Author Topic: Warriors Orochi 3  (Read 1056 times)

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Warriors Orochi 3
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
I was surprised the moment they announced a new Warriors Orochi game at first. Given that the series lasted three years without a true sequel, we did see a spin off two years earlier in the form of Warriors Orochi Z.

For PS3 owners, if you are getting the American version, you are out of luck. My advice? get the European or Japanese versions of the game if you want it as a retail disc. Xbox 360 owners are in luck because they don't have the same policies as Sony when it comes to audio.

The voice acting in Warriors Orochi 3 hasn't been localized into English: the audio for the entire game is in Japanese, with English subtitles. Sean Corcoran, Marketing Manager for Tecmo Koei America, told me last week that Sony doesn't allow games without English voice acting to be released in the West on retail discs. So PS3 owners will have to buy the game on the PlayStation Store; Corcoran said that the download will cost less than $59.99, but Tecmo Koei hasn't yet decided how much less.
I don't know why Sony is so strict when it comes to localization, maybe they want all foreign games to include both Japanese and English voiceovers? Seems like it to me. That same above reason was why I was concerned that the PS3 version of KOF XIII could of been released as a PSN title before release (I am not sure how SNK was able to bypass that).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:40:04 PM by Mikel »