Author Topic: EVO 2012 discussion  (Read 44709 times)

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« on: January 05, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
With the importance of live streaming E-live TV ratings, i hope that there are ways to ensure one or two places to the KOF EVO for years to come:

- Bringing the Mexican, Latin America, France, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese player and maybe Dakou & Xiaohai (to name a few).
- Make up a sort of challenge around the nation to better KOF, you know, that little rivalry patriotic that we have in each forum of KOF / SNK.
- Accelerate the buzz
- Expanding numbers of viewers live during the tournament.
just my 2 cent :D.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:48:08 PM by meiji_99 »

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »
Good luck to all DC members who make it out to EVO.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 06:27:05 PM »
Man I would really like to go to EVO, especially to get another chance to play WC again. But my situation with school and work and not getting enough hours is preventing me from supporting the game.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »
What did wizard said that was controversial? I could not understand him

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:29:52 PM »
BB was dropped because not enough ppl came to support it last year (as in entrants).

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
Yeah, BB being dropped was hella justified.  It keeps getting pot bonuses...and people still don't show up to play.  They wanna throw the excuse "Oh well...we don't feel like playing because Extend is around the corner", big fucking deal.  I don't see any other players complaining about having to play an older game until the update/sequel comes out.  You go out and support, you don't...well big deal.

They couldn't even crack 200 at EVO, that's pathetic.  Say what you want about the current crudware of SFxT, but even with this shitty build, at least it'd be guaranteed to pull at least 200+ at EVO right now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Fuck it, you guys really don't know shit about whats going on or the scene, shouldn't havbe brought shit up.
So what's going on?

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Drunk+Angry posting bad idea.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »
Still though I liked BB top 4 on EVO. It was actually enjoyable. Sucks that is not gonna be on EVO although Extended is out next month.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:00:14 PM by ELTRO »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
But what did wizard said, I really want to know what's going on in the scene, seemes the reasons to put SXT didn't seemed that good, but like I said, I didn't understood well what happened

Waifu Material

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
SFXT is in simply cause it's a Capcom tittle. As for BB I also heard that Mr Wizard said something that did not bode well with the BB community.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »
I was hosting. The speed was erratic & my inputs were dropping randomly.  He seemed to have no problems with dropping whtsoever. The 1st time I just chalked it up to a fluke but when we were even through 3 matches and then the lag started it seemed curious. Hewas a Bishop if that matters.

This happens to me sometimes too.  I know some people are better at compensating for lag and what not, but it honestly seems like the lag is one sided at times.  For instance, yesterday when I was playing online (it is not usually like this for me) it felt kind of choppy, seemed like random inputs were being dropped, or registered late, but it was like this against everyone I played and it didn't appear as if they were having the same problems.  I was playing a couple of guys where I couldn't block small jumps due to lag and they were landing full HD combos with no problem, lol....could just be them being able to deal with it better though, idk.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 08:23:14 PM »
I'm assuming it's the snipe saying the community isn't supporting the game as well as they should.  Which, and I'm not the biggest Wiz fan, doesn't seem very inaccurate.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »
Really glad with that EVO presence!!
That's really good to KOF and SNK!

Damn, Dat Hype! :)

KoF 4 EVA

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
EVO 2012 discussion
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
Maybe it's just my area, but Arcana Heart 3 seems more popular than any iteration of BlazBlue at this point.

When it comes to the selection, there were really only 3 variable slots. You knew SSF4AE2012, UMvC3 and SFxT were going to be there.

As much as I don't care for it, they had to have Mortal Kombat there. It's a smash hit with American audiences and huge with the casual crowd, as evidenced by all the 'Fighter of the Year' awards it won.

EVO seems to always have a Namco fighter, and I'd say much better that it be SCV than the snooze-fest that was Tekken 6 last year. When the most entertaining thing about your tournament is Aris + Kayo Police... yeah. That means something.

So, there was really only one slot left to give, and considering how amazing a reception KOFXIII has been getting with the hardcore fighting game fans, there really wasn't a choice.

There's always side tournaments.