Poll

Which 3 chrs do you feel are most effective at 50%?

Andy Bogard
3 (1.8%)
Ash Crimson
2 (1.2%)
Athena Asamiya
3 (1.8%)
Benimaru Nikaido
7 (4.3%)
Billy Kane
0 (0%)
Chin Gentsai
6 (3.7%)
Clark Still
1 (0.6%)
Duo Lon
1 (0.6%)
Elisabeth Branctorche
2 (1.2%)
Goro Daimon
3 (1.8%)
Hwa Jai
20 (12.2%)
Iori Yagami
7 (4.3%)
Joe Higashi
2 (1.2%)
K'
4 (2.4%)
Kim Kaphwan
2 (1.2%)
King
2 (1.2%)
Kula Diamond
3 (1.8%)
Kyo Kusanagi
11 (6.7%)
Leona Heidern
1 (0.6%)
Mai Shiranui
1 (0.6%)
Mature
4 (2.4%)
Maxima
2 (1.2%)
Raiden
4 (2.4%)
Ralf Jones
2 (1.2%)
Robert Garcia
0 (0%)
Ryo Sakazaki
1 (0.6%)
Saiki
2 (1.2%)
Shen Woo
6 (3.7%)
Sie Kensou
0 (0%)
Takuma Sakazaki
26 (15.9%)
Terry Bogard
1 (0.6%)
Vice
5 (3%)
Yuri Sakazaki
2 (1.2%)
Flame Iori
3 (1.8%)
NESTS Kyo
4 (2.4%)
Mr. Karate
21 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: The NEW 50% Character Thread (Tables and Voting on Page 1)  (Read 73844 times)

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW 50% Character Thread (Tables and Voting on Page 1)
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »
If you omit the 2nd qcb+c you only score 468 dmg. You need to do 2 qcb+C's to get the most damage off of the combo.
@Reiki.Kito , what character is that?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 03:24:41 AM »
That's Kula

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 03:45:57 AM »
*insert hatred of Kula quote here*
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
Got one for Benimaru, thanks to this (00:16).

2 Stocks, 1 Drive
j.D, cr.B xx qcf+K > d,u+K [DC 1st hit] qcb+P, qcf2x+AC
Anywhere

Confirm damage please.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:59:57 AM by Aenthin »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Drunk Hwa easily takes the cake here guys.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
Drunk Hwa easily takes the cake here guys.

Well I didn't even factored in Chin's drinking; at least it doesn't cost a stock.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:53:04 AM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »
Hadn't considered that.

Fully drunk Chin could do freaking reckless dmg @_@

Will update table when I get home.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 08:22:03 AM »
5x drunk Chin is not terribly common, to be fair. I mean, I have Hwa drunk basically at all times. Logically it costs less than nothing since Hwa gains back extra meter while in drunk mode.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
5x drunk Chin is not terribly common, to be fair. I mean, I have Hwa drunk basically at all times. Logically it costs less than nothing since Hwa gains back extra meter while in drunk mode.

Be that as it may, unless you're doing the drink super mid combo, you have to find two openings to do the drink super and then land the combo which changes everything.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
I dunno. Chin can just drink on any knockdown, even a hard knockdown. He can duck most fireballs too and his EX rolling punch is fireball invincible.

Look at it like this. Drink, roll punch, drink, j.CD, drink, roll punch, drink, EX Roll punch, drink.

Most of chin's moves knockdown and you can also DC into his drink if you really wanted to. 5 might not be common, but in a match, if you leave Chin alone, he's gonna get there.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »

Be that as it may, unless you're doing the drink super mid combo, you have to find two openings to do the drink super and then land the combo which changes everything.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Why two? Hwa's drunk mode lasts 15 seconds and pretty much all of the combos posted are under 5 or 6 seconds, why would you need a second drink mid-combo? If your drink wears out, just end the combo early with DM. Every single combo that I've posted can be stopped mid-loop to be finished with DM and is quite easy to confirm. Even if you don't land a hit, during your 15 seconds of drunk mode, due to safe pressure and pokes you'll gain back about 2-2.5 meter during those 15 seconds.

But I did post a combo that has a mid-combo drink in it, after a stun. The 100% stun Hwa combo does have a re-drink in it, but you can still do that one so long as you land a hit within 6 seconds of having a drink... just don't start it after that long.

The main difference being that Hwa needs under 1 second to get his power up mode (which has invulnerable activation, by the way), whereas Chin takes around 4? You sacrifice oki up to 5 times and have to basically not get hit for almost the entire round, whereas Hwa can literally just take one drink at the very start of the round and he's ready to start pressuring and comboing.

I mean, go ahead and post 5x drink Chin combos, they're absolutely legitimate combos, I just didn't think they were terribly viable, but maybe I'm wrong. I just thought the whole point of this thread was to show potential with low resources, which I just don't think includes elaborate setups like unrealistic numbers of drink powerups.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:50:35 PM by Matt Alder »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
Well, fireball tactics are viable and that's just sitting around throwing stuff people have to react to. Raiden dropkicks was viable. I don't see why setting up a free power up is not viable.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:45 PM »
Well, they are real combos, and totally worth being listed in here, just don't expect to ever get one off in a real match, since it's just quite a lot more preparation than any other combo listed in the thread so far.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
Andy can get 530 for 1 stock, 1 drive in the corner, and the combo builds (I believe) just over 1 whole stock.  Here goes...

j.C, s.D, f+A, hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+A, dp+A [DC] hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+AC, dp+C.  If this doesn't build more than an entire stock, its like 99% of one, and builds about half of a drive bar, too.

For Claw Iori, 640 for 2 stocks, 1 drive (corner):

j.C, s.C, df+C, qcb+AC, qcb+A, qcb+A, dp+A [DC] qcb+D, qcb+A, qcf,hcb+P.  This also builds most of an entire stock (maybe like 75%), and about half a drive bar. 

Iori can also do j.C, s.C, df+C, dp+C, dp+A [DC] qcb+D, qcb+A, qcf,hcb+AC for 640 in the corner (also 2 stocks, 1 drive).  Hopefully these are actually new.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
Andy can get 530 for 1 stock, 1 drive in the corner, and the combo builds (I believe) just over 1 whole stock.  Here goes...

j.C, s.D, f+A, hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+A, dp+A [DC] hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+AC, dp+C.  If this doesn't build more than an entire stock, its like 99% of one, and builds about half of a drive bar, too.

Same as the one I added I'm afraid (with 1 different move.) The s.D is good for a little extra damage but personally I don't think it's worth potential whiffing of f+A from the extra knockback.

Also the combo does build 1 whole stock, so you can start at 0 :)