Author Topic: Vice (Arcade Version)  (Read 47076 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: Vice
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »
It was against John, IIRC
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 08:02:34 PM »
Doesn't matter who it was done on, but when I saw it happen it was against Metaphysics

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong l2slythe, you pulled this following combo off last night:

-(anti-air) s.A, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, Ex qcb P, s.D, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, HD --> continue

ho ho you were paying attention? yes thats what i did.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong l2slythe, you pulled this following combo off last night:

-(anti-air) s.A, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, Ex qcb P, s.D, Ex hcf K, s.D, f.A, HD --> continue

ho ho you were paying attention? yes thats what i did.

No he wasn't Duc and I told him.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Twinsen

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2010, 01:01:35 AM »
Cool combo, how is the scaling? worth going into HD mode?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »

Dunno. He died too quickly and we were kind still awestruck

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2010, 02:37:06 AM »

It did about 48%+ before i popped HD. I'm not sure if its worth going into HD mode... but it's another option.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

krazykone123

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »
Any Vice XIII players still here? how have you guys been dealing with corner pressure? from the looks of it she lacks a good anti-air (her old cr.C is gone) and it seems like the only way she can get out of the corner is to use EX Tackle or EX Splash.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
From playing against her, it seems like her Ex Tackle is still her best option (and it's a damn good one too), s.A works well against anti-air and we know what she can do after that if she has stocks.  Finally, dashing and command throw still works well.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:49 PM »
i'd be careful about using EX tackle. i used to do it a lot (when people weren't used to seeing vice), until i realized how much startup it has. sure it has a lot of invincible frames, but unless the opponent high jumps at you, you're not going to get clean hits off of it. you'll notice that it has a whole lot of startup frames. though invincible during that time, it's practically blockable on reaction. like i mentioned though, it's good against high jumps, but probably not hops. it also costs 1 meter for EX tackle, so the universal GCCD/GCR are probably safer to use even though you don't get combo opportunities like you would with the tackle.

like Kane mentioned, her s.A is great against hops and her far s.D (the leg swing, not the knee which is close s.D) is great against almost any other type of jump-in. if you predict a high jump, a j.B air-to-air works pretty well into EX arm when you land.

also, like Kane suggested, command throw is your friend when it comes to punishing moves you normally feel like you couldn't punish on block.

as a last resort, if you have the meter (and want to be a dick lol), you can use her neomax to punish jumps, whiffs, stagger pressure, or basically anytime the opponent hits a button. it does a good deal of damage for relatively no effort. keep in mind that you probably won't have meter after this option lol
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:49:17 PM by FataCon »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 11:52:35 PM »
i'd be careful about using EX tackle. i used to do it a lot (when people weren't used to seeing vice), until i realized how much startup it has. sure it has a lot of invincible frames, but unless the opponent high jumps at you, you're not going to get clean hits off of it. you'll notice that it has a whole lot of startup frames. though invincible during that time, it's practically blockable on reaction.

I remember trying to d.B you on get up or other mixups and I keep eating the Ex Tackle, so I conditioned myself not to be next to Vice when she's getting up lol (coz she can still command throw).

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »
can vice EX Decide after a GCCD, if so I think it would be worth while for the 2 stocks, not quite as good as raiden GCCD but good none the less.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
can vice EX Decide after a GCCD, if so I think it would be worth while for the 2 stocks, not quite as good as raiden GCCD but good none the less.

Never saw it being done but that's an excellent question. Technically speaking, it IS an anywhere-juggle. It all depends on her recovery frames of her GCCD.

---
A great display of how deadly Vice can get.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 06:39:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure I've tested this before and that it doesn't work. Just like her regular CD attack, her GCCD attack has horrendous recovery on hit or block. I'm also under the impression that you can't special/super cancel GCCD's?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've tested this before and that it doesn't work. Just like her regular CD attack, her GCCD attack has horrendous recovery on hit or block. I'm also under the impression that you can't special/super cancel GCCD's?

You cannot cancel a GCCD, Raiden's case is unique because (he's Raiden damnit) his dropkicks are fast enough, which I'm assuming is what the question was alluding to.