King of Fighters XIII > General Discussion

Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread

(1/94) > >>

Tanner:
Here's a list of tier charts from top players around the world:
http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13335.shtml#

-Kane317

---

I'm making this thread because the other one got closed over a ridiculous argument.  

--- Quote ---But Tanner, it's too early for tier lists and this game is very balanced, herp derp there is no reason for a tier lists thread.
--- End quote ---

People need to understand the basic concept of these threads.  Tier lists are a great starting point for discussion about character's weaknesses and strong points.  Any one with half a brain knows that tier lists are opinions of players and not set in stone.  They are supposed to be discussed, questioned and frequently changed.

Anyone with a weird personal issues about tier lists please keep it out of this thread.

JennyCage:
This is my early tier list:

http://tiny.cc/u7uzi

Each character in the same horizontal row I consider roughly the same tier (i.e. Robert is not necessarily better than Benimaru, but he is more all-purpose).  Anything below the center horizontal line is mid tier, not low tier.

My experience is limited to online and some matchups like Chin are a little hard to judge (not many Chin players).  I'll probably feel completely different about this list in a few months.  

GO4PRO:
I'm surprised you have King where she is. What do you think of her that would cause you to place her so high? Above the likes of K' and Claw Iori at that. And Robert the best?

EDIT:

--- Quote from: JennyCage on January 07, 2012, 04:42:11 AM ---My experience is limited to online

--- End quote ---
Oh. Zoning characters like King would be tough to face online. If this really is all of your experience then it makes sense now.

LouisCipher:
Yeah, ya' gotta' take online as it is right now with a grain of salt. Hell, I know you can do Clark's B SAB on wakeup but online is another story and it will get beaten out by pretty much any regular attack regardless of how you time it.

JennyCage:

--- Quote from: GO4PRO on January 07, 2012, 06:04:21 AM ---I'm surprised you have King where she is. What do you think of her that would cause you to place her so high? Above the likes of K' and Claw Iori at that. And Robert the best?
--- End quote ---

I don't think you read my post.  Robert isn't the best, he's just the most all-purpose of my high tier.  Robert has more options than any other character on the top row.  That's why he's all the way to the right of all-purpose.  But as I said everyone in the same horizontal row I consider in the same tier, some are just more difficult to play or have less options than others.  It doesn't mean the options they -do- have aren't good enough to compete with the more well-rounded high tiers.

Also the reason I put King where she is because she has great control of the screen at any position.  Her zoning is problematic but that's just part of her package.  She has great hitconfirms, easy and decently damaging drive cancels, high priority on tornado kick vs just about anything in the air and it can be made relatively safe with proper spacing.  Getting in on King is almost as hard as getting in on Ash and when I do get in I have to constantly be afraid of ex trap shot and the easy drive cancel shenanigans that follow.  Her normals are also very good.

This is all just my opinion but she's one of the most problematic characters for me to deal with and it's not really because of her zoning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version