Author Topic: New player from the UK  (Read 1777 times)

WilboFraggins

• New Challenger
  • PSN: Wilbo_Fraggins
    • View Profile
New player from the UK
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:40:27 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've been into fighting games since I was a kid but never really got into KoF due to the arcades around me only having street fighter cabinets. I started on Street Fighter 2 and used to play quite a bit of SF4 at a decent level but since trying KoF13 I've been converted. Its the only fighting game I play now :). I'm still very much a beginner but I'm looking to improve my game and am always up for a match as its the best way to learn. Look forward to playing some of you in the future!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: New player from the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 06:13:04 AM »
Welcome Wilbo. Glad 13 has converted you. This is one of the best places to be as a beginner looking to level-up; hopefully you'll find other players here, check out all the resources and wiki, and enjoy yourself. I'd hope a lot of other players in the UK are getting into 13 just as much.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »
Good stuff Wilbo and the UK scene could always use an uprising ;)

Welcome to DC man

WilboFraggins

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
Thanks guys, DC has already helped me a lot just getting a few basic combos down and learning some of the mechanics. Hopefully will find some good matches too. Online I've mostly had poor connections or I'm matched against someone with a lot of matches under their belt. I don't mind that as its great to learn from better players but it would be nice to play people around my level occasionally.

I think KoF is definitely on the up in the UK, its just such a well balanced and fun fighter I can only see more and more people getting into it.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »
Totally agree. We've got peeps of all levels here.

Feel free to jot yourself down here:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=557.60

We're working towards easily finding people by location on this particular thread.

So, info should end up here when someone updates this.
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Netplay

^From the 'Netplay' link on the homepage - this is great bc you can find people by name or by location at the bottom.

WilboFraggins

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:25:17 PM »
Thanks BioBooster, thats great to know about. Have put my details in the thread and will start adding people and hopefully get some good matches this weekend :)