Author Topic: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread  (Read 157623 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 08:19:34 PM »
Thread closing in 3, 2, 1...

nax

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
Thread closing in 3, 2, 1...

and its because people want to debate how someone made their tierlist instead of the actual tierlist.

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
I see nothing wrong with it. No one's being retarded like in the previous thread.

anyway, http://bit.ly/zKQUkj

Here's mine. I know Mr. Karate isn't out yet but I put him where I think he'll be.

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
blah blah blah

blah blah blah

No one cares about this pointless argument except you two, if you want to continue this instead of having an on topic discussion then please take it to PM.  I don't mind how someone makes the tier graph as long as they explain what they did before hand so we know how to read it.  /pointlessargument

What does everyone think of Takuma?  He has ridiculous damage (400+ meterless in the corner), a command grab that leads to a full damage combo, a decent fireball and great corner pressure.  He lacks a good reversal, has limited AA options and has to use EX to do any significant damage from a low.  I see a lot of people put him high-mid which is probably right.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »
Think that's what really hurts Takuma. You don't have very many reliable anti-airs so you have to use spacing to make sure you're not in that position or block really well.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:42 AM »
yea thats pretty much takuma in a nutshell. ex qcf+K is very slow, he can throw fireballs from far to an extent and try to guess/semi-react with superjump cd or st.d but hes pretty much all-in trying to land a hit/grab and very little defense.
Agreed, and I'll throw Yuri and Saiki as contenders for the top 3.
so many people consider saiki strong but i just cant see it. not that its saying much since the game is so balanced but he seems to be on the weak end of things to me. he does seem good on a practical level ie tournament situations where having strong fundamentals and taking few risks can be what wins matches. on that note, how does everyone feel about leona? she seems super strong to me but ive heard people think shes ass and i kinda feel like im in crazytown thinking shes good.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 03:49:52 AM »
on that note, how does everyone feel about leona? she seems super strong to me but ive heard people think shes ass and i kinda feel like im in crazytown thinking shes good.

I don't think she's ass by any stretch, but she does seem pretty limited combo wise.  I think her strengths are excellent normals and pokes, her ability to keep people off her even when crossed up, the instant overhead into DM and being able to threaten a DM any time someone leaves the ground.

Her low pokes are really good and she can mixup decently with her overhead command normal.  A rushdown Leona is hard to deal with despite her lack of "pizazz" in the combo department.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 05:47:05 AM »
Leona is just too limited. I don't think anyone has made Top 8 at any tournaments with her on their team, but then again the game is still young so...
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 09:30:37 AM »
@Running Wild: Rofl at the post, hey I thought you were going to Dustbowl?

@Thread: Honestly I think Leona is a solid character but she's one of those character you have to commit to. I heard she's was reaching up in the tier late arcade run. I think she's high mid cause of her v-slash punish, instant overheads and zoning tools.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
ok, here is mine a little bit altered:
Ky0's Tiers
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:14:40 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 09:44:40 PM »
Maxima's... not bottom. >w<

Not with dem sideburns, dat guard point and REAL Canadian damage. He seems un-popular though... I don't see him often in tournament play.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 09:48:52 PM »
Maxima's... not bottom. >w<

Not with dem sideburns, dat guard point and REAL Canadian damage. He seems un-popular though... I don't see him often in tournament play.

Don't worry so much about it. It's just someone else's opinion. I'd say he's not bottom at all.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
I'm sure if Maxima had tits he'd see more play.