Author Topic: Buffs and Nerfs thread  (Read 15053 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Buffs and Nerfs thread
« on: December 28, 2011, 03:59:52 AM »
Maybe we can sticky this? Just a suggestion. I just hope this doesn't become a 'I hate this matchup and so and so character should be buffed to counter so and so' because threads like that tend to snowball into something else.

So what characters do you guys think require buffs and nerfs?

I've heard a few rumblings that Billy may be broken but I'm going to have to disagree. I think his pokes can be a problem for some of the cast, but he often can't link into something big (Hyper Drive or Upkicks corner combo) unless he's almost right next to you. His corner combos are good but require at least 3-4 bars (without going into Hyper Drive) to do about 600-700 damage, and those combos are hard to do so it's not like Joey from down the street can come over and pick him and wreck shit. Him doing about 400-500 damage with 2 bars and 1-2 DC is about on par with most of the cast.

So I think that's the elephant in the room. Feel free to disagree though.

Terry. He's good, but not good enough. Only changes I would suggest: Regular Power Gyser comes out faster, for an AA super it's too slow for it's own good. Have his Neomax do full damage in corner. And I think he should be able to link Crack Shoot and Burn Knuckle off of Toward A.

Ryo. Just more damage. Very unlikely that SNKP would go to the trouble of animating his jumping karate chop -which is something he really needs - but to make up for that I would suggest a slight damage boost. His use of Parries makes him radically unique like Clark in that he has a mechanic that no other character has. But there's not much he can do without tapping into EX Super. Otherwise he'll be doing 200 damage on average, not much of a threat. Also, if they could adjust the input for his Zanretsuken, I don't know if it's just me but I can rarely get that move out and instead I often get his projectile super out.

I can't think of any terribly broken characters and I don't main Leona so I can't give much input for her. She seems to occupy a niche and does okay.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Buffs and Nerfs thread
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:51 AM »
I think they should revert her nerfs while keeping her buffs don't think she needed them nerfs she got in console <.<

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:33:41 AM »
Nice idea for a thread Louis.

Terry:
I'm thinking that he could use a bit more too. I like the buff ideas above. I wouldn't mind it if his crackshoot was more along the lines of MOTW where it's normally an overhead. Of course we'd have to slow it down a bit so that it wouldn't be ridiculous. And for an EX maybe have it bound the opponent. Feel like he needs something more to help break down guard.

Ryo:
Have been wanting his raijinsetsu (jump chop) ever since XII came out. I consider it a core Ryo special that plays a vital role - esp vs fb'ers (also knocking the opponent down will give him more oki opps). His damage output I would argue is pretty decent, problem is he doesn't get enough opportunity and his mid-screen game sucks. Mid-screen, he's essentially got his fb and that's it - severely punishable at times as the opponent can expect it. Also, could use more range on his normal chop... <I think this stuff's within reason, don't have to give him his cmd throw he had in some early KOF's that would make him too much like Robert. They did also ignore that fact that he had a cmd air crossup in the AoF series when they gave that to Robert as well. I would like air fireballs like in AoF, but now that clashes w/yuri..

Joe:
I really need him to have a normal with some range, every standing/crouching attack is really sorry in this sense. Wish he had his far D that he had before - I keep hitting D and whiffing from years of playing him previously. Faster jumps. <This is all I ask for Joe buffs, but wouldn't mind if he had more tools for carrying opponents to the corner.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Maxima - Bring back Bunker Buster.

/thread

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Was Bunker Buster his Grab Super?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:14:34 PM »
Nice Running, Bunker Buster fits in well with his current style and would be the obvious super to give him back.

It's that one where he blasts up off the screen juggling the opponent then blasts down onto them.

Really miss that move.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm on the bandwagon of the karate chop

Waifu Material

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:18 AM »
ralf: he needs his uppercut back along with his  ;dn ;up charge (i find that to be a better anti air option then his  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c). to me his uppercut can give him more openings also it should be a hard knock down to set up his galacita phantom. and i think i may rather have his phantom as a special move then a super.

kim: i would say give back his rekkas but he is able to do much more with the tools he already has but if his rekkas came back then his EXs (all of them) would need to be nerfed

only namin a few

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 12:34:57 AM »
Kim I think should get Ryusei Raku back, and he should totally take from Jae Hoon's movelist like he did in MI2, and get his Shakka Shuu.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 03:31:42 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to get Kim some additional moves too. Not saying he's too weak necessarily, but I think he becomes boring after a while. He could use some variety in his gameplay.

Rekkas - sure
Ryuseiraku - sure
Jae Hoon's counter move (Yakuka Kasane)?? would be great if he could counter then cancel into ff+A or something

How about that short ranged stomp attack (hakikyaku I think) that he had, which was useful for comboing into hookyaku. This would be a good one for drive cancelling and attacking low and comboing off of wk attacks (and would be safe without being too strong like hienzan). Heck could even allow it to ground punish as I think only two chrs in the game can do this (EX Iori/EX Kyo - sort of).

Anyways he's never been boring to play in other kofs, but to me his gameplay feels a little lackluster and one-dimensional in this one.

buffs wanted!

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 04:03:14 AM »
Terry: Now says ARE YOU OKAY!?!?!? at the start of his buster wolf.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 04:04:32 AM »
Terry: Now says ARE YOU OKAY!?!?!? at the start of his buster wolf.

This, only buff needed in the game.  Automatically becomes God Tier as the opponent is too moved to tears.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 05:07:41 AM »
I agree that Terry's Crackshoot needs to be an overhead. The EX Crackshoot is pretty worthless. I don't know what you could do to make it worthwhile though.

For Kim, I'd love to see the return of his Down, Down, Kick special (forget the name of it) and it would give him some solid pressure. Otherwise I think his EX Hangetsuzan should go through projectiles. It would help him out quite a bit I think.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 05:11:46 AM »
The thing is, Crack Shoot is only viable as it is now.  If it's an OH, it might be too annoying.  And if you slow it down, it's as worthless as it was in Garou and...well, pretty much every game before now, especially since people will see it coming all day and will just dodge it for free.

Want a Crack Shoot buff?  Just make it so it connects with everyone crouching even if they're mashing c.B.  That's it, nothing else.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:13 AM »
I agree that Terry's Crackshoot needs to be an overhead. The EX Crackshoot is pretty worthless. I don't know what you could do to make it worthwhile though.

For Kim, I'd love to see the return of his Down, Down, Kick special (forget the name of it) and it would give him some solid pressure. Otherwise I think his EX Hangetsuzan should go through projectiles. It would help him out quite a bit I think.

EX Crackshoot could be a ground bound on hit.

Yeah that was what I was getting at above (although I described it sorrily), think the move is hakikyaku.

@saitsu, yeah being able to properly balance crackshoot would be tough with the route louis and I are talking about, but would be nice if that could be pulled off.