Author Topic: Dear SNK...  (Read 9416 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dear SNK...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 01:57:30 AM »

That's about all I can say on the KBlackNoah topic.

In all seriousness, I expect something more to come out. They're getting MLG coverage, they're releasing an arcade port of their console game, and it's at EVO. Plenty of people are going to keep playing so having these suggestions aren't bad.

However, it's unlikely they'll act on it right now. I'm fairly certain what bothers us at this particular moment isn't the first thing on their minds.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:00:01 AM by Reiki.Kito »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 04:23:58 AM »
@Reiki.Kito you have no heart
@ Xxenace - i still love you - no homo

@ everybodyelse - play on

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »

@ everybodyelse - play on

And you, move on.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »

rcorporon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 05:43:30 AM »

1:  Add an online practice mode that functions identically to offline.  I feel like this is absolutely crucial to teaching a new player the game.  There's so much to learn in KOF and it can't be taught easily with the limited health and constant character switching that happens in 3v3 online matches. 

This is what I'd really like.  I'm new to KoF (SF player mainly) and would love to be able to jump into a practice room with infinite time / health and get to learn the basics with somebody.
Games I Play:
SSFIV: AE Main: Cody
KoF XIII Team: haven't decided yet

PSN: Yewni
XBL: Yewni

Hungry Color

• New Challenger
  • Bread N' Butter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
In a recent interview one of the SNK devs mentioned that they read forums and various websites to see what people think about the game.  I don't know if this includes English websites, or if they read this one, but I thought I'd write a little something just in case they do.

Dear SNK,

KOF13 is a great game, probably the best in the series to date (in my opinion).  I got 4 of my online friends to buy it and was very excited to teach them the game, but unfortunately there are some major obstacles in doing that.  I just want to suggest a few things that would improve the experience:

1:  Add an online practice mode that functions identically to offline.  I feel like this is absolutely crucial to teaching a new player the game.  There's so much to learn in KOF and it can't be taught easily with the limited health and constant character switching that happens in 3v3 online matches. 

2:  Add online 1v1 with best of out of 5.  2002UM featured this, why doesn't 13?  My friends complain that it's too hard to learn 3 characters at once when they don't yet understand the basics of the game.  This is a fair point.  For beginners it is much easier to learn 1 character at a time than 3.

3:  Add lobbies and spectator mode so online friends can watch how the game is supposed to be played.  My newbie friends complain that they can't watch me fight other people to understand the pacing and flow of the game.  There is YouTube, but this is a more detached method of learning than seeing something first hand and being able to ask about it (via XBL parties).

Number 1 and 2 seem like the best ideas to me. And number is something I think I wanted without even realizing it, haha.

It certainly would be good for learning every member of your team.