Author Topic: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread  (Read 157595 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »

AirLancer' thanks for your contribution. It's really useful.

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »
Really, I only thought about most of this stuff after EVO, when I realized that my Robert wasn't doing much but being very annoying at the back of my team.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »
Really, I only thought about most of this stuff after EVO, when I realized that my Robert wasn't doing much but being very annoying at the back of my team.

Yeah' maybe now people could see Robert differently; he needs to be tested more I think.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 28, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Seattle KOF

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »
my question for david kong, why do you play robert if you think he's so bad? even i've put down leona as a sub character, and i've mained her up until recently.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2012, 08:12:45 PM »

My philosophy is, when you like a character stick to him/her even if "you" think he's bad as long as he's not broken (too weak or too strong).

Choysauce: please dont drop Leona we need more Leonas out there :P and shes not weak bru.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
Not dropping her, just not gonna keep starting off with her.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Yeah, Leona with meter at 2nd or 3rd is so much better to behold. That air super... Though, funny thing. Turns out Billy's EX Upkicks beat it.  :)
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »
i think she needs to be in the front now, MAYBE 2nd, never 3rd.

the amount of meter the opponent may have for a punish is severe at 2nd/3rd character slots. and if they guess right once it could just mean death.

with her in the front, it's like the idea of takuma in the front, you earn your right for major damage (build up the hd bar for fattier combos). plus with the opponent having little meter she won't be punished for a bad read, so you can go nuts with her.

also i think her bff is vice right after, or anyone that doesn't need hd meter.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »
I dislike Vice. She's basically jCD into EX grab all day. And until I find a solid counter to that shit Clark I will continue to call her gimmicky ;) .

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »
I dislike Vice. She's basically jCD into EX grab all day. And until I find a solid counter to that shit Clark I will continue to call her gimmicky ;) .

then you've never played real vice players. ~_^ *Ohhhh ho ho ho*

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »
Vice needs her slash kicks back... I think she's decent... Good combos, good DMs, EXs... Definitely scary with meter...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

DeaTh-ShiNoBi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »

My philosophy is, when you like a character stick to him/her even if "you" think he's bad as long as he's not broken (too weak or too strong).

Try not to be offended by this, but that's a very casual way to play a game.  You're only wasting your time if you're purposefully playing a character that you, yourself thinks is bad.  There's nothing that annoys me more than someone who picks a character that they think sucks and complains about how bad they are, using it as an excuse (to themselves as much as to other people) for losing.  I'm not saying that you have to tier whore and pick only characters that are broken-good, but don't play a character if you think they're bad.  Or, at least, if you do, try not to paint yourself as a hero.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 02, 2012, 12:54:41 AM »

Try not to be offended by this, but that's a very casual way to play a game.  You're only wasting your time if you're purposefully playing a character that you, yourself thinks is bad.  There's nothing that annoys me more than someone who picks a character that they think sucks and complains about how bad they are, using it as an excuse (to themselves as much as to other people) for losing.  I'm not saying that you have to tier whore and pick only characters that are broken-good, but don't play a character if you think they're bad.  Or, at least, if you do, try not to paint yourself as a hero.

Tell that to this guy:

Q (TM) Owning - (Gamers Vision RB 4th-7) 22/07/2006

Nagato1992

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 02, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »

Here's a hint to fight vice... *whispers* rush her down...

Frame trap or do a move that + frame advantage on block, jump and do an air normal.  You will beat her CD most likely and if she tries to EX shoulder, it won't work. 

I started to play Vice but her defense is so fucking terrible man, its worse than Claw Iori by far.  If she had her anti air whip from CvS(dunno if it was in previous KOF games) or even the slash kicks she would be so much better.