Author Topic: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread  (Read 157597 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29:04 PM »
The instant I rush down Vice, either by short hopping or knock her down and try to keep pressure, I almost always eat an EX Shoulder. They LOVE doing that. That's a matchup I gotta' learn for sure.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Nagato1992

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:23 PM »
Dog, EX Shoulder/Mayhem is 14 frames and about half of it's invincible.  It can get safejumped by almost anyone in the game.  Stop hitting buttons and let Vice screw up. 

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »
Didn't know that, I'll keep it mind. Fistbump.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12:53 AM »
my question for david kong, why do you play robert if you think he's so bad? even i've put down leona as a sub character, and i've mained her up until recently.

I've put so much damn time into him that it's really hard for me to let go. Also, I'd be lying if I said Robert isn't really fun to play. At this point, any other character I pick up won't perform as well for me as robert currently does. But i'm working on it! Hopefully in a few more months my karate and EX iori will be tournament level. Until then Robert is my best bet along with king and vice.
In it to win it!

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »
Also, Vice is soooo good lol. Her defense is bad in the sense that she lacks any good close range anti air normals which cover her head, but her 1 frame invincible command grab can definitely be used as a defensive tool to make up for that once you've blocked the jump in.

I am also one of the few Vice players that thinks she's an awesome point character, simply because she is amazing at building meter without building meter for the opponent. every single sleeve does not build ANY meter for the opponent on block, hit or whiff. on hit, combo-ing into command grab also builds 0 meter for the opponent. you can also kara into sleeve from stand CD for a very significant range boost.

her far stand B is also cancelable, so you can frame trap into fwd A or into sleeve from very good ranges. same thing with her sweep. her j. B is also great and has a ton of horizontal range and is active for days. you can combo off of it at very far ranges as well.

but yeah, my point is her neutral game is very very good, and very few vice players actually utilize it. (i'm still working on it myself lol). the idea that her entire game is based off of J. cd into EX sleeve is a misconception, although I don't deny that it's still a huge part of her anchor game.

Also, the fact that every single practical HD combo can be done the same way on every single part of the screen is totally awesome.
In it to win it!

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #320 on: August 03, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »
I agree she def is in that Category of "tough to use but good points" but I think she shines in the 2nd position. Not as an anchor. If she's out of meter in the 3rd slot, the hill is super steep.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2012, 12:04:53 PM »
Here's a hint to fight vice... *whispers* rush her down...
vice's defense is bad? its her forte. just because you can beat 2 masher options in a specific situation doesnt mean anything. if you just jump and blindly do an air normal you can easily be trip guarded into full combo...or even easier, since its vice, she can just hit you out of the air and full combo...

Nagato1992

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
Here's a hint to fight vice... *whispers* rush her down...
vice's defense is bad? its her forte. just because you can beat 2 masher options in a specific situation doesnt mean anything. if you just jump and blindly do an air normal you can easily be trip guarded into full combo...or even easier, since its vice, she can just hit you out of the air and full combo...

Iori is probably her worst matchup along with characters with fireballs.  I played Vice for a good bit before dropping her.  Her mid screen yomi is good when there is no fireballs anywhere.  However, she can really put a hurting on some characters while getting shat on by some others.  My view on Vice's matchups from what I know:

Good or 5/5 Matchup:
Shen
EX Kyo
Kim
K'
Clark
Ralf
Duo Lon
Maxima
Yuri
Billy
Kyo
Ryo

Bad or 6/4 or worse:
Takuma
EX Iori
Claw Iori
Benimaru
Andy
Joe
Terry
Any other character with a really good fireball and DP
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:25:12 PM by Nagato1992 »

azunadrop

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2012, 09:11:21 AM »
MMCafe's Professor has recently released Uuu's tier chart. Link to source

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »
MMCafe's Professor has recently released Uuu's tier chart. Link to source

Wow man, that's one interesting tier chart.

Josh

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:29:48 PM by Josh »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Orochinagi just posted the ratio charts for Tokyo, Osaka, London, Paris and SoCal.

http://orochinagi.com/2012/10/kof-xiii-ratios-for-tokyo-osaka-london-socal-and-paris

Chin rising up the ranks in most regions.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2012, 10:25:34 PM »
Yo Elisabeth why so low on the ratio. :(

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
Yo Elisabeth why so low on the ratio. :(
Nobody plays her?

Orochinagi just posted the ratio charts for Tokyo, Osaka, London, Paris and SoCal.

http://orochinagi.com/2012/10/kof-xiii-ratios-for-tokyo-osaka-london-socal-and-paris

Chin rising up the ranks in most regions.
This isn't really a tier list, more a popularity list.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:33:44 PM by Terrastorm »

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »
yes it is more of a popularity list than a tier list, but part of its use is to balance out team strength. the top ratios  pretty much have all the top tiers there. its the bottom ratios that are all mixed up and makes me wonder if it will even have much effect on team strength.

say you form a team with the tokyo ratio in a tournament setting, anybody that forced to use a ratio 1 character is pretty much gaurenteed to have King on point, with robert probly being the second go-to pick out of that group. for socal, robert seems like he would be the obvious first choice over athena and mai.

as far as encouraging team variety goes, i think the Osaka chart is the only one that will do it. its the only one that doesnt truly reflect tiers for each ratio.