Author Topic: Greetings from a Saudi player in Indiana!  (Read 1850 times)

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Greetings from a Saudi player in Indiana!
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »
Hello, everyone! I'm a KOF head living in Indiana, studying at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN, but I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia. I'm a long-time fan of KOF, but I only learned to play competitively starting from KOF XI. KOF XIII has pretty much made me stop playing Street Fighter and UMVC 3, and I'm loving it! I'm hoping to meet more players in the Midwest area, because Purdue needs some serious powering up in KOF. I'm one of two players here (that I know of) who have ever seriously played KOF, but we've managed to spark a strong interest in it here. Looking forward to a lot of good discussion on these boards and to learn from more experienced players!
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from a Saudi player in Indiana!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
you can learn from new players 2

welcome to DC

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:55:37 AM »
Welcome Frofighter. I've actually been to IUPUI (hope I'm not getting it confused with another college close by), and couldn't find a scene there. Of course that was during the FG "dead" years, but even so, IN starting up something for KOF is a great sign of progress.

Much training and good games to you sir.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:27:29 AM »
Welcome Frofighter. I've actually been to IUPUI (hope I'm not getting it confused with another college close by), and couldn't find a scene there. Of course that was during the FG "dead" years, but even so, IN starting up something for KOF is a great sign of progress.

Much training and good games to you sir.

Aw, man... You would have been just an hour away if you were still there. We'll be trying to get stuff going here. It's just that attitude that's holding anything back. It's stupid when so many people are like "I like the game, but I wanna see if it'll survive first". I've heard that too much already, and I'm trying to sway people from that. Either way, thanks for replying, fellas!

Also, yeah, I meant no offense to newer players.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 03:51:06 AM »
Welcome FroFighter :)

"I like the game, but I wanna see if it'll survive first" < heh, overlooks the fact that they are part of the equation. Perhaps the fact that XIII will be a major at EVO has started cementing the idea that it's here to stay ;)

Hope you enjoy your time at DC!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 05:50:34 AM »
Welcome FroFighter :)

"I like the game, but I wanna see if it'll survive first" < heh, overlooks the fact that they are part of the equation.

This I concur with. One thing I might suggest for FroFighter's, and actually everyone's case, bring more than one controller, and as soon as someone says "I like the game, but-" interrupt them at "but". Tell them to sit, pick up the controller, and show them why it's something they should be playing on the regular.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
^THAT I like.