Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58391 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2011, 05:57:16 AM »
:-( Just let me know if I'm getting on your nerves.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2011, 06:02:53 AM »

Lol.  Damn why you gotta be like that Metaphysics!  Keep up the hard work, and keep on experimenting.  Like I said many times before, Metaphysics was completely new to the game just over 12 months ago; he was FREE for a long time ;)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2011, 06:26:42 AM »

Lol.  Damn why you gotta be like that Metaphysics!  Keep up the hard work, and keep on experimenting.  Like I said many times before, Metaphysics was completely new to the game just over 12 months ago; he was FREE for a long time ;)
Hahaha says the first guy that got eliminated by that supposed "scrub" lol, at every NorCal event ever!!! Anyways naw man I'm not getting annoyed I was telling Kane earlier how I think it's great that you're starting to think outside the box with your characters, it's a lot of trial and error seeing what works and what doesn't that's why I wish we could play so you can find confidence in your new strats
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2011, 06:31:21 AM »

Hahaha says the first guy that got eliminated by that supposed "scrub" lol, at every NorCal event ever!!! Anyways naw man I'm not getting annoyed I was telling Kane earlier how I think it's great that you're starting to think outside the box with your characters, it's a lot of trial and error seeing what works and what doesn't that's why I wish we could play so you can find confidence in your new strats

OT:  Chin takes more damage in NorCal per drink, it's a fact.  /OT.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »

Man, you sound like me from like high school.  Don't be afraid to ask a lot of things, it's how you learn.  Also, don't take so many things seriously.  Have fun with it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2011, 06:21:41 AM »
First page has been updated with console changes.

---

* Crouching A > Crouching C is a chain combo. Can be canceled.
* Normal Buster Wolf’s (qcf x2+P) dashing speed is now identical to the EX version. But the Invincibility is the same as before.
- Far D’s recovery time has been reduced.
- Standing CD’s hit detection lasts a bit longer.
* Trinity Geyser’s (qcb~hcf+P) hitbox has been changed so that it actually hits 3 times.

Producer Yamamoto says:
We’ve mainly buffed up his normals, and he can do solid combos with the addition of chains. Also, His Trinity Geyser’s hitbox has been changed, and he can also hit the opponent afterwards in the corner.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
If nothing has changed, I wonder if this still works:

So with Terry's D crackshoot, if the opponent blocks the attack standing, it puts you at -2 frames. If they block crouching, Terry is put at advantage of 1 or 2 frames. The fastest move you could do is a standing C. You can cancel the animation right as he adjusts his hat.

Now, the funny thing I noticed is that if you hit someone who is crouching with D crackshoot, you get a free combo. Again, right when you adjust your hat, you can do st.D or st.C and it'll combo. The timing is tight, but it's interesting because a special move leading into a situation combo is fairly new to me. My interests lie in when will you hit someone with D crackshoot while they are crouching and not blocking? I don't know if sweeps will hit crackshoot, but for a special move to be a combo starter is very interesting.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17:21 AM »
Gonna submit this as a bug.

Terry can't hit all the hits on his Power Geyser or his (Neomax) Trinity Geyser in the corner. >< They removed his ability to hit straight-up crouching opponents with his crackshoot and they didn't fix that! Not cool.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
After a 2 hit trinity geiser you can juggle again and do more damages than if it hasn't whiff.

Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

blackgenma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:04 AM »
Gonna submit this as a bug.

Terry can't hit all the hits on his Power Geyser or his (Neomax) Trinity Geyser in the corner. >< They removed his ability to hit straight-up crouching opponents with his crackshoot and they didn't fix that! Not cool.

so your saying that if a character is crouching, and not blocking, crack shoot still whiffs? because if that's the case, I am reconsidering playing this character. that's simply too big a gap in his basic offensive game to ignore. I can't believe they didn't fix that. 

ex power geyser not hitting for all the hits in the corner isn't too bad (just use regular power geyser), the trinity geyser not getting all the hits in the corner sucks but can be mitigated by comboing after the neomax (and you can do so without meter), so its not too terrible.

Edit: you can try posting a complaint over at Atlus forums I guess?

http://www.atlus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:10:33 AM by blackgenma »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2011, 06:42:31 AM »
Hey Reiki, question - Which characters did that happen against?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
After a 2 hit trinity geiser you can juggle again and do more damages than if it hasn't whiff.

I was at Southtown Arcade for almost 4 hours after the stream cut practicing to do that and the recovery for the move is so tight that I always miss the juggle opportunity of the set-up's messed up. The problem is there's no specific where that is a problem.

Anyway, I wouldn't reconsider him, but it is something that's really, really dumb. At any distance, a ducking opponent can poke him out or make it whiff completely.

EDIT:

So today I was trying the infamous Trial #5. That crap's not easy, but I learned a new skill. You can tiger knee with Terry by doing.  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;up ~delay~  ;a and he'll do rising tackle. This is how I learned how to beat Terry's Rising tackle [SC] Power Geyser combo. I believe you could do the same thing with Buster wolf just the other way.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:35:08 AM by Reiki.Kito »

R3N

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2011, 12:51:05 AM »
Noob ? here I'm having trouble against players that are playing Andy and spamming fireballs and srk everywhere once I roll threw the fballs. Does anyone have any tips on getting threw that type of play with Terry. every time I had gotten in it seemed like my crouching pokes were getting beat out by his srk or pokes.

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2011, 01:14:24 AM »
So today I was trying the infamous Trial #5. That crap's not easy, but I learned a new skill. You can tiger knee with Terry by doing.  ~delay~  and he'll do rising tackle. This is how I learned how to beat Terry's Rising tackle [SC] Power Geyser combo. I believe you could do the same thing with Buster wolf just the other way.

Hi man, loved your participation to the topic. I've beat this trial by cancelling the rising with a burn knuckle, then a geyser. I'm pretty sure they intended to make us add extra moves in some combos, because DCing a rising tackle basically is almost 0 dmg, and for 1 DC and 1 stock you can do the bk DC crack shoot, rising tackle EX which does real damage. There was some pretty hardcore links in Kyo's trials too, that become quite easy with one or two special moves inserted at some points.
Anyway what would the tiger knee motion be useful for ? I don't see the point atm

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2011, 01:49:12 AM »
The tiger knee motion is so you act like you're doing the qcb motion, but you go ub and then straight up. This still counts as the qcb motion. Once you do the Rising tackle, you quickly swing it all the way around in a hcf motion and it [SC]s. Keep in mind doing this cancel doesn't knock people away as much as the other combos so it might allow you to Max Cancel close, but not right into the corner for all hits.

The first hit of Rising Tackle does 40 in comparison to Burn Knuckle which does 75 on the first hit.

Noob ? here I'm having trouble against players that are playing Andy and spamming fireballs and srk everywhere once I roll threw the fballs. Does anyone have any tips on getting threw that type of play with Terry. every time I had gotten in it seemed like my crouching pokes were getting beat out by his srk or pokes.

See this game is what makes Terry so nice. Didja' know that Terry's C version fireball goes through other fireballs? Get in closer, maybe mid range. The way you should approach Andy players that just throw fireballs is to advance a little and block. If you take a little damage, it's better than taking a full combo. Keep going till you're about 3-4 characters away from them. You can then throw C fireball and you'll hit them. You can also throw EX fireballs because they'll go the entire length of the screen. Make them jump and then gain some ground on him. Once you're in their face, Terry is Grade A #1.

If you have meter, you can punish fireballs with EX Buster Wolf. When you get about mid range, they'll stop throwing fireballs and might risk a DP. If you know they're going to do that, you can catch them slipping by blocking. Just casually approach them, walk if you like, and psyche them out. They want you to rush at their pace, but you should approach at your own.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:55:03 AM by Reiki.Kito »