Author Topic: Ougon Musou Kyoku  (Read 3286 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Ougon Musou Kyoku
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »
I've been getting a lot into Umineko no naku koro ni lately. While trying to find gameplay vids for the VN, I came across this. And I loved watching this game in action. Probably the doujin FG I like best right now.

Not entirely unrelated, but this is what got me into Umineko in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:15:21 PM by marchefelix »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ougon Musou Kyoku
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »
I remember when it first came out, I played it for hours and hours on end. We thought the best combo was ABC>touch>ABC>meta>ABC>super lol. Touch is an interesting mechanic and so are the individual abilities. Beatrice is probably my favorite character in SEACATS, both VN and FG (dat Infinite SP). Meta cockblock is pretty hilarious. CROSS is out for X360, but JP only. The PC version has a patch and append disc that brings most of the game mechanics up to par with the port and adds a few (but not all) characters.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:48:13 AM »
Yeah I played this for quite a bit... The combos did seem repetitive though, and I don't see awhole lot of depth in the game... I haven't played since the patch, but I am willing to take the plunge... At the very least it will get people ready to grind out SFxT combos...

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 04:59:28 AM »
Well, the game definitely has evolved since the initial release. Thanks to patches to the gameplay and playtime with the game, the game has gotten a lot more interesting.

Ougon Musou Kyoku CROSS Combo exhibition

This is from the appended sequel of the PC version which added OTG property to the game, air blocking, and new characters. The combos can get a little ridiculous, but, if you meta-deny, you can keep things in check. This game is really meter management heavy since your touch gauge, meta gauge, and both primary and partner SP gauges are pretty much intertwined, not only for offensive but defensive purposes as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:28:57 AM by FataCon »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
(When I get around to playing the game) My team will be Kanon and Shannon, the best anime butler and maid team ever.

Hayate and Maria get old really quick...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 07:22:23 AM »
Necrobump, but only because I finally got around to playing this game. It's so freaking awesome! I tried a bit of every character and I don't know who to put in my team anymore. Lucifer, Shannon, Jessica, and Bernkastel all look appealing to me.

I want to get better at it, but it won't be possible as long as I'm playing it on my laptop. I can't do anything that requires two buttons or more because of it. Also, is there a way to assign different keys to the controls? I don't really like the default keys assigned.