Author Topic: What if KOF XIII had the option of having repeat character select like 2k2UM?  (Read 3097 times)

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Would you allow it in tournaments? Of course there is a rule that you can't repeat the same character it is only used if you want to enable using a Regular and EX character in one team. Something like:

Ryo/Ryo/Robert won't be allowed but Claw Iori/Flame Iori/any Non Iori character is allowed. This is like a Yes or No poll discussion. I go with Yes.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
As far as I know, in 2002um you can't select Robert and Ex Robert

At least the xbla edition

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I'd go with a no. Not out of fairness, but I do like how the game, in that sense, forces multiple forms of playing. People might complain about Flame Iori and Mr. Karate at tournaments, but we'll see how that goes next year.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
@sibarraz The PS2 version can do it when you unlock Nightmare Geese aka finishing all the Hard Trials or failing them 300 times.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I'd go with a no. Not out of fairness, but I do like how the game, in that sense, forces multiple forms of playing. People might complain about Flame Iori and Mr. Karate at tournaments, but we'll see how that goes next year.

I dont understand what you're talking about.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

I dont understand what you're talking about.

I'll rephrase. If I were running a tournament, I wouldn't allow it, even if it was possible. Seeing the two forms of Kyo or Iori right now wouldn't be over-powered, but it would make people pick other fighters. I'd do this because of all the complaints of seeing so many, too many Kyos and Ioris online and at ranbats too. Not sure how far they'd get, but I imagine now you might see a lot of teams with 2 Kyos and a Flame Iori, or both Ioris and XIII Kyo. I think the more characters used, even if they're shoto-like, the better. The more people play with different characters, the better the game might look from a spectators perspective, and the better the players get to know the game.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
i'd go with a no.
but i could really care less since they are technically different characters. 
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
This reminds me of the console version of CvS2, where you could play as Wild Iori and Evil Ryu. Since they were both different characters, I used to choose both Iori's, which kinda pissed off one of my friends since he hated fighting Iori. But as far as XIII goes, I would love being able to choose both Claw and Flame Iori, so I say yes.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
no version of kof has that feature