Poll

Which 3 chrs do you feel are most effective at 50%?

Andy Bogard
3 (1.8%)
Ash Crimson
2 (1.2%)
Athena Asamiya
3 (1.8%)
Benimaru Nikaido
7 (4.3%)
Billy Kane
0 (0%)
Chin Gentsai
6 (3.7%)
Clark Still
1 (0.6%)
Duo Lon
1 (0.6%)
Elisabeth Branctorche
2 (1.2%)
Goro Daimon
3 (1.8%)
Hwa Jai
20 (12.2%)
Iori Yagami
7 (4.3%)
Joe Higashi
2 (1.2%)
K'
4 (2.4%)
Kim Kaphwan
2 (1.2%)
King
2 (1.2%)
Kula Diamond
3 (1.8%)
Kyo Kusanagi
11 (6.7%)
Leona Heidern
1 (0.6%)
Mai Shiranui
1 (0.6%)
Mature
4 (2.4%)
Maxima
2 (1.2%)
Raiden
4 (2.4%)
Ralf Jones
2 (1.2%)
Robert Garcia
0 (0%)
Ryo Sakazaki
1 (0.6%)
Saiki
2 (1.2%)
Shen Woo
6 (3.7%)
Sie Kensou
0 (0%)
Takuma Sakazaki
26 (15.9%)
Terry Bogard
1 (0.6%)
Vice
5 (3%)
Yuri Sakazaki
2 (1.2%)
Flame Iori
3 (1.8%)
NESTS Kyo
4 (2.4%)
Mr. Karate
21 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: The NEW 50% Character Thread (Tables and Voting on Page 1)  (Read 73852 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW 50% Character Thread (Tables and Voting on Page 1)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:20 PM »
the combo does 519 with s.C instead of s.D at the beginning, right?  I'm inclined to agree that getting ~1% more damage isn't really worth dropping it at the beginning half the time
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:21:40 PM by hiltzy85 »
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 12:36:37 AM »
Don't see this one for Takuma on the list, pretty nasty. From midscreen into the corner.

;uf ;c, ;c, ;fd ;b xx ;dn ;df ;fd ;d, ;db ;a xx ;db ;fd ;b + ;d, ;dn ;df ;fd ;d, ;db ;fd ;b, ;fd ;bk ;fd ;c
DC ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, ;c, ;fd ;b xx ;db ;fd ;d, ;db ;fd ;b, ;db ;fd ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a

766 damage, 1 drive (17% actually...), 1 stock (builds a second)

EDIT: I've changed the combo slightly to take it from 756 to 766, I'm not a Takuma player so still learning stuff as I go.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:44:12 AM by Mienaikage »

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2012, 12:53:53 AM »
...  ;dn ;df ;fd ;d, ;dn ;a ... 
didnt know it yet! :p

Holly s**t! 756 dmg to 1 stock & 1 drive, thats so crazy man!  i love it! lulz xD

KoF 4 EVA

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:32 AM »
5x drunk Chin is not terribly common, to be fair. I mean, I have Hwa drunk basically at all times. Logically it costs less than nothing since Hwa gains back extra meter while in drunk mode.

Be that as it may, unless you're doing the drink super mid combo, you have to find two openings to do the drink super and then land the combo which changes everything.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Why two? Hwa's drunk mode lasts 15 seconds and pretty much all of the combos posted are under 5 or 6 seconds, why would you need a second drink mid-combo? If your drink wears out, just end the combo early with DM. Every single combo that I've posted can be stopped mid-loop to be finished with DM and is quite easy to confirm. Even if you don't land a hit, during your 15 seconds of drunk mode, due to safe pressure and pokes you'll gain back about 2-2.5 meter during those 15 seconds.

But I did post a combo that has a mid-combo drink in it, after a stun. The 100% stun Hwa combo does have a re-drink in it, but you can still do that one so long as you land a hit within 6 seconds of having a drink... just don't start it after that long.

The main difference being that Hwa needs under 1 second to get his power up mode (which has invulnerable activation, by the way), whereas Chin takes around 4? You sacrifice oki up to 5 times and have to basically not get hit for almost the entire round, whereas Hwa can literally just take one drink at the very start of the round and he's ready to start pressuring and comboing.

I mean, go ahead and post 5x drink Chin combos, they're absolutely legitimate combos, I just didn't think they were terribly viable, but maybe I'm wrong. I just thought the whole point of this thread was to show potential with low resources, which I just don't think includes elaborate setups like unrealistic numbers of drink powerups.

I apologize that I wasn't being clear.  I was under the impression that all the combos were listed for the maximum damage possible using 1 drive and X amount of stocks.

I'm assuming, the combos are listed so that when you find yourself in a situation where you can punish and opponent (like a whiffed DP), you can do so with those aforementioned parameters.  Outside of a stun combo, or a mid combo drink, it's impractical to see an opening, then drink real quick (be it Chin or Hwa) and then unleash your 1 drive combo of choice--you just won't have enough time.

I mean, go ahead and post 5x drink Chin combos, they're absolutely legitimate combos, I just didn't think they were terribly viable, but maybe I'm wrong. I just thought the whole point of this thread was to show potential with low resources, which I just don't think includes elaborate setups like unrealistic numbers of drink powerups.

Yeah precisely, drinking beforehand for even Hwa, to me, is impractical when you're in the middle of a battle and you see an opening. 

Otherwise all of Shen's combos can be redone factoring in Explosion which gives him 30% more damage if I recall.

If we're talking about the practicality of getting off in a round, sure, of course you can.  Land any j.CD for either character and get your drink on, but we're not talking about strategy here.  We're talking about 1 drive X stock combos which don't factor in time to do drink beforehand.

I hope I was clear about everything and I have no idea how this got so out of hand.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:05:57 AM by Kane317 »

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »
...  ;dn ;df ;fd ;d, ;dn ;a ...  
didnt know it yet! :p

Holly s**t! 756 dmg to 1 stock & 1 drive, thats so crazy man!  i love it! lulz xD

Added a little more to the combo, also a tweak for an existing one:

Takuma   0   1   651   Corner. 1 stock gained in combo.   Tanner,Ky0

Original: j.D, s.C, f.B, db>f+D, db>f+B, fbf+C (DC) hcb+B, s.C, f.B, db>f+D, db>f+B, qcf,hcb+P = 651
Tweaked: j.C, s.C, f.B, db>f+D, db>f+B, fbf+C (DC) hcb+B, s.C, f.B, db>f+D, db>f+B, db>f+B, qcf,hcb+A = 663

Since there's already a 3 stock 1 drive combo for one character I might as well add this one for Takuma:
j.C, s.C, f.B xx qcf+D, c.A xx db>f+BD, qcf+D, db>f+B, db>f+B, s.C xx fbf+AC (DC) hcb+B, s.C, f.B xx qcf+D, c.A xx db>f+BD, qcf+D, db>f+B, db>f+B, s.C xx fbf+AC (DC) hcb+B, s.C, f.B xx db>f+D, db>f+B, db>f+B = 888 + stun

My plan was to finish on the super because this combo builds an extra 2 stock and 1 drive on top, but to add insult to injury the last hit before the super causes stun. Feel free to hunt for that last bit of damage if you want to save the meter, otherwise just throw a super at them to finish.

If I add Tanner's 0 meter combo after the stun it does 995. Going to see if I can improve on it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:12:46 AM by Mienaikage »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:18 AM »

Well I didn't even factored in Chin's drinking; at least it doesn't cost a stock.

But does Chin have any safe methods of getting drunk?

Because Hwa has at least 2 ways to get drunk and do massive damage: If they do a big jump in, or just do stCD into Drunk Mode. With the blockstun it's almost impossible for anyone to punish him.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 07:36:10 AM »
Well he has time to get a couple of drinks in after QCB+P I believe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 07:36:25 AM »
But does Chin have any safe methods of getting drunk?

I dunno. Chin can just drink on any knockdown, even a hard knockdown. He can duck most fireballs too and his EX rolling punch is fireball invincible.

Look at it like this. Drink, roll punch, drink, j.CD, drink, roll punch, drink, EX Roll punch, drink.

Most of chin's moves knockdown and you can also DC into his drink if you really wanted to. 5 might not be common, but in a match, if you leave Chin alone, he's gonna get there.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »
You really don't use drink as a reaction for Hwa, I don't understand why it would be seen that way. You should just be drunk at all times, there's absolutely no downside at all. Basically a situation where you could get one drink in with Chin, Hwa can take his drink, but rather than creating that situation 5 times, he only has to create it once.

I've actually started combos a few (not many, as it's quite risky) times by exploiting the HUGE number of invulnerable frames on Hwa's drink. You can basically just go through many pressure tools or certain oki setups with drink and then recover before the opponent and start a combo with c.C or whatever (think GGXX Dragon Install, for GG players). For example I've gone through Kula's Ice Breath and Maxima's Vapor Cannon via drink (it has more invulnerable frames than his shoryu, even) and punished with a free hit.

I never said not to include the Chin combos, I'm just saying that they should be taken with a grain of salt, as they are indeed possible, just not likely to be seen. Hwa's powerup SHOULD be basically turned on for 90% or more of the match, whereas Shen doesn't quite start matches with CABC and then go looking for a combo and then instantly activate CABC again when it ends, and Chin doesn't immediately power up to 5 drinks at the start of the match. Hwa SHOULD in fact drink at the very start of every round and stay near permanently drunk, and he doesn't even lose his powerup when he gets hit.

As far as theoretical combos go, I don't think anyone's damage can match Chin, so go ahead and list that crazy potential. I mean, it's in the game, so it certainly counts. I just don't want people to get afraid that Chin is broken because he can get some ridiculous 900 damage combos for 1 drive and 1 stock or something. He will have the highest numbers in the whole thread, most likely, but I still wouldn't classify him as the most cost-effective character in the game in terms of actual play. It's pretty easy to say that the throne for that one belongs to Takuma and Hwa.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:38:46 AM by Matt Alder »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
Matt, once again, you're coming from a gameplay/strategy perspective and yes, Hwa can definitely get drinks in very feasibly in a match, but we're not talking about matches--we're talking about raw damages here.  I'm saying, if you set the CPU to do 1 hit guard+jump--drink combos don't work ( outside of stun combos ).

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:28 AM »
Matt, once again, you're coming from a gameplay/strategy perspective and yes, Hwa can definitely get drinks in very feasibly in a match, but we're not talking about matches--we're talking about raw damages here.  I'm saying, if you set the CPU to do 1 hit guard+jump--drink combos don't work ( outside of stun combos ).

Can't you use it to free juggle someone? Like after a knock-up hit, you super cancel into it or something? Anyway, that's beside the point.

How about this? Why don't we list Chin like he's two/three characters? The chin combo when he has no meter, the chin combo when he has reasonable amount of drunkness (2-3 drinks), and max potential (4-5 drinks). Anyone who has the opportunity would score a hard knockdown on Chin, but 5 in a row? That's a little more difficult than people give credit for. I think he should be included in that capacity.

I am not very good with Chin, but I wouldn't mind helping check combos if only for fun.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:31 PM »
Here's the BnB MadKof uses a lot with Duolon:

1 stock, 1 drive (anywhere on the screen):
Jump in, sC, f+A, qcf+Ax2 [DC] f+AC, sC, f+A, qcf+Ax3, qcf+B, sC

Does around 427 damage and the final sC gives you mixup oppurtunity. Tried it and stole it.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »
Got one for Benimaru, thanks to this (00:16).

2 Stocks, 1 Drive
j.D, cr.B xx qcf+K > d,u+K [DC 1st hit] qcb+P, qcf2x+AC
Anywhere

Confirm damage please.

478, Anywhere.  Working my way down...

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
Mr. Karate 101 - A King of Fighters XIII Combo Video by Humbag

I'd dissect this but I'm too lazy at the moment. Lol!
Enjoy.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2012, 01:37:04 PM »
Andy can get 530 for 1 stock, 1 drive in the corner, and the combo builds (I believe) just over 1 whole stock.  Here goes...

j.C, s.D, f+A, hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+A, dp+A [DC] hcf+B (BD), db,f+A, db,f+AC, dp+C.  If this doesn't build more than an entire stock, its like 99% of one, and builds about half of a drive bar, too.

Same as the one I added I'm afraid (with 1 different move.) The s.D is good for a little extra damage but personally I don't think it's worth potential whiffing of f+A from the extra knockback.

Also the combo does build 1 whole stock, so you can start at 0 :)

Since you guys agree. Put you both on there.

Everything should be updated up until this point. - gimme a shout if I missed anything.

Some massive contributions by all - Mienai, lemme know if you figure out how to kill with that ;)