Author Topic: Anyone in Oregon?  (Read 2331 times)

Wedge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Anyone in Oregon?
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
Occasional SRKer and 09'er.  Kinda tired of all the dumb stuff in SFIV and trying to find a game with less stupid in it.  Played a little bit of XIII so far and it seems very awesome, even if it's gonna take me a while to get decent at.  I'm mostly interested in trying to foster local support for the game, as I have no faith in the online ever being passable.  That being said I'm still willing to _try_ the online with anyone somewhat close to see if it's casually playable, just because I only get to play once a week otherwise. 

And in the highly unlikely event I can get a playable connection with Nilcam, I'm going to totally body him at this, and at last he won't be able to use the excuse of "he plays KOF" for why he's losing.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in Oregon?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel Wedge. Glad you're liking KOF so far. If you're willing to try an overseas match from an opponent in JPN, hit me up.

Good luck with the scene building in your area; more FG support with more variety is definitely worth going for.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »
Welcome, Wedge! Calling me out in you intro... Nice!

I look forward to testing the netcode with you.

Wedge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:32:54 PM »
Wow, soooooo there was a bunch of people playing KOF at the monthly tournament series here, I think it had as many entrants as UMVC3.  Some really good players too.  I guess Portland plays KOF.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Good stuff. How'd you do?

Bahn Yuki

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:51:18 AM »
We have a KOF scene in Salem.  We're having a big get together on Friday night with Joel A(winner of BB8) coming up from Eugene.  I'm on XBL Bahn Yuki and on PSN as Bahn_Yuki.  We're also playing Thursday and Sunday, but not as many people will make it.  Some come on down and join us, bring some friends, the more the merrier.

Arch4ngel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »
There's a KoF scene in Salem, you say?

Innnnnnnteresting...

A buddy and I are working really hard to both level up our own games and get a community going in Corvallis, but sadly - being poor college students - regular trips to Portland aren't really feasible, however Salem might be possible...

Bahn Yuki

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:52 AM »
Yeah we're actually playing right now.  We have guys from Eugene who drive up because we're that hardcore.  Come on up!!!