Author Topic: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread  (Read 157552 times)

Livewire

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Youtube link
Re: Tier lists and Character Discussion Thread
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2012, 03:00:26 AM »
Seeing as this is listed as a character discussion thread, I'm hoping that this isn't the wrong place to be asking about this, but do you guys have any suggestions on who somebody who's starting in terms of characters to use? I talked to a friend about it, and he thought King was "newbie friendly", and that "Kyo's kinda alright but you'll switch to K' when you get better". When I would casually stumble across games like 98, 2001, or 2002 in arcades I'd usually pick up Benimaru or Yuri, but I figured I'd ask here.

From the casual bit of messing around with KOFXIII so far I've found myself liking Benimaru, Yuri, Kyo, King, Vice, Robert, Ryo, and Kula. Do you guys think a Yuri/Benimaru/King team would be a relatively wise thing to start with learning, or are there other suggestions you have? Either way, I'd like to get some feedback and if this is the wrong thread, then I apologize completely.
PSN: L-W-X

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2012, 12:18:15 PM »
try everyone you like. the characters are not that complex. youl learn all the bnb's and stuff you need to know in a week. team order is critical to victory. Expirement , and see who builds meter and uses meter and set your team accordingly.

eg, yuri is good without meter however her damage increases exponentially when she has meter. Beni is just all round stupid good. Ryo, king imo are good for meter building and annoyance so you would want to put them first.

Livewire

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Youtube link
« Reply #332 on: December 16, 2012, 11:25:04 PM »
Thanks for that. I do like how order placement seems to be a strategy in and of itself in KOF as opposed to the level of it in say...Marvel (though I'm not bashing Marvel, I pretty much like/respect all fighters). The basics of what I'm getting from what you said is pretty much, the purpose of the first character is to try and get in there and do as much meterless damage as possible at first, with second's purpose being to sort of get as much meter for the anchor as at all possible?

There's some other things I've obviously struggled with such as doing some Max Cancels (though I'm completely aware there has to be a means to combo into HD activation and the ability to read when to go for it before I even THINK of using those), input shortcuts, and not accidentally jumping/super jumping when I go to do the hop equivalent, but I'm pretty sure those come with practice.
PSN: L-W-X

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
Hey guys, once in a while I like to post my own personal tier lists just for fun. Seeing as how the new EVO season is about to start, I figured that I should post an updated list hahaha. This is just my opinion, nothing more:

AAA+++: Mr. Karate, Hwa Jai
A+: Both Ioris, Both Kyos, Benimaru, Yuri, Takuma, Kim
A: Shen Woo, Vice, Saiki, King, Duolon, Chin,
A-: Andy, Kensou, Kula,Mature, Ralf, Clark, Liz, Ryo, K',  Raiden, Daimon, Robert
B+:Joe, Leona, Billy, Terry, Ash, Athena, Maxima, Mai
In it to win it!

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
Hey guys, once in a while I like to post my own personal tier lists just for fun. Seeing as how the new EVO season is about to start, I figured that I should post an updated list hahaha. This is just my opinion, nothing more:

A-: Andy, Kensou, Kula,Mature, Ralf, Clark, Liz, Ryo, K',  Raiden, Daimon, Robert

Pretty close to how I'm viewing the game right now. A few things though:
1) Why is Billy so low?
2) What pushed Robert up from before, especially above Billy?
3) What's keeping shen out of the tiers above him? He is on par with most of the chars above him IMO.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »

Why is Shen so low? Should be atleast A+ or A+++ or higher. Kim should be above Takuma...Takuma should probably go down. Duolon is definitely not on the same level as Shen.

The Ioris aren't as good as Kim.

Joe is definitely better than Robert. Billy could maybe go up one spot, same with Ash.

List seems quite off and doesn't reflect the highest level that we've been seeing.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2013, 06:49:18 PM »
Tier list are only as good as the players playing the game that being said the top 3 are without doubt Mr Karate, Hwa and Ex Iori..

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with you in Billy's tier placement totally, seeing as I feel his "newness" bumped him up in tiers initially (i think he's A-). My main inquiry is regarding Kensou's vs Athena's placement. Athena clearly beats him out in almost every aspect. Her corner throw combos are stronger, her fireball game and anti-fireball game is mad stronger. Athena can beat Kensou out in pokes as well. Maybe I'm not seeing something Kensou has that makes him better, so please shed some light on your placement.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
instead of yal complaining about someone elses opinion on there tier list y not jus make ya own

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
instead of yal complaining about someone elses opinion on there tier list y not jus make ya own
Because then everyone would just post lists and there would be no actual DISCUSSION going on about why the characters are as good or bad as they are. Some extra knowledge can be gained from that too. I'm prolly gonna post a list of my own soon, but I wanna put some considerable effort into it including explaining a good deal of the placements I end up coming up with, and the best part for me would be the ability to talk it over with other players.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2013, 07:41:51 PM »
aint much discussion goin on.... so once again people can make there own tier list

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »
^ Umm, there is discussion. That's why people comment on their list. They want to know why they think certain character are high or lower than each other from their perspective.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
just wondering ..while watching Japanese kof 13 matches i don't see them choosing benimaru a lot...??
another Q...why joe and kim aren't considered a top tiers or mid high at least..??

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
I've seen plenty of Japanese Beni players and Kim is universally considered "top". Joe, not so much.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Blue Wolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
I've seen plenty of Japanese Beni players and Kim is universally considered "top". Joe, not so much.
well.. i saw them use him a lot (after ) the game released but nowadays i see benimaru user are less.
KOF 13 Ratio Tiers: Scotland, Kyoto, Morocco, NorCal (Nov 2012)
http://orochinagi.com/2012/11/xiii-ratio-tiers-scotland-kyoto-morocco-norcal-nov-2012