Author Topic: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations  (Read 6035 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
I know there's a pretty strong following for the Naruto manga in the fighting game community so this seems appropriate.

Sometimes I feel like a simple fighting game with over-the-top action and excitement. That's when I play Ultimate Ninja Storm games. The new iteration will have a new combo system and, for the first time in UNS, a cancel system. This game also features some of the nicest 3D graphics ever!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »
i hated playing as tenten in uns2 hopefully they will change it so she can do something at close range

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
Dude...it's Tenten.  She's so bad she's an insult to Dan and Roll Tier.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
I miss the days, back when NH3 was the pinnacle of the series tournament viability. Meter management for KnJ/KnJ-deny, shuriken cancels (made characters like Minato really strong because of guard breaking), taunt/requirement specific buffs, and 3 ougis per character. The Accel series had to ruin it with spammable assists (some tournaments ran with R1-less controllers so you couldn't call assists LOL)

The UN series really changed it up and, at first, I was pretty disappointed that they simplified a lot of the game's mechanics. However, it looks like they're starting to take steps in the right direction, so color me interested for now.

Also, I'm mad at the lack of Anko (outside of being a DLC assist char). Character specific ougi buff (Orochimaru) was GDLK.

Dude...it's Tenten.  She's so bad she's an insult to Dan and Roll Tier.

Only Konohamaru and Hanabi are in that tier.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:09:35 PM by FataCon »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »
Dude...it's Tenten.  She's so bad she's an insult to Dan and Roll Tier.
shut up shes like the only person i dont really find annoying in naruto also is shizune in this game? i know she hasn't been important since ever but still

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Of course you don't find her annoying.  She'd actually have to be relevant to be annoying.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:02 PM »
Of course you don't find her annoying.  She'd actually have to be relevant to be annoying.
ok you got me there

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:02 PM »
TO be fair, Tenten has a crush on Rock Lee, making her one of the few girls in the series with sense. Sakura and Hinata have some serious issues; one's in love with a guy who threatened to kill her and, in all honestly, Naruto is about the dullest knife in the drawer.

That said, Tenten is a blast in the Wii series; dropping weapons during a combo to use other weapons is pretty badass. She also had a really good in-close game.

There is a demo of Generations on the Japanese PSN store. It's very cool; you get to play as Naruto and Sage Mode Naruto.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 11:49:40 PM »
TO be fair, Tenten has a crush on Rock Lee, making her one of the few girls in the series with sense.

She used to like Sasuke, but she couldn't resist the Springtime of Youth.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 11:56:14 PM »
I played a demo of the last game, thought it was dull as hell. The game shares the same problem alot of anime games have, quantity of characters over quality (See DBZ Tenkaichi).

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »
sasuke more liek sasga........................................i got nothing

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
Well I would assume Sakura gave up that one when Sasuke "King of Hax" Uchiha decided to try and use her as a sharpening tool for his Chidori.

As for Naruto, he maybe a bit on the...low end of the intelligence spectrum, but you can't say he doesn't know what needs to be done at the right time.  His instinct and battle tactics almost rival Shikamaru in sheer brilliance and effectiveness.  And unlike Sasuke, when Naruto gets his hax, it usually STILL isn't close to a free win and he has to work for it.  So any stupidity he makes up for in daily life by way of ignorance he makes up for elsewhere where he has great moments of clarity.

Plus you know...Friendship no Jutsu and the fact that if girls can't fall for dumb guys the world's population would probably be cut in half (...possibly for the better but still).

Plus it never seemed that Sakura never really got past the whole schoolgirl crush phase of her love of the douche, not that she ever really had time to.  Now any love she has for Sasuke immediately turns into guilt for putting Naruto through LITERAL hell in trying to get his ass back.  Plus like I said...think that whole thing ended with the whole murder attempt.  Hinata...yeah, she decided to go face to face against (at the time) the biggest badass the shinobi world had ever seen just to save Naruto, and decided then to confess.

Tenten...crush on Lee...yeah I'm sure Neji will just pull a robbery on that one.  Not that it matters, it seems like more of a loss than anything to have Tenten go after you.  Imagine the misfortune in your life...think of the children...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 12:09:08 AM »
tbh i always thought tenten had a crush on neji but i haven't watched or read anything naruto related in like 3 years

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 01:31:53 AM »
Again, it doesn't matter, Tenten is filler.  As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't exist, you might as well put in Faceless Ninja #12 on Neji's team and you'll get the same function.

Titus Groan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »
I haven't played any Naruto games in a long time but this one seems like fun.

How are the specials handled? When I played it right analog stick based.