certain blockstrings or certain spacings

I'll put an example and please let me know what do you guys think

Duo Lon

•His Genmu Kyaku (Forward+B) homes in on you so you have to keep moving so just run forward to avoid it

•His Air Genmu Kyaku (Jumping Forward+B) can be beaten by DP or you can trade it with Down+C or go air to air with Jumping B or Jumping C

-Air Genmu Kyaku is also an overhead as well

•If you get knockdown and Duo Lon running and does his Standing CD on your wakeup, just block the opposite way or roll back

-KULA: You can input forward then QCF+AC because if he does the Standing CD side changing, you'll get EX Krow Bite or EX Counter Shell

-If he does it while you're in the corner, he'll ALWAYS be in front of you

•A Version of the Juon Shikon (QCB+A) is safe on block but EX & C Versions are not

-If they're doing a blockstring ending with EX Juon Shikon, just Guard Cancel Roll through it

-If you hit him as the Juon Shikon is out, it'll disappear

-If you attempt to jump over the Juon Shikon, you'll eat a Standing C, Down+C etc depending where both the characters are

-You can use Counter Shell or Ray Spin to counter this

•All 3 Versions & all 3 HITS of his Suteki Juryu (QCF+P) are punishable on block but they all lead to Hike Kyaku Zen (Teleport Forward) ONLY!

-If he does two Down+A into Suteki Juryu & stop on the second hit of it, you can do Standing B into DP or Standing B into EX Ray Spin

-If you're in the corner as he's doing his Suteki Juryu and then teleport, he'll ALWAYS be in front of you

-If he does B version of Hike Kyaku Zen after the THIRD hit of the Suteki Juryu, you can use Guard Cancel Roll Back and you'll end right in front of him to pressure/punish him

-KULA: EX Ray Spin just right after he teleport but Freezing Execution will NOT get him

-If it's a D version of the Hike Kyaku Zen after the Suteki Juryu, Guard Cancel Roll will not help!

-KULA: EX DP or Freezing Execution (The timing for Super is really hard)

•His B & EX Version of Hike Kyaku Zen goes the SAME Distance while D Version of Hike Kyaku Zen goes 70% of the screen

-This also applies ONLY a certain degree/spacing to Hike Kyaku Ushiro (QCB+K) (Teleport Back)

desmond_kof:
This is regarding fighting against EX Iori: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kula_Diamond_%28XIII%29#Character_Matchups

"Because his BnB combos end with hard knockdowns he'll have a free setup for his command crossup.  '''Do not roll this on wakeup'''.  Iori's run speed is fast enough to punish you if you attempt to roll his crossup on wakeup, so block it every time. "

I'm not sure if I agree with this strategy. I think rolling his taco (if they are jumping) after a knockdown is a safe way to escape and eliminates the guess work of trying to block it. Plus, does Iori really have enough time to catch someone rolling if his taco misses? I might have to test that out, but I've always found just rolling is good enough, I haven't gotten punished (yet) from doing that, haha.

JennyCage:

--- Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on October 18, 2012, 03:14:16 PM ---I'm not sure if I agree with this strategy. I think rolling his taco (if they are jumping) after a knockdown is a safe way to escape and eliminates the guess work of trying to block it. Plus, does Iori really have enough time to catch someone rolling if his taco misses? I might have to test that out, but I've always found just rolling is good enough, I haven't gotten punished (yet) from doing that, haha.

--- End quote ---

He definitely can punish a roll attempt if he runs instantly when landing and cl.C's.  Should I rephrase to advise against it if he does, instead of just saying don't do it at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version