Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Is the X-Arcade Button Layout good for Neogeo Games?

Started by Supreme Warrior, February 07, 2012, 12:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supreme Warrior

I Wish to buy X-Arcade Dual Arcade stick but im a little bit worried about the button layout since it is not in a 4 button row,

Also is it worth the money ?  I really want a quality Arcade stick for my PC and for $100 that seems pretty reasonable.

nilcam

It's not a very good stick. The PCB is laggy, the parts are cheap Happ clones and the sticks are too close to each other. I bought one and gave up on it rather quickly.

Supreme Warrior

Quote from: nilcam on February 07, 2012, 03:37:33 PM
It's not a very good stick. The PCB is laggy, the parts are cheap Happ clones and the sticks are too close to each other. I bought one and gave up on it rather quickly.

Thanks for the heads up niicam.

I came across this Fighting stick and hope it may be a better alternative,

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Fighting-Stick-Nintendo/dp/B000SKLUXS/ref=sr_1_37?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1328636459&sr=1-37

After reading the reviews it seems to be a decent stick with a proper layout and Will work with a classic controller to PC converter.

Running Wild

If you got the money for a X-Arcade Dual Stick, you should just get a TE, Qanba, HRAP VX-SA, or an EightArc.

nilcam

If you want a stick that works easily with PC, there's this one: http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Fighting-Stick-V3-Playstation-3/dp/B0057WDBHA/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1328642253&sr=1-1

It's PS3 and PC compatible, no muss, no fuss. That Wii stick is all Hori parts and it pretty decent. It's definitely better than X Arcade.

Supreme Warrior

Thanks a ton for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it.

RunningWild, im kinda on a tight budget and was only going to get the X Arcade Since it is on sale for $100 and is 2 Sticks in one.

I guess il just go with niicams advice and grab the Hori for Wii and use it via the Classic controller to PC converter.

In a few months I may attempt to build my own stick and im sure you guys know of some noob friendly guides on doing so?

Running Wild

I thought X-Arcade's Dual Stick was like 200 and the single was 100?

Supreme Warrior

Quote from: Running Wild on February 08, 2012, 12:59:33 AM
I thought X-Arcade's Dual Stick was like 200 and the single was 100?

http://www.xgaming.com/store/category/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/

the Single is no longer being sold and the Twin is temporarily $100, the trackball model is $200 which is nuts.

I would of grabbed the twin because thats like $50 each for 2 sticks in one but the button placement is not what i was looking for.

I just learned about a Solderless PCB kit called Cthulhu , its not too expensive and seems to be the best bet on making a Arcade Stick.

Running Wild

I wonder why they discontinued the single. I dunno how adding a trackball justifies it being worth 200 though lol.

But yeah, X-Arcade is pretty bad from what I hear from other players. I almost bought one myself a long time ago, but ended up getting a Tekken 5 RAP instead, which was a decent entry level stick for it's time.

Supreme Warrior

The Hori Wii Fight Stick and converter came today, very decent stick I must say for $33.

has to be the best cheap method so far.