Author Topic: Buffs and Nerfs thread  (Read 15059 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Buffs and Nerfs thread
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 05:24:28 AM »
Yeah, it's like, I want Crack Shoot for pressure and guard breaking.  If it whiffs, that don't help me.  If it at least connects on everyone when they're in front of me, then that gets rid of one of its biggest weaknesses, because half the people you never have to worry about it not connecting on...have a 1 Frame CG to nail you with.

Also, at this point in the game, almost everyone is conditioned to block Terry high.  Making Crack Shoot an OH won't do a damn thing.  If EX Crack Shoot isn't worth crap as a quick OH that does a Hard KD, exactly how will anything less than that be any good?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »
Kim could also get a command special like Jae Hoon's hop back forward rising kick move, that thing is pretty sweet, on top of being kara cancelable.

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 03:00:43 AM »
Goro's NEOMAX should be OHKO
EX Roll should go full screen
EX Grab Super should have extra range, at least half screen

formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 11:19:28 AM »
Andy
(it's not about him bieng weak or strong..it's about enjoying playing him..)
am okay with nerfing some of his moves (especially his n-max)
but SNK...plz give him new moves or give him back his air qcf+k and his unblockable (hcf+p)
it's just that i feel he is IMHO boring  in 13 unlike 2002um

Ryo
 ;fd ;bk ;fd + ;a longer hit box + auto guard in the start up
the  ;c ver  can be used  in air juggles also with longer hit box
...E.G 
opp on wall..qcf+a.dp+c fbf+c

shen
qcb+c build meter in whiff .
 give him back his qcf+BO (from kof 11).

nax

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »
most people dont even play terry correctly.

terry does not need buffs.  and you shouldn't be using crackshoot outside of blockstun so that they CAN mash cr B anyways. and you don't even use crackshoot for the guard break because people can grab you after blocking it.

crackshoot certainly doesnt need to overhead.

the only possible buff terry needs is Are you okay?! back.

umgogo

• New Challenger
  • 時にはジェラシー
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:19 AM »
I want a KOF XI: Ultimate Match without the massive cuts in the movelist, but I'll keep it realistic:

Duo Lon
Either let him cancel into HD mode from his f+A (since it behaves like a command attack in most other respects) or give him another command attack to do so from.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:30:53 AM by umgogo »
宿命を負いし想い出の守り男

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »
I want a KOF XI: Ultimate Match without the massive cuts in the movelist, but I'll keep it realistic:

Duo Lon
Either let him cancel into HD mode from his f+A (since it behaves like a command attack in most other respects) or give him another command attack to do so from.
Doesn't need that at all, just confirm from St. C or Cr.bx2.

umgogo

• New Challenger
  • 時にはジェラシー
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 02:55:05 AM »
^^^
I am aware that that is the standard method, but I find it hard to get down consistently (and it also looks less fluid). Cancelling into HD from f+A would still require fairly close range, so it would not break him.

On that note, Robert doesn't need crouching B, crouching A, f+B, f+A (three days to hit confirm...), but it is still a nice "crutch" to have and one of the reasons I play him. Poor execution player here. ^_^
宿命を負いし想い出の守り男

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 06:58:30 AM »
most people dont even play terry correctly.

terry does not need buffs.  and you shouldn't be using crackshoot outside of blockstun so that they CAN mash cr B anyways. and you don't even use crackshoot for the guard break because people can grab you after blocking it.

crackshoot certainly doesnt need to overhead.

the only possible buff terry needs is Are you okay?! back.

Then how do you propose one use Terry? The only other thing he can do is walk in or short hop. Anyone smart knows Terry has bad matchups against half the cast, so just zone him, keep him out. K' just rapes Terry in that regard. Terry just cannot do anything in that matchup or the Ash matchup.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
Also, if someone does D crackshoot and you blocked low and you tried to grab them, you'd probably beat them before they do anything that isn't a command throw.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »
D Crack Shoot isn't safe on block. If you're unsure if something is safe go into training and set the dummy to 1 guard jump. If you do a move, hold up after doing it. If you and the dummy jump at about the same time that means the move is 99% safe. If you jump a little after the dummy it means it's very unsafe. Online is another story.

B Crack Shoot is safe except against any character with a command grab.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 11:23:49 PM »
D Crack Shoot isn't safe on block. If you're unsure if something is safe go into training and set the dummy to 1 guard jump. If you do a move, hold up after doing it. If you and the dummy jump at about the same time that means the move is 99% safe. If you jump a little after the dummy it means it's very unsafe. Online is another story.

B Crack Shoot is safe except against any character with a command grab.
'

Louis...you do realize that Reiki knows Terry's Frame Data VERY well do you not?

He said WHILE CROUCHING.  D Crack Shoot against Crouchers is +1.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 11:58:44 PM »
My bad.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 12:02:19 AM »
It's no biggy. I'm not winning any tournaments so most people don't pay me any attention, but it's a frame trap for Terry most people don't think about. You shouldn't do it all the time like I do, mix it in so nobody gets used to it, but you can set up someone for a guard crush if they're too scared to do anything.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 08:01:56 AM »
Probably too early to say but I'll throw it out there:

I think Hwai Jai might need nerfs. It's a little retarded how much damage he does off of two drive cancels in the corner. I'm not an execution god and I'm just now getting good at doing some of Billy's corner combos. But I can do some really easy corner combos with Hwai with just 2 drive cancels off of a jump in and that's easy 500 damage without even using meter.

Billy needs at least 2-3 bars to do that in the corner. Clark needs 2 bars and 1 DC to do 450-500 damage. If Hwai has 1-2 bars after that, we're talking 600-700 damage in the corner. Holy shit.

Now that I think I've inspired at least a few people to try out Hwai ;) I wonder what you guys think of nerfing the corner damage he can do? My problem is how much damage that does and how easy it is to do. Keep in perspective that I take about an hour a day to practice, and yesterday I tried getting a little serious with Hwai. And tonight I messed around again and in under 5 minutes I can pull off that kinda' damage. Put a character like that with easy damage like that and I will bet my right nut that there's going to be a lot of Hwai's at Evo.