Author Topic: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread  (Read 157615 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 10:35:26 PM »
That's a scary image dude.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 04:13:26 AM »
Maxima looks real annoying especially now that he can cancel auto guard. Might play him and imagine him with tits  ;)
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »
Tits or no tits he's too slow to be effective and his grabs aren't as good as the other guys. But, I can see someone who's really good at reading doing well with Maxima.

I think Joe might be the lowest character. He just lacks damage and pressure. His zoning is his best quality and the fact that he relies so much on zoning and couple of characters like Clark and Mr. Karate just annihilate Fireball Zoners I think Joe is kinda' SOL.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 07:52:20 AM »
I wanna pick up Mature, I've been toying with her for awhile, but haven't put any solid effort into her yet.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
You had a good Mature, dude. You could do real well with her and King and maybe Mr. Karate/EX Kyo/EX Iori.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 08:11:26 AM »
Yeah I need more exposure with under used characters.

Hopefully the online patch makes the game playable online. I need match up experience. I'm calling Mr. Karate as high tier. Dude looks like Takuma on crack. Also why does he have a run throw that turns invincible if you use the ex version? The character is hands down the scariest for now.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 09:05:22 AM »
I definitely wanna try Mr.Karate out.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »
Watched streams from Korea and Brazil and just like the US there is a considerable variety of characters being used, looks like the balance is holding up well so far across multiple regions. Can't speak for Japan yet because they seem to have almost completely halted release of match vids after the console release.

Interesting little tidbit is that the last time I watched the Korean stream it had a ton of EX Iori's, don't know if EX Iori players just didn't show up this time but I didn't see a single one use him after an hour of watching (still going through the archive). They made Vice look especially dangerous.

US, or rather SoCal, seem to be the only ones that really like Saiki though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:58:32 PM by Diavle »

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
I think the reason why there's not much vids coming from japan is strictly cause it is on console. If the game came out in arcades there would be a hand full of videos coming from there. Is too bad too since it seems if it were in the arcades KOF would be more active over there. Well we'll see down the road.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 12:45:08 AM »
I think Joe might be the lowest character. He just lacks damage and pressure. His zoning is his best quality and the fact that he relies so much on zoning and couple of characters like Clark and Mr. Karate just annihilate Fireball Zoners I think Joe is kinda' SOL.
Joe is a huge wild card because of his stun combo. I think I could place him low even with the stun combo but with high execution players he may be a very silly character.

As for Leona she does not seem limited to me. Her only limitations are 1. meterless damage, which is moot since she is a thrive on meter character and she's going to be 2nd or 3rd, and 2. she has to spend meter for a reversal. With meter, simple confirm into level 2 does enough damage, and her hd combos hurt a lot.

Her biggest strengths are 1. her normals are ridiculous. Kula-ish cr.B, low profile sweep, big st.D, fast low C, big and good angle jump CD, awesome stand CD, vertical jump D with a huge hitbox. 2. She is the only character in the game with an unseeable 50/50 with vertical jump D. Every other character with command overheads or command grabs, you at least have a chance to react or try and alt guard a throw/hit or jump out of overhead/throw. Leona you just guess. D slash is 0 on block so that allows her to set up cr.B/jump D 50/50 from that, very annoying.

But I will say she can never be in the absolute highest ranking because of the backdash change to console. It offers a pretty safe solution to her mixup, and if you actually block the high mixup it's unsafe.

Speaking of Leona I really hope Cheng Long is playing this game and using her. I think someone with high execution and talent can make her crazy...she's really the only character in this game that terrifies me.

anyway heres a list i made so everyone can flame me or w/e. also i dont use the graph its just a normal vertical list, horizontal doesnt mean anything: link
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:48:22 AM by Dandy J »

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 12:55:46 AM »
If V-slash were anywhere juggle it would have destroyed back dashes. I still would consider her a character that you have to be a master off mainly cause of her options. I wonder if her HD combo were hit as hard as people made it out to be.

As for Joe I consider him some what like Takuma, can kill a character with one combo but will it be worth it? Especially whoever might be left for anchor. I still consider him a solid character but out side of the corner is options seems limited but I'm not a Joe player and what I'm saying is what I gather from matches. You can correct me on this.

Edit: NVM nothing changed lol.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:07:05 AM by ELTRO »

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:18 AM »
Yeah Leona is not an easy character. Her corner HD is not really hard, strong players should hit it 100%. Midscreen is another story but you can also lazy it out if you have 3 or 4 bars with super into nm. Joe...the stun combo is one of the hardest in the game, you won't see players hitting it consistently often, so he's kind of a theory land character right now. Rogueyoshi thinks Joe is super cheap, basically the way he sees it, if he lands a cr.B with Joe then that character is dead. I doubt that will actually happen in reality but I can see where he's coming from.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 01:04:06 AM »
Well he might be one of those character that might change tiers depending who's playing him. Hard to tell really. This year Evo will certainly be impressive considering the overall character usage this game provides.

ill_cosby

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »
Any early guesses on Mr karate? He seems like he can really maul once he gets in

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
Can't say, don't have my hands on him yet and there's no match footage for me to use.