Author Topic: effective block strings and pressuring  (Read 1447 times)

B1gblack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
effective block strings and pressuring
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
ok first and foremost i wanna thank all that have been helping me with advice and tips on making my game better each time i post something up is only because i am trying it out in training mode and wanna know if there are simpler ways of doing it or if im having tough battles and i cant seem to win and need help. So with that being said this may be the last time i ask for help on what to do for king of fighters 13 and i will start on doing things the way I need to do them (e.g. figuring out my own solutions to my fights and problems). I ask for my final help on very effective pressure and block strings. For the life of me i cant seem to keep them tight and strong on my opponent and wonder what is missing, i do as many normals as i can bu doesnt seem to hold them at bay like i want them to be can someone please lend me there knowledge once again for the last time

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: effective block strings and pressuring
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
You eventually have to reset and keep up the pressure. That's probably where you're running low at.

You can do two things. You could have a command normal that is pretty high priority that can be cancelled into a special which checks your air space. That way, they can't jump. You still have relative advantage and if you delay it to let them respond, you might hit them. If they block it, you cancel into a pretty low recovery special and go in for more pressure. Results may vary as some characters might not have a fast recovery move to do that.

Using K' for example. I'll do d.B x2, qcf+A, d.B, qcf+A, b.B to reset my pressure again. If they're too scared to press buttons, I get to keep going.

Another thing is to run them down. Using characters with cancellable sweeps, delayed heavy attacks, or just constant hop pressure, you dash in and poke them with lights into any of those options. Getting the rhythm down is a bit difficult, but once you get it, you're automatically checking a space they might not be protecting or keeping them pinned in a defensive position.