King of Fighters XIII > Sie Kensou

Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)

<< < (2/28) > >>

krazykone123:

Some good Kensou footage here, his backstep command looks pretty cool since he can use it to quickly cancel st./cr. normals, anyone got some information to share?

SAB-CA:
So, with all the play of Sie from yesterdays videos, a few questions came to mind:

>> Are his EX Rekka's worth using? You really don't see it that often, and I guess this is just because they use him as a battery, but it's a shame to see so underutilized.

>> No one uses Ryubokko: ;fd ;dn ;df  ;a /  ;c or the DM variant (Super Punch Drill). Why not? They easily seem like easy/cheap give Kensou solid ways to stuff on some damage, and cancelling from the regular version into DM version seems like it's be a great way to cause even serious pain. or Maybe from the Rekka's into the EX version of Ryubokko?

>> Can he combo any jump-ins on grounded opponents into Ryusogeki ( ;dn ;db ;bk  ;a /  ;c in air ), especially EX? Or is the start up too slow? Any Post-EX version combo possibilities on grounded opponents, or is this only possible when it's used to juggle aerial opponents?

And a random note, , a Kensou hit a bit more than a character space away, hit with Chokyudan, and then used Sikuzanryukyaku ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;b /  ;d) to land a quick 3 hit combo. No cancels or anything. Didn't think his fireball recovery was fast enough to pull something like that off. Makes me wonder if he has eny other potential with moves on fireball hit.

Any insights into any of this, or more, would be good! ^_^

Rex Dart:

--- Quote from: SAB-CA on October 27, 2010, 06:34:30 AM ---
>> Are his EX Rekka's worth using? You really don't see it that often, and I guess this is just because they use him as a battery, but it's a shame to see so underutilized.

--- End quote ---

I can't answer most of your questions, but I think his "normal rekkas -(DC)-> ex rekkas -> kick finish" is a useful combo. Decent damage for mid-screen, one bar and 50% drive, and does a lot to push the opponent back.

Rex Dart:
So I'm adding some info to the Wiki, and realize I don't know the name of Kensou's throw. I've looked around, but can't find it anywhere.

Would anyone be able to help out?

Edit: Here's the current Kensou page:

http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sie_Kensou_%28XIII%29

krazykone123:

--- Quote from: Rex Dart on November 21, 2010, 07:28:24 PM ---So I'm adding some info to the Wiki, and realize I don't know the name of Kensou's throw.
--- End quote ---

It's Ryuhoutsu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version