Author Topic: The s.C, F+B, db~f+K Thread  (Read 22008 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
The s.C, F+B, db~f+K Thread
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
This thread is for people having trouble with this little combo, and for people that have mastered it and want to share how they got it down.

The way I have personally for myself got this down so far is doing the downback charge BEFORE the F+B kick even comes out, then pressing forward and kick almost near the end of the F+B hit activation and its animation. Actually, I had to purposely miss the db~f+K a few times then tighten up the time less late to get it on time.

The only way I have found out that it isn't coming out if I didn't properly start the db charge on time, before the F+B even begins animating.

Fyi, if you are having trouble with this string, that does not mean you should ditch Takuma forever. He has other combos involving his s.C, F+B...you can do his qcf~hcb+P super, his f, hcf+P super or is qcf+K, etc. etc..
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The s.C, F+B, db~f+K Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
Fyi, if you are having trouble with this string, that does not mean you should ditch Takuma forever. He has other combos involving his s.C, F+B...you can do his qcf~hcb+P super, his f, hcf+P super or is qcf+K, etc. etc..

Yep, this is what I've been thinking after spending some practice time with him yesterday and since that stupid combo is anything but consistant for me.

The guy does very solid damage overall while using little meter. And aside from that db+D all his other moves connect easily after the f+B so a very easy hit confirm ala Ryo but with the advantage of working better off a far standing C.

Also, if you want to followup after the normal command grab with a combo containing db f+D then you can substitutate the sc, f+B for a cr.C, the db+D connects easily after it for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:47:07 PM by Diavle »

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Instead of practicing this combo, I just do s.C, f+B, qcf+D, c.A xx EX tatsu.

Easier to confirm, slighting tighter timing. But... carries farther to the corner (which means death combo) and depending on where you have Takuma in your order, you shouldn't be short of meter to do the ex tatsu.

Feels better for me, YMMV.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »
^Yeah but s.C, F+B, db~f+D is meterless, that's one of the good things about it.

s.C, F+B, db~f+D, db~f+B, Ranbu does almost 50% damage.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:47:46 PM by Diavle »

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »
I run Takuma anchor so I never have meter problems.

I'm not saying you shouldn't learn the f+B, D tatsu combo. It's really useful, particularly off a command grab. I guess what I'm saying is that's it's not critcal for you to learn it if it's giving you so much trouble. Maybe try out the other combos and once youo are comfortable with the nuances of Takuma, go back and learn it.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
Based on my experience with canceling his 2 piece into HSPK, yeah you gotta throw that stick back (db) as soon as you make that f+B input, and then watch his foot. Once that foot connects, a split second after that, bust that f+K. Even if you still get that timing for the db charge, you can't immediately hit f+B when that foot hits. From my experience, both online and offline, it's slightly after the kick hits.

Instead of practicing this combo, I just do s.C, f+B, qcf+D, c.A xx EX tatsu.

Easier to confirm, slighting tighter timing. But... carries farther to the corner (which means death combo) and depending on where you have Takuma in your order, you shouldn't be short of meter to do the ex tatsu.

Feels better for me, YMMV.

I can't call it tatsu, no matter how hard I try... :-p

Anyway, this is part of a combo I use, especially when I'm noticing I can't hit his 2 piece into HSPK. I only use the B version of HSPK, and at times super cancel into C fireball super. But his EX version is good when you can do it, since more can be done from it.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
If DreamCancel has a like button I would have liked this. :D Anyway the reason I may have gotten this combo hard is the wonky inputs of the PS3 pad I'll try other stuff out. Thanks for this thread :D

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
Personally, I also like to remember the fact that he can combo into EX Hien Shippu Kyaku off light attacks. Sure it takes meter, but at least it achieved getting practice for the followup timing and overall comfortability with landing things afterwards.

I feel the Command normal -> Hien almost feels more like a Link, rather than a combo, due to the late connection after the f+B.

I also find it nice that he can land Zanretsuken after the s.C, f+B combo. A suprising amount of vaccum to the move. Really like that close-to body crumple, to start the mixup game once again. Doesn't do bad damage of it's own either, and if you really want to, you can always DC out of it; the scaling from the hits will hurt, but it's a great way to land solid, possibly character-killing damage, that has a bit less "risk" to it.

What makes me sad, overall though, is that I rarely see Takuma's attempt the Hien-combos online, it's always just Ko'ouken spam :( I haven't played him too much myself (Though I'm growing to like pairing him up with Chin/Robert), but I often find myself ending up at the wrong side of a cross-up hop D than I predicted, and that generally throws off my charging idea just enough, lol. But if I land an opponent in a cornered clean hit, I'm going for the D Hien combo, no matter what. A Lot easier to combo out his d+C in this game, that with previous Takuma versions, as well...

In the end, he DOES have a lot of options for combo enders, even before you master this thread's premiere combo. It's a good thing to note, as Desmond and Diavle mention. I'd encourage potential Takuma players to keep the combo in their bag of tricks, but PLEASE learn that he's more than just that one combo, or a fireball cannon. He's a very well-rounded character.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 09:57:19 PM »
Personally, I also like to remember the fact that he can combo into EX Hien Shippu Kyaku off light attacks. Sure it takes meter, but at least it achieved getting practice for the followup timing and overall comfortability with landing things afterwards.

I feel the Command normal -> Hien almost feels more like a Link, rather than a combo, due to the late connection after the f+B.

I also find it nice that he can land Zanretsuken after the s.C, f+B combo. A suprising amount of vaccum to the move. Really like that close-to body crumple, to start the mixup game once again. Doesn't do bad damage of it's own either, and if you really want to, you can always DC out of it; the scaling from the hits will hurt, but it's a great way to land solid, possibly character-killing damage, that has a bit less "risk" to it.

What makes me sad, overall though, is that I rarely see Takuma's attempt the Hien-combos online, it's always just Ko'ouken spam :( I haven't played him too much myself (Though I'm growing to like pairing him up with Chin/Robert), but I often find myself ending up at the wrong side of a cross-up hop D than I predicted, and that generally throws off my charging idea just enough, lol. But if I land an opponent in a cornered clean hit, I'm going for the D Hien combo, no matter what. A Lot easier to combo out his d+C in this game, that with previous Takuma versions, as well...

In the end, he DOES have a lot of options for combo enders, even before you master this thread's premiere combo. It's a good thing to note, as Desmond and Diavle mention. I'd encourage potential Takuma players to keep the combo in their bag of tricks, but PLEASE learn that he's more than just that one combo, or a fireball cannon. He's a very well-rounded character.

I definitely agree with this!!! I think the thing is that people only see this particular combo being used, so that's probably all most people think he's capable of... He's like pizza... There's so many varieties, but most still go for good ole pepperoni pizza, because that's all that's "advertised"...

...I often find myself ending up at the wrong side of a cross-up hop D than I predicted, and that generally throws off my charging idea just enough, lol. But if I land an opponent in a cornered clean hit, I'm going for the D Hien combo, no matter what. A Lot easier to combo out his d+C in this game, that with previous Takuma versions, as well...

This happens to me a bit. I'm trying to calculate the cross-up, and I end up in front charging ;df :(

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 02:51:32 AM »
Right now I'm deciding between the two Takumas... Imo both of them are good in their own ways... In my honest opinion, if you wanna play regular Takuma, then you better learn the d/b~f+D link... He can do 845 dmg from near full screen with just 1 meter and HD... 648 dmg in the corner with 1 meter and 1 DC... 561 dmg in the corner with just 1 meter... Learning this link is a pain but once mastered Takuma gains his full potential...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
Yeah I agree, learning this is essential to his game. Not only does he do a ton of damage but builds a butt load of meter at the same time. You can do well without it but you would be limiting yourself, kinda like playing Ash without his geneijin.

Overall only the Japanese players have been consistent with this combo and his stun loops, pretty much everyone else sucks at it and/or is very inconsistent.

I'm finding the character very frustrating execution-wise in that even if I land the combo I still have stupid shit happening after like the f,b, f+A overlapping with the fireball super often.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:34:04 PM by Diavle »

KCs NOTORIOUS

• New Challenger
  • Gettin Better
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:03 AM »
atm i'm on the front page of dream cancel stl bar warz matches. if anybody spots anything i could do differently please feel free to share.
Steam Id: KCsNOTOR1OUS
Midwest KoF rep

"No Justice, Just Us"

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
Yeah I agree, learning this is essential to his game. Not only does he do a ton of damage but builds a butt load of meter at the same time. You can do well without it but you would be limiting yourself, kinda like playing Ash without his geneijin.

Overall only the Japanese players have been consistent with this combo and his stun loops, pretty much everyone else sucks at it and/or is very inconsistent.

I'm finding the character very frustrating execution-wise in that even if I land the combo I still have stupid shit happening after like the f,b, f+A overlapping with the fireball super often.

So far I have been doing well with the pad and the stick doesn't make things easier.

Princemurphy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
I can do the combo easily offline. Online, I rarely can get the tasty to come out. When I do, I gets blocked. Any suggestions for timing it online?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
...Don't play online?  Seriously though, timing's hard enough offline, trying to do it online will only wreck your timing.  Avoid using it outside of extremely good connections.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.