Author Topic: Good and Bad Ralf match ups  (Read 10602 times)

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
Re: Good and Bad Ralf match ups
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:37 AM »
^^^
well K' is tough coz after you have to block his fireball (in the right distance) he gets a free jump-in, and all his buttons are Leagues faster than Ralf's, especially in the air. And frametrapping that fucker has been reeeally hard so far coz of his c.B
there's also stuff like his small ass hitbox making jumping/hoping in on him even harder (was already hard coz of his DP and s.A).

as for Robert, he's a pain coz of his fireball mostly (being high enough to stop hops) and his amazing DP that beats everything. he can zone Ralf out very easy and it gets really annoying ~_~
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

foger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »
I play the k' matchup a lot, and ralf gets a lot of mileage out of far C. Especially if they aren't jumping in with CD. You don't want to be anywhere near him where his normals/fireball is effective. His close range blocked fireball > c.B frame trap tears ralf apart. Most of the damage I get is from s.C or s.D - outpoke the shit out of him, and try to bait out dp's as much as possible.

Cliffs: stay at the tip of s.C/D range and press buttons to preemptively stop hop pressure untill he starts j.CDing. Ex burning hammer can help relieve pressure, but dont abuse it; you need meter to kill him off as quick as possible before he overwhelms you, since you're not going to get a lot of openings. Don't try to engage at close range if at all possible

TrulyAmiracle

• New Challenger
  • The Eternal Blaze~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
alright noted.

what about hop happy Kyo/Iori? that jumping d+C is ripping me apart lately, especially that it crosses up in a very funky way. same with iori and his j.C/j.b+B.

Idk how to get people hopping all day off of me with Ralf it seems, his jab goes fuckin nowhere and hammer is usually too slow, I've had some success with the C explosion but thats just preemptive stuff u cant do it on reaction or anything like that.
Winning is Everything. How you do it doesn't matter...

PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle

Angel|Mian|Meitenkun|Ralf|Geese|Ramon|Vice

foger

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
alright noted.

what about hop happy Kyo/Iori? that jumping d+C is ripping me apart lately, especially that it crosses up in a very funky way. same with iori and his j.C/j.b+B.

Idk how to get people hopping all day off of me with Ralf it seems, his jab goes fuckin nowhere and hammer is usually too slow, I've had some success with the C explosion but thats just preemptive stuff u cant do it on reaction or anything like that.
basically with ralf you need to constantly be adjusting your spacing. characters like k', iori and kyo all have pretty great DPs(iori needs meter though) so you can't stop their pressure by applying your own relentlessly. you get a lot of mobility options in kof13, so you really just need to stay at a safe distance. easier said than done, of course - but its essential. if you're locked in a close range situations with these kinds of characters, you're going to get eaten alive. the best way to stop hop pressure is s.A, its quick and it will at least give you some breathing room

RobocopTwo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:34 AM »
The only problem with that being (at least in K's case) you really don't want to be hit with a j.CD seeing as he has a couple of juggle anywhere moves. Also if you have blocked a j.CD from any of those characters you really don't want to be pressing buttons against a hop because you are in serious amounts of block stun, better to guard and CD counter them away. Also in the case of Iori and Kyo, because they have moves that hit from behind you need to confirm that they are indeed hoping and not jumping so you need to delay that st.A a little. If you don't delay the st.A they may well just jump over your head instead of hoping in to you and hit you with j.d+C (for Kyo) or j.b+B(is that the right notation for Iori's back kick? Or is it b+BD?) either way, once they get in CD counter is your friend for so many reasons it's not funny.

If you do run out of meter stay very mobile so they can't pin you down.

Dyo Kusanagi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »
My problem is I am having a difficult time shutting down my cousin's Ralf, consistently, :'( ! My cousin uses Ralf's Jump D as an instant overhead and it seems to have ridiculous priority! For instance, I'll be in the air, sometimes clearly above his Ralf, and he'll jump and his Jump D will usually stuff whatever I threw out, even if it was executed before his Jump D! Also, Ralf seems to recover quickly from his Gatling charge attack even when I'm using Clark and react with my Gatling attack, yet he is able to block mine and counter with another Gatling attack and then drive cancel into another special and then super cancel for tons of damage, 

My staple characters always include Leona in the line up, usually as anchor, and I usually take his Ralf out(he usually places Ralf second on his team)however, he usually gets to my Leona and one mistake means less health to deal with his anchor, which happens to be "Mr. Karate" of all characters! He's insane in itself, but I can handle his Mr. Karate, just have to be patient, but Ralf, I'm really having trouble getting around his short hop Jump D's(and just Jump D's, period)and the recovery on some of his moves! And his poking game can be troubling, and WTH is up with his priority?!

Ugh, any help would be appreciated and I apologize again if I posted this in the wrong thread,

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 07:17:05 PM »
Lol... If ralf does gatling you can punish him on block with a full combo... Specially clark can command grab punish him easily... Hop D is an instant overhead so u just have to stuff it before it comes out or block it...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Dyo Kusanagi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
Lol... If ralf does gatling you can punish him on block with a full combo... Specially clark can command grab punish him easily... Hop D is an instant overhead so u just have to stuff it before it comes out or block it...

LOL, that was actually how I reacted in that split-second! I figured, I have the same move and I'm all charged, so this'll hit and I can Super Cancel into his EX Super! But, alas, he was able to block my Gatling Attack, much to my suprise and I was punished, severly, lol!

And the problem with the Jump D is that he mixes up the short hop D with low normals, so I'm constantly blocking high and low and end up getting it by one or the other! I just have to learn which normal I can use to stuff his Jump D, early!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:41 AM »

LOL, that was actually how I reacted in that split-second! I figured, I have the same move and I'm all charged, so this'll hit and I can Super Cancel into his EX Super! But, alas, he was able to block my Gatling Attack, much to my suprise and I was punished, severly, lol!

And the problem with the Jump D is that he mixes up the short hop D with low normals, so I'm constantly blocking high and low and end up getting it by one or the other! I just have to learn which normal I can use to stuff his Jump D, early!

if using leona and ur goin air 2 air with him then u should use j.B since its straight ahead but if ur on the ground and he throws out j.D early u should b able 2 grab

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
No you can do j.D or c.D mix-up from outside of any grab range... Its awesome... you can even do cr.D, qcf+C and frame trap with cr.D or j.D... Also j.D then j.C+D, air qcf+A... If you score a KD then you safe jump j.C+D by itself... If they block it, then you get a true block string mix-up of cr.B/D or j.D...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:29:22 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »
wait this is a ralf thread y r we talkin bout leona

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
Haha... I'm talking about Ralf... All those can be done anywhere but in the corner they are easy to setup...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »
I am glad that j. CD to J.qcf A is a block string it makes applying air pressure much easyer but i do wish he can do j.D into j.qcf A but i guess that would have been to good for him. using j.A aint all that bad tho

i didnt kno u can do j.D after qcf.C (when blocked) that a block string??? do it connect if ur at max range with cr.D