Author Topic: EX Kyo (NESTS) Combo Thread  (Read 10462 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
EX Kyo (NESTS) Combo Thread
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:04 PM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=NESTS_Kyo_%28XIII%29#Combos

If you got em, we want them. Mid-screen, corner, mention how many stocks and drives it takes, share damage values, if it ends in a hard knockdown or not, if its character specific, etc. It would be best to keep things on the more practical side, but if you have anything crazy feel free to share.

Post them up, share them and they will be added and you will be credited on the wiki.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is what I have so far:

Mid-Screen

No Stock, No Drive Gauge -

- d.B x 2, s.B, df+D = 167 dmg, 5 hits

- d.B x 2, s.B, dp+C = 180 dmg, 5 hits

- d.B, s.B, qcf+B, rdp+B = 188 dmg, 5 hits, hard knockdown

- d.B x 2, s.B, [qcf+A, qcf+A, B] = 200 dmg, 6 hits

- d.B, s.B, [qcf+A, qcf+A, A] = 180 dmg, 6 hits, hard knockdown

A jump attack can be added before these following combos

- s.C, f+B, hcb+K = 250 dmg, 5 hits, hard knockdown

- s.C, f+B, rdp+B = 166 dmg, 3 hits, hard knockdown

- s.C, f+B, [qcf+C, hcb+P, f+P, dp+P] = 257 dmg, 6 hits

- s.C, df+D = 162 dmg, 3 hits

- s.C, [qcf+A, qcf+A, B] = 199 dmg, 4 hits

- s.C, [qcf+C, hcb+P, f+C, dp+C] = 260 dmg, 6 hits

- s.C, rdp+B = 136 dmg, 2 hits, hard knockdown

- s.C, hcb+D = 225 dmg, 4 hits, hard knockdown

No Stock, 1+ Drive Gauge -

- d.B x 2, s.B, [qcf+A, qcf+A] [DC], rdp+B = 195 dmg, 6 hits, hard knockdown

- d.B x 2, s.B, [qcf+A, qcf+A] [DC], hcb+K = 269 dmg, 8 hits, hard knockdown
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:43:59 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
Re: EX Kyo (NESTS) Combo Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
A good corner BnB that I find useful for him is Close C, F.B, QCF AC, QCF A, HCB A A(DC) QCF D D QCF A, QCF A, HCB A A. I don't know the damage off of the top of my head, but it does around 400. It's one meter, half of the drive bar, and a hard knockdown although I don't think you'll have many oki options if you opt for the punch OTG.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 03:06:47 PM by Zeromurasame »

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »

hint, this one works only on point blank range, otherwise the "f+P" follow up whiff and it's punish time! in that case remember to use hcb+K to great dmg and easy hit confirm.
Of course if it's a punish moment on a whiff special and you can run near the opponent use the version without the axe kick command normal.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
A good corner BnB that I find useful for him is Close C, F.B, QCF AC, QCF A, HCB A A(DC) QCF D D QCF A, QCF A, HCB A A. I don't know the damage off of the top of my head, but it does around 400. It's one meter, half of the drive bar, and a hard knockdown although I don't think you'll have many oki options if you opt for the punch OTG.

Off the top of my head I know that with a j.C in front of it, you get 444 damage.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »

hint, this one works only on point blank range, otherwise the "f+P" follow up whiff and it's punish time! in that case remember to use hcb+K to great dmg and easy hit confirm.
Of course if it's a punish moment on a whiff special and you can run near the opponent use the version without the axe kick command normal.

You're right about that, I had a little trouble getting all the hits, so it's a combo I would probably stay away from.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
Yeah, unless you just want to use just cl.C into C Rekka Chain, it's best just to use cl.C, f.B xx HCB+K at all times until you get Drive/Meter.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FakeVariable

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »

You can get a little more damage out of this, and any other combo that has QCF+D, D, in the corner by juggling with QCF+A, QCF+A, wait, QCF+A, HCB+A, A instead of just doing one hit of the rekka and then ground punch chain.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
Would someone tell me the most practical and damaging HD combo found as of now for him?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 04:53:02 AM »
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1657.msg41036#msg41036

This one milesw, when you are suited to do the rekka dp cancel with the hyper drive shortcut (in small words, the f+C after qcf+C) it's the best around. the rekka cancel into rekka (alternate A and C) eat hyper drive bar but still can do the job if you prefer something really pratical (but of course, not great damaging).

Kashou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
If you do hd combo to rekkas to qcfx2+AC to neomax, you do just as much damage as if you would not do any rekkas and just do the first normals into super to neomax. If you only do rekkas to neomax you do like 100 more damage than with no rekkas. (first hit of A and C rekkas cancelled into each other.) Doing the hcb+C followup on the C hit to save HD meter is also pointless as it doesn't do more damage either.

So C-rekka into dp, dat practice mode. My problem is I get either of the supers somewhere in the combo, but if you can react to it and just max cancel it, it's still okay.

EDIT: Just noticed Mazinkaiser's link. This shortcut REALLY helps and now I only get random shoryus instead cause I miss the timing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:13:37 PM by Kashou »

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
KoF XIII : K' & Nests Syle Kyo Combo Movie

Some very flashy combos in this vid 3:50
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Dess

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 12:27:30 AM »
Corner combo I have been using after jump-ins.  This combo DOES NOT work after the linking standing C from cr. B if I remember correctly.

s.C, f+B, QCF C, HCB P,(DC) QCF D, QCF A, QCF A HCB P P  It does really good dmg, I'll look up the number later, and only costs a drive.

I just haven't seen anyone post it up yet or anyone else use it.

Before people as, it always works in the corner as long as you land with a jump in, or you start the combo with s. C, I'll have to check again but I swear it doesn't work after the link.

I have a some other stuff to post up, just curious to see what everyone thinks of this one.

Also the HD combo I have been running is similar except (QCF C, HCB P, (DC) QCF A) X3 then on the last rep DC the HCB P into QCF D then super into neomax, or one rekka into neomax.  I personally like this combo because it has corner carry, it looks kinda cool :) , and it really doesn't do that much less dmg than the C rekka to C DP over and over again, and i think its a lot easier to do consistently in match.

I'll come back with some hard numbers tonight and combo transcripts for the stuff I have been working on.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »

s.C, f+B, QCF C, HCB P,(DC) QCF D, QCF A, QCF A HCB P P  It does really good dmg, I'll look up the number later, and only costs a drive.

I just haven't seen anyone post it up yet or anyone else use it.

Yeah, actually we have 3 little variations of that combo on our wiki HERE:

-  j.C, s.C, f+B, qcf+C, hcb+C [DC] qcf+D~D, qcf+C (wait) qcf+A, hcb+A, A = 361 damage, hard knockdown

- s.C, f.B, qcf+C [DC] qcf+D~D, qcf+A, [qcf+A, hcb+P, P] = 339 damage, hard knockdown

- d.B d.B s.B, qcf+A [DC] qcf+D~D, qcf+A, [qcf+A, hcb+P, P] = 296 damage, hard knockdown

Also the HD combo I have been running is similar except (QCF C, HCB P, (DC) QCF A) X3 then on the last rep DC the HCB P into QCF D then super into neomax, or one rekka into neomax.  I personally like this combo because it has corner carry, it looks kinda cool :) , and it really doesn't do that much less dmg than the C rekka to C DP over and over again, and i think its a lot easier to do consistently in match.

I tried the C rekka to C dp and I kept getting supers, so I thought ppl were doing C rekkas into hcb D, lol.

I'll come back with some hard numbers tonight and combo transcripts for the stuff I have been working on.

Please share what you have with us. Nice name btw, hahaha.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 01:36:24 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »

seekritdude

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 08:37:14 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oow3EOhiBMw

meh just a few combos I did with him when he came pretty old obviously.. but I kinda realized I was never going back to do any more with this game as it is.. so there ya go/may as well post the rest of the crap I had on tape kinda vibe...

It actually is somehow possible to get 3 regular fire punch chain combos. But I have no idea why it fucking works. It must have to be some perfect godly timing. To the point that when ever ive gotten it I just assume the game has messed up. Obviously whatever the case not shown in this but yea.. sure go figure that one out..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:38:52 AM by seekritdude »

BlankM

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 02:29:51 AM »
I enjoy watching all your combos. I seem to find something new in all of them, for every game you play!

Can anyone help me figure out this combo: Console KOF XIII: EX Kyo 4Bars 100% Combo

As I commented, I'm having trouble keeping up with the input display. It seems like hes doing some sort of shortcut? I tried DP into orochinagi and they don't go near high enough. If anyone could explain whats going on in this combo I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks.