Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43037 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:42 PM »
From the Japanese bbs - 100% Combo HD combo, 5 supers

(corner) j.D, C -> BC, C -> rdp+B (1hit) -> HDC qcb+C -> HDC qcbx2+AC, [rdp+B (3hits) -> HDC air qcb+C, qcb+A] x2, rdp+B (2hit) -> MC Neomax

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
In what situations would you use Kensou's dp+P multi-punch move? I never see any one use it during matches.

Actually, I could say the same thing for his qcf+K (standalone) move. Is it ever a good punish?

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 03:25:46 AM »
In what situations would you use Kensou's dp+P multi-punch move? I never see any one use it during matches.

Actually, I could say the same thing for his qcf+K (standalone) move. Is it ever a good punish?

My friend loves using the dp+P attack. Always seemed funny. xD
Gameplay wise, I'm not sure how good it is in serious games.

qcf+k does make a good punish and the EX version does make him jump earlier, making it a better punish. The problem with it is that you'll lack juggle combo options afterwards. For example, you could have done an rdp+K [DC] qcb+P combo instead.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 06:09:45 PM »
Any tips for DCing his rdp+K move into (air)qcb+P?

I've had the best luck canceling his rdp+D on the third hit into qcb+C, but can't get the timing down consistently.

Following this DC up with his fireball DM seems to offer good midscreen damage, especially with his EX DM. If only I could get the timing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
Any tips for DCing his rdp+K move into (air)qcb+P?

I've had the best luck canceling his rdp+D on the third hit into qcb+C, but can't get the timing down consistently.

Following this DC up with his fireball DM seems to offer good midscreen damage, especially with his EX DM. If only I could get the timing.

The Answer plays him enough to know the timing, but I remember when I messed around with him you just cancel it when you're high enough (but not the last few hits).  I don't remember the timing being strict but I don't play him often and maybe I got lucky.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
tried out Kensou today... and damn he is awesome... i never liked him before... but now he is fast and has good tools... was trying out his corner combo from the combo video posted a little while back... it's kinda hard but it's really awesome... nearly 50% for 1 drive and 1 super meter... not to mention that it completely builds back 1 whole super bar...

hop D, s.D, rdp+BD, DC, qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+CC, qcf+CC, rdp+D...

one question about this combo from the first page "cr. Bx2, rdp+BD (7), (DC delay) qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+P~qcf+P~qcf+K"... does it require the corner? i couldn't get it to work mid-screen...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
one question about this combo from the first page "cr. Bx2, rdp+BD (7), (DC delay) qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+P~qcf+P~qcf+K"... does it require the corner? i couldn't get it to work mid-screen...

Yes that is a corner only combo,I'm glad you like Kensou his a good character to learn the game engine and with practice can compete at high level play.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 03:30:42 AM »
is Kensou's air qcb+A/C safe? and is the qcf+B/D safe as well? and do EX versions of both moves have any invincibility?

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »
I've got a question:

I've noticed that his Ryutouda does five hits when you do the EX version of it. Does that mean you have to do  ;dn ;df ;fd;a or  ;c four times before you finish it off with  ;dn ;df ;fd;b or  ;d?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
I've got a question:

I've noticed that his Ryutouda does five hits when you do the EX version of it. Does that mean you have to do  ;dn ;df ;fd;a or  ;c four times before you finish it off with  ;dn ;df ;fd;b or  ;d?
Exactly.

Well, technically the first input is qcf+AC, then three qcf+A or C, and lastly qcf+K. But you get the idea.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
i didn't get a reply yet... is Kensou's air qcb+A/C safe? and is the qcf+B/D safe as well? and do EX versions of both moves have any invincibility and are they safer than the normal versions? also is a single qcf+A/C safe? sometimes i felt like i got punished for it...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
i didn't get a reply yet... is Kensou's air qcb+A/C safe? and is the qcf+B/D safe as well? and do EX versions of both moves have any invincibility and are they safer than the normal versions? also is a single qcf+A/C safe? sometimes i felt like i got punished for it...

Kensou's air qcb+A/C is not safe in general, you can be punish in multiple ways by most of the characters. However you can make it somewhat safe by doing it and aiming to your opponents feet which will give you a bigger gap on recovery, but even then some characters can still punish you. I wouldn't recommend doing this move unless you know it going to hit. The ex version is safe on block, and the chip and guard damage are good.

I'll answer the second part shortly.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »

I think there is... I've only been studying Kensou this day so don't expect that it's an awesome combo.
umm probably like..
jump+ D - std+ D - B+C Cancel- std+ D - rdp+D - hcf+ CC - dp+ C - hcf+CC - dp+ A+C... (and chain up if you can, not so good with his timing yet.
it's gon' be like friggin son goku punches =)))

---

I just remembered that I was able to use kensou back when I was prep (seriously) =)) IT was like a reall old version of KOF! sir nilcam's avatar reminded me =)) I'm starting to like using him again!
Him and the "Siopao's" :))

btw, I also watched sir The Answer's videos during the arcade infinity tournament and learned a few moves. Thanks sir ^:)^
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:03:33 AM by Kane317 »
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 02:13:14 AM »
I finally understand the requirement for dp+P. In order the get the full damage of dp+P (safely), the move has to end on it's 14th hit.