Author Topic: Options against roll-heavy players  (Read 7817 times)

bbq sauce

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Options against roll-heavy players
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
Semi-necro bumping this with a question

Is a wake up roll immediately throwable?

My main training partner mashes wake up roll.. a lot.. I typically try to do back/forward C as he does wake up roll, assuming he'd be thrown immediately, and if he just blocked, then I'd a cl.C do to wake up throw invul.

Yet, he seems to just roll through my cl.C every time. Does the wake up throw invul maintain itself through the roll? or do rolls just not become throwable until a certain point? Or am I scrub and my timing is just terrible.

edit: for clarity sake, I'm not talking about the ground tech roll on soft knockdowns, but, wake up roll, as in the first frame he gets from knockdown, he rolls forward, especially out of the corner.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
Is a wake up roll immediately throwable?

No it isn't, fully invincible until the roll animation finish.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
But you can grab him at the first wake up frame (ie at the end of the roll, if he doesn't wake up faster with a roll you can't throw for a few frames).

Some advanced stuff to punish heavy rollers :
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:32:51 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »
I'm not sure, i don't think rolls have any throw invincibility at all, but if you're option selecting you might just be doing it too soon you know. I'd recommend useing feints instead and throw on reaction. Example; throw out one or two c.B's before your opponent gets up so he might end up thinking you're going for that and then just block to see if he rolls or throws something out.