Author Topic: Billy Kane Matchup Thread  (Read 9992 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Billy Kane Matchup Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
Yeah, a good King can lame out and play run away or bait for a CH dp+B/D, and combo accordingly... Patience and knowing when to use f+A helps...

Athena shouldn't have to get to Billy to win, but when she is, Athena is less of a problem imo, but still a threat regardless... She's got fireball, a fast cr.B, dp, command grab, and EX fireball which is almost annoying as Saiki's super. You have to know when to either grab, f+A (there's that magic move again), cr.C, or use the occasional dp+BD (or at least when to bait for it)...

Anybody here have solid info vs Leona??? It sure seems like you should run through her easily, but not with good spacing I can only get a very small amount of damage, and even that is range-dependant. The Leona player plays extremely safe with pokes and such, but that's about it. I can get at least a qcf+A off of her j.D, qcb+A (not sure if that's correct) if blocked, but it does little damage. Any ideas???

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 04:55:22 AM »
How does the match-up vs Ralf is supposed play out? I know you can keep him out with the long-range pokes,but is anything else that I should be looking for?

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
Yeah, a good King can lame out and play run away or bait for a CH dp+B/D, and combo accordingly... Patience and knowing when to use f+A helps...

Athena shouldn't have to get to Billy to win, but when she is, Athena is less of a problem imo, but still a threat regardless... She's got fireball, a fast cr.B, dp, command grab, and EX fireball which is almost annoying as Saiki's super. You have to know when to either grab, f+A (there's that magic move again), cr.C, or use the occasional dp+BD (or at least when to bait for it)...

Anybody here have solid info vs Leona??? It sure seems like you should run through her easily, but not with good spacing I can only get a very small amount of damage, and even that is range-dependant. The Leona player plays extremely safe with pokes and such, but that's about it. I can get at least a qcf+A off of her j.D, qcb+A (not sure if that's correct) if blocked, but it does little damage. Any ideas???

How about DP, qcb+P, level 1 / level 2 super, or a hop/jump CD? The last one would be nice if air qcb+P for Leona puts her in a counter-hit state.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

Cynical

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 07:35:36 AM »
Against Kyo, how do you handle repeated blockstring -> HCF + k blockstring ender -> repeat?

The HCF+K is only -1 on block, which means if I try to punish, I've got literally nothing that's fast enough to beat his close C, and I have to be frame perfect to beat his crouching B.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 04:29:39 PM »
Against Kyo, how do you handle repeated blockstring -> HCF + k blockstring ender -> repeat?

The HCF+K is only -1 on block, which means if I try to punish, I've got literally nothing that's fast enough to beat his close C, and I have to be frame perfect to beat his crouching B.

There is a gap between the first and second kick of Kyo's qcf+B. See if you can reversal in between that with his dp+BD or at least his cr. C. Let me know what you find. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Cynical

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »
Ah, I didn't realize there was a gap in the blockstun there.

EX DP works, of course.  Tough to do (seems like it'd probably be nearly impossible online?), and, unfortunately, requires meter.

Crouch C, it's hard to know for certain (since I can't rely on button-hold to get normals out on first possible frame like I can specials), but I couldn't manage to get it out without it getting stuffed.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:56 PM »
Ah, I didn't realize there was a gap in the blockstun there.

EX DP works, of course.  Tough to do (seems like it'd probably be nearly impossible online?), and, unfortunately, requires meter.

Crouch C, it's hard to know for certain (since I can't rely on button-hold to get normals out on first possible frame like I can specials), but I couldn't manage to get it out without it getting stuffed.

You can also try to roll in-between the kicks too. But at most, just blocking and reading the persons blockstrings may be the best and safest option.

Cynical

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:12 PM »
Aren't I pretty much obligated to hit a button (or try to roll-escape, although that technically does require hitting buttons) against this kind of pressure eventually, though?  I mean, if I don't hit a button of some sort either between the two kicks or after the special, there's nothing stopping a Kyo player from just doing a close C -> command normal sweep thing I don't know the name of -> HCF B string forever until he guard-breaks me, getting a combo from the guard break, and then starting the blockstring cycle again on my wakeup.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
Aren't I pretty much obligated to hit a button (or try to roll-escape, although that technically does require hitting buttons) against this kind of pressure eventually, though?  I mean, if I don't hit a button of some sort either between the two kicks or after the special, there's nothing stopping a Kyo player from just doing a close C -> command normal sweep thing I don't know the name of -> HCF B string forever until he guard-breaks me, getting a combo from the guard break, and then starting the blockstring cycle again on my wakeup.

You can blowback if you have meter if you don't want to block it or if you are in fear of getting guard crushed, but if that pressure string is something they do often, you can always try to either roll inbetween the qcf+B kicks or reversal. You have to let him know that there are holes in that string and you will punish him or at least escape safely.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »
Imo, your best bet is to just wait during his strings and as soon as he does upkicks you punish between its two hits with srk.B+D. You could probably do d.C but the problem with that is that the delay in the game (4f for normals 1f for specials) makes it so that you have to be early and more precise with d.C while button hold and a slight bit more time to react makes specials so much more efficient. You can't punish him everytime ofcourse, but you don't have to aslong as you teach him that upkicks on block are actually bad.