Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43376 times)

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 05:35:19 AM »
So there are no changes in console version?
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 06:09:11 AM »
The only change I can tell you for Kensou right now, is that he has a new animation for his Super Punch Drill DM. Instead of puffing up his chest, and going to town with punches.... he forms his hands before him, as if to stun you with a palm stike, possibly an animation from the fireball shot of his neomax.

To be clear, I think it only effects the startup, the DM itself I believe is the same.

WHY is this startup frame different? I didn't figure out. I would LIKE to think that it means that he's been given a variation between button presses, with one button either having more range, or one version being a DM grab (not like he hasn't had one before, right?).

It's one of the few cases where I can say an animation from the arcade seems to bave been REMOVED... so I'd have to image the change means something, y'know?

Maybe we'll discover it's true purpose from Gamescon testing...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 07:45:53 AM »
His multi-punch DM is now a 1 frame grab.

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 10:23:00 AM »

wow really!? cool... seems like a good change to me, now that he has more tools to work with.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »
I was aware of this but does it still have its cancel properties?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
I was aware of this but does it still have its cancel properties?

That's all I know.  No.17 got the info straight from Yamamoto-san.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
Sounds like a very good change, then! That's what we suspected when we saw the change, but while attempting to grab with it, it seemed to whiff... might have been cancelled too fast out of a block string or something.

Giving him a grab mixup should help his game greatly. I'd like to think that, like Hwa, he has 2 varieties (one button for a ranged variation, one for close-range grab), but we'll have to see how that turns out.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »

It's really this, atm on the console version, someone used it.

Also a new target combo s.B,s.C if i heard accurately, it's not special cancelable but leads to easy hd mode combo.

The character will be tested live on eLive tomorrow. Come to ask question when Kensou is on tests or write them here i'll report them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:00:44 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »
Well then I'll drop a few questions here, just to be safe! ^_^

• Any modification to his Ryutoda punch series? Maybe they added the ability to free cancel into a 2nd ender, or made Hasei Shitsukuu Zanryuu have different ending properties depending on button press?
  • Sikuzanryukyaku is almost like a command throw, with the "Press aganist" hit. Can he drive cancel out of that hit now, possibly?
  • Any changes to Ryubokko? Check full duration of punches, on each button, if possible.
  • So Super Punch Drill is now a Grab DM. Test both button strengths for variations, and check to see if it somehow has an EX version.
  • Check for general EX move changes.
  • Check to make sure that, by some magic, far C didn't become an overhead ^_^ (Always looked like one...)

Cool to hear about him possibly having a target combo, especially since his s.b is a low hit.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2011, 08:23:02 PM »
Well then I'll drop a few questions here, just to be safe! ^_^

• Any modification to his Ryutoda punch series? Maybe they added the ability to free cancel into a 2nd ender, or made Hasei Shitsukuu Zanryuu have different ending properties depending on button press?
  • Sikuzanryukyaku is almost like a command throw, with the "Press aganist" hit. Can he drive cancel out of that hit now, possibly?
  • Any changes to Ryubokko? Check full duration of punches, on each button, if possible.
  • So Super Punch Drill is now a Grab DM. Test both button strengths for variations, and check to see if it somehow has an EX version.
  • Check for general EX move changes.
  • Check to make sure that, by some magic, far C didn't become an overhead ^_^ (Always looked like one...)

Cool to hear about him possibly having a target combo, especially since his s.b is a low hit.

I liked how they made characters that didn't have (useable) command attacks, have this new link to help with HD activations confirmations; I suppose Benimaru should get one too then--someone should check.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:33:28 PM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
So, we got to see the new version of Super Punch Drill this morning. It's a grab, Sie blows away your guard, and then takes his deep breath, and beats on you for 50 hits, before smashing you away across the screen.

We also got to see that his new target combo is easy to HD confirm with, as expected. Similiar to Mai, he can double crouch ;b, stand ;b -> ;c, then go into HD. Combo is not cancelable under normal conditions.

Air dive is fairly safe if done to about mid-body of the opponent, in way down. EX version allows you to combo afterwards, and is even safer. This property should be consistent with arcade version, but it's nice to note anyhow.

No new enders to his combos seen. Everything else seemed pretty much the same.

Still wish we would see more use of Ryubokko, though we least we got to see it's 14 hit "perfect ending" variation used. I would suspect it's impossible to come out of this into Super Punch Drill anymore, but it's not like anyone did that ANYWAY, right? ;) Though the EX version of this move might be what to combo into, if you want DM like damage after a string of normals.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 02:06:29 AM »
anyone got any tips on
(qcf+p>qcf+p>rdp+D)x3

I find it so hard...
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
anyone got any tips on
(qcf+p>qcf+p>rdp+D)x3

I find it so hard...

Explain which part are you having difficulty doing?  Can you do his qcf+P x2, qcf+K rekkas with ease?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Can someone explain to me what is the point of his Backflip Feint?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:03 AM »
Can someone explain to me what is the point of his Backflip Feint?

Has a moment of startup invincibility, lets him cancel normals, and also can be cancelled on the first flip into specials. SRK's Wiki actually does a great job describing this, too:

Back Ten ( + ) - Kensou performs a backflip similar to Vega/Claw's backflip in Street Fighter. Similarly, Kensou is invincible during the startup of the backflip though the invulnerability window runs out halfway through the first flip.

It should be noted that this maneuver can be broken down into two parts or flips; the initial, longer flip that ends with Kensou doing a handstand that can be canceled into specials and DMs, and the following short flip that ends with him standing on his feet again.

The first half is the real important and practical feature of Kensou's Back Ten. The initial invuln window can be used to escape backwards out of pressure, similarly to a roll, but in with less recovery if canceled into a special move. Doing a Back Ten to fake out an opponent and then canceling into Choukyuudan is an alright idea occasionally to mess with an opponents reactions to bait a jump and then anti-air with the following projectile.

The opponent could of course delay their jump and punish either the Choukyuudan or the remainder of the Back Ten, or even use an invulnerable DM or EX Special move to plow forward through any option Kensou can follow with. Another risky setup would involve the Kensou player doing a Back Ten and confirming that the opponent jumped and then canceling into Ryuugakusai to anti-air.

The remaining flip leaves Kensou vulnerable, but the somewhat fast recovery could go unpunished against an cautious opponent that knows of the aforementioned traps, or simply one who misses a punish against the player. Uncanceled, the backflip moves the player halfway across the screen, while canceling on the first hit moves the player some 2/5 the screen backward. And finally, Kensou is pushed back even further if Back Ten is canceled into from a normal attack.

Another practical use of this move is to punish a Guard Cancel Attack. If the player feels a 'GCCD' counter is coming he could attack with a cancelable grounded normal and then cancel the attack into Back Ten. If the read was successful, Kensou will avoid the counter and be in the position to punish the recovery of the whiff by canceling into any of his special moves or a DM of choice. In the case of an unsuccessful read, the player has the threat of canceling the backflip into Choukyuudan to cover his vulnerability.