Author Topic: getting thrown out of jump-ins  (Read 2314 times)

Latino Link

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
getting thrown out of jump-ins
« on: February 21, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
So I notice something about myself today I seem to get thrown out of my jump in if i didn't get a deep enough hit and usually i end up screw up the timing to break the throw, but even when i do i lost the advantage of the pressure game. So my question is there ways of mixing it up on the throw happy opponents so that their response isn't always to throw at every jump in?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: getting thrown out of jump-ins
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:57:52 AM »
So I notice something about myself today I seem to get thrown out of my jump in if i didn't get a deep enough hit and usually i end up screw up the timing to break the throw, but even when i do i lost the advantage of the pressure game. So my question is there ways of mixing it up on the throw happy opponents so that their response isn't always to throw at every jump in?

You could delay your fall by doing an air special with characters like Maxima, Kensou, K', Mai, etc. You can also just do an empty hop and throw them. If you feel you're going to get thrown, you can also tech the throw. You can tech throws just as easy as if you were on the ground because you had to be on the ground anyway to be thrown. It's important to realize though when you hit too high.

If you can hit it deep, you can combo into a light move. You can pressure people by doing a deep hop-in, two light normals, run up quickly, cancel your run into two low light normals, and then jump again. You'll be surprised how useful that can be.

Latino Link

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
I do realize that i need to get a deeper hit i just want ways to discourage my opponent to throw because i know that's what he is going for. the fake jump might be a good option.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:21 AM »
@ Latino Link, I wrote a detailed explanation of getting thrown out of jump ins here:
http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2033.msg46065#msg46065

I hope this helps!
In it to win it!

necronomiCRON

• Rising Dragon
  • SNKtheist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »
I misread your post op. Try empty hopping into a grab on occasion. You also have to realize that it's about putting your opponent into a move that creates the most stun. You don't want your opponent to be able to react before your move ends.

The more pressure you can apply without them being able to react is key to having a sharp game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:48:07 PM by necronomiCRON »
Just Don't look in the trunk...