King of Fighters XIII > Takuma Sakazaki

The s.C, F+B, db~f+K Thread

(1/5) > >>

desmond_kof:
This thread is for people having trouble with this little combo, and for people that have mastered it and want to share how they got it down.

The way I have personally for myself got this down so far is doing the downback charge BEFORE the F+B kick even comes out, then pressing forward and kick almost near the end of the F+B hit activation and its animation. Actually, I had to purposely miss the db~f+K a few times then tighten up the time less late to get it on time.

The only way I have found out that it isn't coming out if I didn't properly start the db charge on time, before the F+B even begins animating.

Fyi, if you are having trouble with this string, that does not mean you should ditch Takuma forever. He has other combos involving his s.C, F+B...you can do his qcf~hcb+P super, his f, hcf+P super or is qcf+K, etc. etc..

Diavle:

--- Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on December 30, 2011, 04:35:29 PM ---Fyi, if you are having trouble with this string, that does not mean you should ditch Takuma forever. He has other combos involving his s.C, F+B...you can do his qcf~hcb+P super, his f, hcf+P super or is qcf+K, etc. etc..

--- End quote ---

Yep, this is what I've been thinking after spending some practice time with him yesterday and since that stupid combo is anything but consistant for me.

The guy does very solid damage overall while using little meter. And aside from that db+D all his other moves connect easily after the f+B so a very easy hit confirm ala Ryo but with the advantage of working better off a far standing C.

Also, if you want to followup after the normal command grab with a combo containing db f+D then you can substitutate the sc, f+B for a cr.C, the db+D connects easily after it for obvious reasons.

Ufgt:
Instead of practicing this combo, I just do s.C, f+B, qcf+D, c.A xx EX tatsu.

Easier to confirm, slighting tighter timing. But... carries farther to the corner (which means death combo) and depending on where you have Takuma in your order, you shouldn't be short of meter to do the ex tatsu.

Feels better for me, YMMV.

Diavle:
^Yeah but s.C, F+B, db~f+D is meterless, that's one of the good things about it.

s.C, F+B, db~f+D, db~f+B, Ranbu does almost 50% damage.

Ufgt:
I run Takuma anchor so I never have meter problems.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn the f+B, D tatsu combo. It's really useful, particularly off a command grab. I guess what I'm saying is that's it's not critcal for you to learn it if it's giving you so much trouble. Maybe try out the other combos and once youo are comfortable with the nuances of Takuma, go back and learn it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version