Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43383 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
Just to say Kensou seems to be one of the top tier of this game :

He has his rekkas
His rdp.B is buff as hell, fully invincible (the best dp of the game from frionel)
His "dive kick" move is positive on block
He can do d.B,d.B,s.B,s.C to confirm his hd mode
He has his SDM command throw
Best hadotrap of the game
He can combo after a throw in corner (with a rdp.K then DC etc)
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »
That and MichelS is just a beast with pressure.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Stop making me want to choose Kensou over Duo T_T.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:57 AM »

I never heard about this, a la Chin style?

That and MichelS is just a beast with pressure.

Get ready, the Frenchman is moving to NorCal real soon, expect him to be in the ranbats.  He also expressed interest in coming down to SoCal once a month or something.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »

I never heard about this, a la Chin style?

Exactly.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
OMG... that's insane... chin/kensou got crazy corner game with regular throws then... i don't know who has the better opportunity afterwards... i know chin can get crazy with 1 drive + 1 meter... kensou can probably get rdp+D, DC, air qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+C,C, qcf+C,C, rdp+B...???
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 04:54:09 AM »
I had almost given up on Kensou... I really liked him when XIII first came out... But he kinda turned stale after playing him for a few weeks... Eventually stopped playing him... But oh man... With the console changes, he is on the verge of being my new favourite character...

- new b&b is where its at... cr.B, s.B, s.C, *link* cr.B, (rekka, DC, DM) or (rdp.D, DC, air-qcb.C, *free cancel* DM)
- new command grab DM is an awesome addition... opens up a whole new gameplay...
- from rumors he can combo after regular throw in the corner...
- apparently air qcb.P is safer...
- better FB recovery...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
Simply put, he's a much more dangerous character when zoning and is just as dangerous up close.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 06:51:39 AM »
First page updated with console changes.

---

*Air EX qcb.P starts up faster
*s.B>C is now a target combo. Follow ups possible after it hits.
*His punch super is now a 1 frame throw
*When air qcb.P hits, it can be canceled with a special or greater
*His fb’s recovery time is improved

Yamamoto:
Aside from being a good way to disrupt guard, his punch super can be used effectively to catch opponents who roll past his fb. His fb game has improved and can be used as a central strategy now that the recovery is better. His air qcb.P can be cancelled with any special and the new s.B>C target combo can be linked by following with c.B or s.D. I recommend using these changes aggressively along with his fb whilst minding distances.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
This character is so damn good, was highly effective online with him as well.

My old fireball tactics from 2k2 work great, so lots of fireballs mixed in with sweeps and normals canceled into more fireballs. The super is great for mixing it up when they start trying hard to get in via rolls and jumps.

Unlike his 2k2 version though this Kensou is very combo capable and can dish out good damage. His dp gives you forever to DC into air special and then follow up further.

His EX DP is so damn good, fast and simply excellent damage.

For some reason I'm having a lot of trouble doing his rekkas, either it stops after the first hit or drive cancels into the DP+P move. Gets on my nerves cuz I was really looking forward to these.

His normals are really good and very fast (his sweep has hella range) and the character feels like he can travel the screen really fast.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
Do consistent rekkas, don't mash or you won't be happy.  Just have a nice rhythm to it.

But yeah, Kensou's top 5, if not top 3.  Has so many tools.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that I often have to input things slower than I'm used to in this game.

Don't know about tops yet, damn near everybody seems highly effective in this game. Balance feels spot on so far.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
kensou is looking pretty good i don't know about top five though, definitely close to it.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that I often have to input things slower than I'm used to in this game.

Don't know about tops yet, damn near everybody seems highly effective in this game. Balance feels spot on so far.

I agree with you on the balance, but I'm sure Kensou's in the top.  Not only does he have a HIGHLY effective FB/DP game, he has really easy hit confirms into solid damage which can lead into the corner, he can get you into the corner rather easily, and once there he will RAPE you.  Against a good Kensou in the corner you better be praying, ESPECIALLY if he has meter.  One wrong guess, you lose at least 20-25% life and he still has you in the corner.  And he has SO many options in the corner that you probably WILL guess wrong.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
I agree with you on the balance, but I'm sure Kensou's in the top.  Not only does he have a HIGHLY effective FB/DP game, he has really easy hit confirms into solid damage which can lead into the corner, he can get you into the corner rather easily, and once there he will RAPE you.  Against a good Kensou in the corner you better be praying, ESPECIALLY if he has meter.  One wrong guess, you lose at least 20-25% life and he still has you in the corner.  And he has SO many options in the corner that you probably WILL guess wrong.

Yeah but a lot can be said of other characters as well. What if Kyo gets in on you? You will dream of getting away with just 20-25% damage. What if Athena is reflecting your fireballs all day? Not only is her reflector really fast to come out but it ends really fast as well so she can slap you some more right after your own fireball hits you.

Same with K', Kim, Andy, Yuri, Iori, Kula, Chin etc., they can do well against him as well I think (all have easy hit confirms and higher damage output). If the opponent has meter then keeping them in the corner won't be easy either between the blow back, EX moves and supers.

So yeah, Kensou is extremely solid but I wouldn't go adding him to A+ class just yet.