Author Topic: Dear SNK...  (Read 9423 times)

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
Dear SNK...
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:13 PM »
In a recent interview one of the SNK devs mentioned that they read forums and various websites to see what people think about the game.  I don't know if this includes English websites, or if they read this one, but I thought I'd write a little something just in case they do.

Dear SNK,

KOF13 is a great game, probably the best in the series to date (in my opinion).  I got 4 of my online friends to buy it and was very excited to teach them the game, but unfortunately there are some major obstacles in doing that.  I just want to suggest a few things that would improve the experience:

1:  Add an online practice mode that functions identically to offline.  I feel like this is absolutely crucial to teaching a new player the game.  There's so much to learn in KOF and it can't be taught easily with the limited health and constant character switching that happens in 3v3 online matches. 

2:  Add online 1v1 with best of out of 5.  2002UM featured this, why doesn't 13?  My friends complain that it's too hard to learn 3 characters at once when they don't yet understand the basics of the game.  This is a fair point.  For beginners it is much easier to learn 1 character at a time than 3.

3:  Add lobbies and spectator mode so online friends can watch how the game is supposed to be played.  My newbie friends complain that they can't watch me fight other people to understand the pacing and flow of the game.  There is YouTube, but this is a more detached method of learning than seeing something first hand and being able to ask about it (via XBL parties).

4:  Work on the online a little more.  North American cross continent play is still poor.  I convinced a west coast friend to buy the game but we can't get an enjoyable online experience (I'm east coast).

Of the 4 people I got to buy the game, 0 play it.  I feel like they would have given it more of a chance if only these features were implemented.

Other than that, thanks for the great game, SNK!
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Dear SNK...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
^^ NO patch can ever add these in, I really want a update in the vein of SSFIV AE, I'll easily pay $15 to $40 for them to give it brand new netcode that works with all the nick nacks that is expected since 2005 and at most 3 additional character, other than that wait for kof xiv in the near future

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 06:43:10 AM »
Up!!
+10 @JennyCage!

I approve this! And I second all of your points mentioned!

Dear SNKP, thanks in advance, for what you can do! :)

KoF 4 EVA

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
I agree.  It's a lot easier to learn character match ups when you are able to do 1v1 matches between the characters.  This is definitely something I wish I knew more about, and having 1v1, best of 5 matches online would help that a lot.  This would more or less be online practice mode, for all intents and purposes, if you could set gauges to max at the start of the match like you can in offline versus mode.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Angel Shiranui

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28:56 AM »
Up!!
+10 @JennyCage!

I approve this! And I second all of your points mentioned!

Dear SNKP, thanks in advance, for what you can do! :)
And I approve of Angel getting added as DLC on KOF 13

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
And I approve of Angel getting added as DLC on KOF 13
Since Mai is in the game, I approve this one too!  xP

KoF 4 EVA

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
Stop asking for anything because kof is done.Unless you play with someone across the street the netcode is garbage, if you have a local scene  good for you.With the new fighting games coming soon people will go where the competition is and where netcode really delivers.Games like this take too much time to learn ... so why the hell would someone relatively new to kof would spend so much time to learn it when he doesn t have anyone to play against, train or tournaments to go to?

ps: also asking for new dlc is really stupid...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:07:04 PM by KBlackNoah »

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
How are there no tournaments for KOFXIII?  It's still one of the big games at EVO...I would hardly say that makes it a dead game that nobody wants to learn
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
How are there no tournaments for KOFXIII?  It's still one of the big games at EVO...I would hardly say that makes it a dead game that nobody wants to learn
i think he means just in your area not in general 

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
I'd just take what he said as a matter of opinion and continue on with what you were doing.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »
Stop asking for anything because kof is done.Unless you play with someone across the street the netcode is garbage, if you have a local scene  good for you.With the new fighting games coming soon people will go where the competition is and where netcode really delivers.Games like this take too much time to learn ... so why the hell would someone relatively new to kof would spend so much time to learn it when he doesn t have anyone to play against, train or tournaments to go to?

ps: also asking for new dlc is really stupid...

The netcode isn't garbage.  3 bars and up are extremely playable on Xbox.  I'm in Canada and I'm able to play a guy in Texas who's on wireless and I can still do HD combos and everything else reliably except the strictest 1-2 frame links.  It's just not good for cross continent or intercontinental play, and it's extremely sensitive to unstable/bad connections... which is what you likely have.  Don't tell me I don't know what lag is either, I was used to GGPO so I have a good sense of what's acceptable for online.  I will say wireless is generally a no-no, though.

There are tournaments, and there are players to play online... even if they're harder to find, they're still there.  As for why people would spend time learning a complicated game that's not as popular as MVC/AE?  Maybe because it's a great game and really fun?

Take your negativity elsewhere, Mr. Crankypants.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:10:55 PM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »
Dude netcode is garbage and unstable not my internet connexion.... that is why you can rarely find people to play online..at least on the ps3.Only good connexion is with a dude who lives a few km from me LMAO.

my local connexion
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1811564312.png

with france
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1811567901.png

Imput lag kills the game that is why nobody plays online...nah just forget.Have fun at the tournaments and that no lag online you have LMAO
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:42:47 PM by KBlackNoah »

nax

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Dude netcode is garbage and unstable not my internet connexion.... that is why you can rarely find people to play online..at least on the ps3.Only good connexion is with a dude who lives a few km from me LMAO.

Imput lag kills the game that is why nobody plays online...nah just forget.Have fun at the tournaments and that no lag online you have LMAO

sounds like someone who got owned pretty quickly to me.

maybe you should actually play a bit instead of cry so much that the internet is terrible, and realize that kof will be at every major tournament up to evo this year.

but thanks for playing

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »
Sounds you talk a lot of shit

How the fuck is evo or those majors gonna make my experience with the game better.Go on with dear playmore ... i am really sorry for disturbing  :(

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:35:56 PM by KBlackNoah »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
oh boy seems like some of the new people dont know KBN that well