Author Topic: what to do against bullshit pokes...  (Read 3155 times)

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
what to do against bullshit pokes...
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:12:35 AM »
man lately i know i have been getting good at KoF.....just not good enough one of my most difficult opponents are people that poke more than people that turtle. so i am asking if anyone have any tips to do with people that poke? i could never figure out what to do against them thanks much appreciated

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: what to do against bullshit pokes...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 06:00:37 AM »
What kind of pokes?  For most standing pokes, like King's st C and D, can be ducked under and countered with a sweep.  St A, at the right distance, can be countered with a sweep.  Some sweeps can be punished on block, (e.g. Iori), but you could simply hop in and land a combo if you see a sweep coming.

It's all about reading your opponent.

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 06:17:47 AM »
sorry i wasnt specific. i was talking about light punch and like kick pokes both crouching and standing...its very difficult to read and i dont really understand what to in those situtations. i have beein like that since my 3rd strike days and once again i cant figure out any strategies against them

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
It all depends on the range.  At the correct range, where the stand A or crouch B whiff, you can punish with a sweep.  You can also preempt your opponent's approach with your own stand A and Crouch B.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
Who are you using?

For these situations you gotta look at your own characters' arsenals. Most, if not all, have normals or specials that beat lows.

For example:
Kim - far sC, far sD, sCD
Clark - far sD, sCD
Kyo - sD, HCB+K
Beni - far sD
King - sCD

It was funny the other day when I was playing against a Chin player with Kim and he was loving lows. Kim's sC kept going over Chin's lows and smacking him on the head, in desperation he did HCF+K to go under the kick but the sC smacked Chin on the head again lol.

Sweep tends to work quite well as well, as mentioned above.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:08:52 PM by Diavle »

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »
to answer your question of who i am using i am using between terry,andy,shen,kensou,vice,king those are the only characters i am familiar with thus far.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:45 AM »
to answer your question of who i am using i am using between terry,andy,shen,kensou,vice,king those are the only characters i am familiar with thus far.
i dont kno the distance u r at when they r poking u but i will attempt anyway just going by the characters u use u can pretty much do the same thing people r doing 2 u
in my opinion its not really reading pokes as it mayb what chu wanna do but its more used 4 set ups or 2 shut u down but what i think ur saying is that people r shuttin u down there for what i recommend is stay at mid screen and work on a set up from da outside since u use alot of projectile characters anyway
and of course if u got them cornered then u have the upper hand kinda

zeech

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »
Hah, my friends and I were trying 13 for the first time the other day, scrubbing it up SF2 style.   Anyways, in our adventures we discovered Kula low B is seemingly undefeatable :P