Author Topic: Interview With LDA|B.A.L.A.  (Read 11281 times)

Edgar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Interview With LDA|B.A.L.A.
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:49:33 PM »

Hello all, recently I had the opportunity to ask LDA|B.A.L.A. a few questions. For those that don't know who he is already, BALA recently took 1st place at Southern California Regionals and has also taken the top spot at ReveLAtions 2011  and Evo2k11 for KOF13. I hope you all enjoy the interview.

Lets start off by you telling me a little about yourself. 

Well…. I am from Puebla, Mexico and I like video games! Lol. I am  an easy going person who likes equality (If you mess with me I mess with you...If you mess with him and he doesn’t mess you with then I mess with YOU) lol.

Your name is Armando but tell me how you came up with your handle “B.A.L.A.”

What a good question!  I always love to answer it…..well, you see….I am married and I have a son (I would like to send them both greetings through this interview). My wife’s name is Blanca (B) my name is Armando (A) and my son’s name is Luis Armando (L, A)…so......

How did you become interested in fighting games?

The emotions at the arcades, the friends that one makes through from them, the experiences, the competition between us (the players) and the emotion of the game.

Justin Wong, Floe and Richard Nguyen are some well known names known troughout, did you get a chance to observe their matches at SCR for KOF13? If so, what are your thoughts of their abilities at KOF13 for the time being?

Well, truthfully all 3 of them play very well, they seem to somewhat know the spacing which in KOF is very important. I only played against Floe and honestly his Ash gave me a tough time, hehehe…...I think  if they continue to play KOF13 they will be very good.

In the countries of South America the preferred game for KOF tournaments is KOF2002. With the release of  KOF13 has anything changed in regards to the preference for KOF2002?

It is still in debate, many still prefer kof2002 but I am sure that after SCR many will open their eyes.

I have heard you mention Benimaru as being the best character in KOF13, why do you think this?

He has a fireball, uppercut (1 frame), command grab(1 frame), he has many attacks that have high priority, his jump is a crossup and it has priority, he has a normal air grab, he has an air fireball, he can do a fireball on a backdash and has good recovery, his HD combo is easy to finish off with a neomax, he can punish you  after a normal grab in the corner ( anywhere on the screen with an EX command grab), he can keep you away with his normal. His only bad matchup is Vs Benimaru hahahahahaaha. If I forgot something please add it.

I know you plan to attend Evo2k12, are there any other events that you will be attending/plan to attend in 2012?

I would like to go Final Round since various players from Mexico will be attending, I sill don’t  know who though. I don’t know what other events there are since I am not familiar with the tournaments from the USA but yes, I would like it if I could attend to many.

KOF13 is a game that is known for its balance but do you think that there are things that SNKP needs to address with the upcoming “netcode” patch?

I think that the game is fine (balance wise) and it’s too early to start thinking about patching it…only time will tell.

How different is the competitive atmosphere in the USA compared to Mexico?

Definitely the fear play, the passion and the acceptance of newer games is greater in the U.S. than in Mexico. Mexico has very good competition in 1 or 2 games only but I think they are on a good path…. They have been playing SSF4 and UMVC3 and now KOF13. We will be seeing/hearing a lot from Mexico from now on. hehehe

With the release of KOF13 for consoles it means that more people will be playing the game and the competition for it at Evo2k12 will be greater than before. What training regimen have you created for yourself to level your game up?

Very good question… I don’t currently have a plan or list to follow when I practice. I think that the love for the game and  having good competition available will be good training.

Chivas or The America?

Jahahajaha! Chivas of course! They don’t have any foreigners on their team.

With the recent popularity explosion there is now a big selection to choose from, do you enjoy playing any other fighting game aside from kof13? Do you plan to play any of the upcoming fighting game titles?

Yes, I play SSF42012… I know that it’s not easy to maintain a good  level in that game but if I don’t start playing it I will never know if I will be good or not lol, actually I play it now whenever I chance and now that SCR has passed I will focus a little more on SSF4.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Interview With LDA|B.A.L.A.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 01:09:03 AM »
Thanks for the interview, seems like a cool dude.

Love watching his KOFXIII matches.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 04:11:26 AM »
WHY AMERICA, YOU SHOULD ROOT FOR PUEBLA!

Still, good interview, sounds like a nice guy, and I love the reason of his gimmick, but I will still call him bullet

Waifu Material

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »
Thanks for the interview Edgar.

Great hearing some of his impressions and was ridiculously enjoyable watching him bring the destruction at SCR.

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
Nice brief interview & had me thinking a few things, but I wanna know what's Bala's favorite KOF personally.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
Nice brief interview & had me thinking a few things, but I wanna know what's Bala's favorite KOF personally.

Not to sound stereotypical, but I'd imagine it would be OG2k2. That is the main game in Mexico and is still being ran in major tournaments down there. Not to mention that when he was in NY, it's all he went to CTF for from what I remember.

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:45:56 AM »

Not to sound stereotypical, but I'd imagine it would be OG2k2. That is the main game in Mexico and is still being ran in major tournaments down there. Not to mention that when he was in NY, it's all he went to CTF for from what I remember.

Cool thanks & if it is what's played then there's no changing that.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
I know something that should be addressed by SNK, My main character Mai.  She has lost alot of her speed and Tricks.  I mained her since 98 and am having a rough time trying to figure out ways through people's defenses on 13 with no overhead standing attacks, no low gaurd slide, she feels really bare or basic.  I usually have to rely on Baiting alot with her in 13.  She lost alot of her DM's and moves as well. 

But overall, the game is very well balanced and I like it alot.

P.S. Kim NEEDS his Hot step D, D + K move too, I would say his triple kick combo's but he is already very good, that may make him too good Lol.

Also a wish of mine is to see Li Xiangfei or Angel in KOF 13 (So that I can have a full Profile team) but I know that's quite unlikely at the moment.

Anyway, I love the game (Playing it now actually Lol)and will keep on fighting and training and hopefully find good options with attacks and Defense.

Good interview though.