Author Topic: Raiden wiki building thread  (Read 6802 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Raiden wiki building thread
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:35 AM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Raiden_(XIII)

Submissions, questions, comments and feedback should be posted here.

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden wiki building thread
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »

There is a lot of false information regarding his Poison Mist move.

The C version Poison Mist does not knock down any more but gives a huge amount of frame advantage on hit.  Enough to link a cr.C afterwards.

EX Poison mist only does 1-hit and causes a crumple stun on hit.  The wiki also says that you can link EX Super Raiden Drop after EX Poison Mist which is false.  You cant grab the opponent after EX Poison Mist in general.

The combos to/from section needs to be reworded.  The wording is very confusing.

For the EX dp grab the wiki states that it combos into EX Tackle.  It should says that it can combo FROM EX Tackle.

For the tackle section The dmg on EX Tackle should be 70+95 instead of 70+100

Any mention of being able to do a SDK after a GCCD should be either removed or contain a notification stating that it only works in arcade version and not console version.

The start-up and recovery for Raiden's NeoMax is pretty bad.

Also the combo section needs updating.

formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »

There is a lot of false information regarding his Poison Mist move.

The C version Poison Mist does not knock down any more but gives a huge amount of frame advantage on hit.  Enough to link a cr.C afterwards.

EX Poison mist only does 1-hit and causes a crumple stun on hit.  The wiki also says that you can link EX Super Raiden Drop after EX Poison Mist which is false.  You cant grab the opponent after EX Poison Mist in general.

The combos to/from section needs to be reworded.  The wording is very confusing.

For the EX dp grab the wiki states that it combos into EX Tackle.  It should says that it can combo FROM EX Tackle.

For the tackle section The dmg on EX Tackle should be 70+95 instead of 70+100

Any mention of being able to do a SDK after a GCCD should be either removed or contain a notification stating that it only works in arcade version and not console version.

The start-up and recovery for Raiden's NeoMax is pretty bad.

Also the combo section needs updating.

Okay, thanks for pointing all of that out!

Can you copy and paste any information from his page directly that needs updating or correcting, with your submission under it for we can replace it?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
Poison Mist = (qcb+P) - Raiden quickly breaths in and then spits out a green gaseous cloud hitting the opponent in the face. The A version does not knock down. It also comes out and goes away fairly at a rather fast speed, and recovers pretty quickly so keep your guard when the move is done. Combos from strong normals but best used after EX tackle in the corner. The C version has a slightly slower start-up but it, of course, stays out longer and knocks the opponent down on contact. If you do use it from a strong normal you may land a counter hit because your opponent might try to retaliate and hit you thinking you'll recover at a slower speed. Overall this version of the move will end up being your zoning tool of choice, preferably used to keep the opponent at bay when you're charging dropkicks to mow them over with later on. It doesn't combo from much of anything but it's a zoning tool.

NEW:  Raiden spits out a cloud of green gas.  Can cancel out projectiles.  A version comes out fast and can combo from strong normals.  On hit it gives Raiden enough frame advantage to link a hcf+B/D or Super Grab but on block is slightly punishable by fast normals and moves.  C version has slower start-up so it can't combo from strong normals but grants much greater frame advantage on hit and block.  On hit you can link a cr.C into w/e for a combo.  The A version Mist is good to use against fireballs cause of it's fast start up.

The EX version grants a crumple stun on hit and can combo off of strong normals like the A version.  The only that will combo after are either fast normals or A/EX tackle version tackle. Only -2 on block so it's pretty safe.  
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »
Thanks, I added it to his page. Keep 'em coming.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 01:12:31 PM »
Guys I also picked up Raiden... WOW this guy is a monster... I didn't play him till now cause I playon a pad and it's hard charging DKs... but I practiced and figured out how to charge DKs on pad... Soo I read his wiki and seems like his wiki hasn't been touched since arcade version... I'll look into it more and update w/e I can find... Also I got more combos with him that I'll post up...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »
Yeah, no one has really put in any time on his wiki but a few corrections have been made thanks to xZEPPELIx, but if you wanna take a stab at it, go ahead.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
He fried my brain... I don't think I've had this much fun with any other character in practice yet... I had to declare him broken...  haha...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »
Yeah, no one has really put in any time on his wiki but a few corrections have been made thanks to xZEPPELIx, but if you wanna take a stab at it, go ahead.

I might give it a stab eventually.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 01:05:01 AM »
Hey guys, do meaty specials gain additional frame advantage?

After a forward throw in the corner for example: if Raiden were to do a C mist and have it connect on it's later active frame, would he be at a bigger frame advantage than if it were to connect on the first one?

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 01:54:34 AM »
Indeed they do.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »
I've been working on Raiden's b&bs depending on position, meter and charge time on dropkicks... I'm still working on B dropkick section... Here are the D dropkick charge combos... (there are more D dropkick combos that I'll update soon)

(no charge required, works from starting position) (1 meter + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge D), cr.B, cr.A, d/b~f+AC, DC, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 D SDK, dp+A = 483 dmg

(lvl1 D SDK required, works from starting position) (1 meter + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl1 D SDK, DC, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 540 dmg

(lvl1 D SDK required, works from full screen) (2 meters + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl1 D SDK, DC, d/b~f+A, *little delay* d/b~f+AC, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 585 dmg

(lvl2 D SDK required, works from half screen) (1 meter + 0 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl2 D SDK, d/b~f+A, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 534 dmg

(lvl2 D SDK required, works from half screen) (1meter + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl2 D SDK (charge D), d/b~f+A, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, DC, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 663 dmg

(lvl2 D SDK required, works from full screen) (2meters + 0 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl2 D SDK (charge D), *little delay*d/b~f+AC, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, dp+A = 593 dmg

(lvl2 D SDK required, works from full screen) (2meters + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, lvl2 D SDK (charge D), *little delay*d/b~f+AC, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, DC, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 D SDK, dp+A = 708 dmg

(lvl3/4 D SDK required, works from full screen) (2 meters + 1 drive)
cr.B (charge B), cr.A, d/b~f+AC, far C, lvl4 D SDK (charge D), d/b~f+AC, *little delay* lvl1 B SDK, DC, qcb+C, d/b~f+A, lvl1 D SDK, dp+A = 808 dmg
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:18:12 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
Hey guys, do meaty specials gain additional frame advantage?

After a forward throw in the corner for example: if Raiden were to do a C mist and have it connect on it's later active frame, would he be at a bigger frame advantage than if it were to connect on the first one?

Yeah by example, there is a setup where you cna link s.B with kyo after a close C which is +2 on hit normally.

Could it be worth to mention that raiden ready go is throwable in his charge animation quite easily with a good command throw?
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo