Author Topic: Greetings! New KOF player  (Read 1036 times)

pewpew

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Greetings! New KOF player
« on: January 19, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
Hello everyone

I just got KOF XIII yesterday ordered during Xmas but it takes a while for stuff to get here, I live en Central America. This would be my first KOF game, I played 99 but I didn't understand half of I was doing, I was just mashing buttons hahaha.

I used to play Tekken a lot and recently got back into fighting games, and a buddy of mine recommended this game because he said this was in his opinion a 'true' fighting game. I started playing with some of the characters and I got hooked, I'm loving the mechanics and all the combo possibilities of the HD cancels.

DandyJ’s tutorial has been very helpful, didn't know about the hops and general offense/defense mechanics.

Still need to practice a lot, since my execution is really bad right now, but I'm slowly picking up. Oh and the site's wiki is really cool, im reading it right now.

Anyways, glad I picked up the game and hopefully I'll get the hang of it pretty soon. See you around!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings! New KOF player
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »
Hey pewpew, welcome to DC!

Sure you'll pick it up in no time. All of us here are trying to level up so you came to the right place :)