Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58400 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
good to see you on, seems i caught you on the right time. i totally forgot about terry not being able to nm cancel after the geyser. i just woke up, so thats gotte be it lol. dont worry though, i wont be bothering you that much anymore when the game finally drops. till then, who knows, i might still need your expertise. thanx for the speedy reply.  

edit: awesome av zombies ate dianna.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:27:52 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 02:34:00 PM »
i was checking the wiki (which looks really good btw, good job). terry's far D it says the move resembles terry's firekick from rb but without the fire effects. 2 things, terry didnt gain this move till the last rb, namely rb2.second, the move never had any fire effects. small tidbits, but its better to have info thats actually correct instead of made up, even if its something minor. ok, moving on, nothing else to see here.

edit: also no discription on close A and B.

I was actually just referring to Real Bout as the series, but yeah, better to be specific. And I completely mis-remembered the flame effects. I guess I got too used to seeing them in MI2? Anyway, corrected.

There are no close A or close B. They're exactly the same as far A and B. This is true for most (but not all) characters in the XIII.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
i was checking the wiki (which looks really good btw, good job). terry's far D it says the move resembles terry's firekick from rb but without the fire effects. 2 things, terry didnt gain this move till the last rb, namely rb2.second, the move never had any fire effects. small tidbits, but its better to have info thats actually correct instead of made up, even if its something minor. ok, moving on, nothing else to see here.

edit: also no discription on close A and B.

I was actually just referring to Real Bout as the series, but yeah, better to be specific. And I completely mis-remembered the flame effects. I guess I got too used to seeing them in MI2? Anyway, corrected.

There are no close A or close B. They're exactly the same as far A and B. This is true for most (but not all) characters in the XIII.

no prob man,

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »
Anyone remember seeing 2-meter combo that was Burn Knuckle-EX Burn Knuckle (passing opponent)-Buster Wolf?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
Anyone remember seeing 2-meter combo that was Burn Knuckle A-EX Burn Knuckle (passing opponent)-Buster Wolf?

Yeah, they did that a lot in the beta/dev vids, looks so good awesome.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
Yeah, here's a video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMIecZwIikI

It does look really great, but I'm not sure if it's worth 100% drive (one DC and one SC).

Pretty sure Burn Knuckle (SC) EX Buster Wolf would do almost as much damage, if not more.

Actually, checking my handy-dandy mook, EX Burn Knuckle does 160 damage, Buster Wolf does 90, 90 and EX Buster wolf does 90, 30 x 4, 90. So, not factoring damage scaling, EX Burn Knuckle does 40 points more damage. Damage scaling would make that number a bit smaller, though.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »
why even use busta wolf unless your going for a max cancel combo or the opponent is too far away? powa geysah does more damage, same for ex geysah. 

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 02:29:29 AM »
^^It is FLAAAASHY for one.  (All self-respecting Terry players should be flashy in their play style)  Also not only does it hit opponents who are far away, but talk about a fireball punish!! (The EX version anyway)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
but on opponents close to you during combos, why waste the damage if you can geyser?

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 05:00:49 PM »
Well, Buster Wolf is easier to hit than Power Geyser if they end up being in a certain distance. Buster Wolf is also very fast. 'course, it depends on the situation. If you can put in an EX Burn Knuckle in place of a Buster, why not? If your opponent has low health and EX Burn Knuckle isn't enough to finish him, why not use Buster after? If your opponent is still far up in the air, why the hell would you use Buster when you can use Power Geyser, etc...

Also, Terry's 100% also makes use of Buster Wolf.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
Am I missing anything here?

Buster Wolf:
+ faster: (both non-EX and EX) BW can be connected from a standing B
+ can be MAX cancelled (of course)
+ in the corner, EX Buster Wolf is the most damaging DM with full hits guaranteed; Terry's EX geyser and NeoMax aren't great for corners

Power Geyser:
+ more damaging
+ EX geyser can juggle opponent high enough for a follow-up (corner only, so you sacrifice some damage)

EX Rising Tackle:
+ more damaging than either level-1 DM
+ so cool

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
ex rising tackle cannot be followed up.

geyser and ex geyser when not in corner but close to it do most damage and you can follow ex geyser up. what im curious about is if an ex geyser can be followd up close to the corner when all 3 hits of the geyser connect.

busta only useful when opponent is out of geyser reach or you wanna follow up with nm. or when the opponent is already in the corner when comboing.

also wasnt ex rising more damaging whenyou hit all hits (30), since you mostly only hit about 20 or so no way its as damaging as either dm. or am i missing something?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:10 PM »
I should have said, without damage scaling, EX Rising Tackle is the most damaging. But even in shorter combos, it stills manages to do slightly more damage.

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the exact damage numbers, but I found that:

close C -> A burn knuckle (DC) B crack shoot -> EX rising tackle

Did more damage than:

close C -> A burn knuckle (SC) Power Geyser / Buster Wolf

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
in the upper combo you do an extra move and an ex tackle, so it should be doing more damage.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »
It's late.... but here are the goods for a 5 stock combo middle screen....

Jump D,Stand D, df c, HD activate, Stand D, DF C, EX Burning Knuckle, Cancel into EX Geyser, Cancel Rising tackle into burning knuckle C, and then cancel into EX Geyser, then rising tackle, canceling into burning knuckle. then canceling into crack shoot b, and ending in rising tackle =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF