Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43027 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »
Alright fine, I concede my point.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2011, 12:21:16 AM »
Alright, I hate to double post, but I think it's best to try and help out the wiki.  Let's post our thought on his pokes, his tools, his BnB confirms, his good Drive and HD combos and any general gameplay discussion in order to really fill it out when the mods feel it's time to update the wiki.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2011, 09:22:54 AM »
k so got to play the console version for the first time today... Kensou is fun as hell... his console buffs makes him so freaken good...

- his FB game seems ridiculously good now...
- his shoryu has insane amounts of invincibility...
- s.B, s.C hit confirm... *too awesome to comment*
- new corner throw follow-up... love landing that shit...

there is only 1 problem... his jumps are soo freaken floaty... i'm used to playing Clark/RAlf/Goro/Tizoc... sooo NOT used to floaty jumps... i have a big trouble doing proper hop pressure with him and Mai... any tips?
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »
Uh, just get used to hitting hop B later than you're used to?  There's no real tips with dealing with floaty jumps in any game, you just have to get used to it.  Thankfully, until Kensou gets in the opponent's face, he doesn't have to leave the ground much unless he's in a match where he's actually dominated zoning wise for whatever reason and his air QCB+P can mitigate some of the floatiness of the jump (but for the love of god be careful with it if you don't want to die a painful death on landing).

Two things I wonder about at the moment.  What will Kensou's new BnB be?  I'm thinking along the lines of cr.B, st.B>st.C, cr.B xx Rekkas (replace cr.B with st.D if you're really feeling yourself).  Think it works at most ranges, and unlike just basic cr.B, cr.B xx Rekkas, you have all day to notice that you're actually hitting your opponent by st.C so you can link into cr.B Rekkas.

Second, the optimal options of what to do after a throw in the corner.  So far, what I'm doing is either a quick cr.A (or st.A, I can't remember at the moment) to reset the opponent for a possible 50/50 (I try to do this against opponents that don't have DPs that will kill me) or I go EX DP [DC] air QCF C, DP D.  Dunno if you guys got anything better after the corner throw.

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 01:13:58 AM »
Alot of his game/combos are gonna revolve around his ex dp.  That thing does more damage then either of his supers.  If you have the meter you can drive cancel into qcb p and do another one...plus it pushes them into the corner.  Insane damage and so easy to do.

You can even ex rdp, DC qcb p, qcf p, qcf p, ex rdp which does over 40%.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 01:23:35 AM by johrjives »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
if you're talking about the corner you can do dp.K,(DC)qcb.C,qcb.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,dp.B

(I guess it's always working on console version)
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »
Two things I wonder about at the moment.  What will Kensou's new BnB be?  I'm thinking along the lines of cr.B, st.B>st.C, cr.B xx Rekkas (replace cr.B with st.D if you're really feeling yourself).  Think it works at most ranges, and unlike just basic cr.B, cr.B xx Rekkas, you have all day to notice that you're actually hitting your opponent by st.C so you can link into cr.B Rekkas.

Second, the optimal options of what to do after a throw in the corner.  So far, what I'm doing is either a quick cr.A (or st.A, I can't remember at the moment) to reset the opponent for a possible 50/50 (I try to do this against opponents that don't have DPs that will kill me) or I go EX DP [DC] air QCF C, DP D.  Dunno if you guys got anything better after the corner throw.
1. that's my main b&b at mid-screen... cr.B, s.B, s.C, cr.B, rekka or EX DP... if i start from a jump-in then i'll take out the first cr.B... *you can do the same combo after EX qcb.P in the air*

2. you can actually do his whole corner b&b from throw in the corner... if you don't have meter then just do rdp.B... if you have drive meter then rdp.B, DC into air qcb.C > full corner combo... if you have 1 meter then EX DP, DC into full corner combo...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011, 06:32:46 PM »
I'll have to practice because I couldn't remember his corner combo, it was nagging at me all day.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2011, 06:42:12 PM »
Btw if the stun values for Kensou aren't change on console  j.C,s.B,s.C,s.D,rdp.C,(DC)qcb.A,qcb.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,rdp.B,(DC)qcb.A,qcb.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,qcf.A~qcf.A,rdp.B  should stun now. So i'm wondering if he really needs hd combos in corner.

At 5min30s but without the initial qcb.A
KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その320 Conclusion2011 vol 1(Kim&Psycho)
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Thats a nice combo. Did that work on all the cast?

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
I gotta say,Kensou is my favorite character in this game.Just got to work out his combos.

Here's a question: can his backflip cancel work as a punishing tool?
 Example:Let's say Clark actives his weak SAB,so I backflip and then cancel into special as Clark's invisibility frames run out.Could that work?
I won't be able to try this for a while...
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »
I actually did that just yesterday. Backflip -> whiff punish works, but only with certain moves (reach dependent). Backflip -> Rekkas sucks because his Rekkas don't move him forward much. Best move for punishing if you see any movement is his QCF+K. Not much damage but he runs so far and its more or less guaranteed.

Also, Clark's weak SAB has "infinite" armor/guard point from start-up until activation, not invincibility. But it's so good it might as well be invincibility lol.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2011, 02:05:06 AM »
So whiff cancelling Kensou's CD gives his specials recockulous range. Hope you like half-screen rekkas.

EDIT: Okay, so maybe not quite half-screen, but still. Recockulous.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 02:08:55 AM by Gimnbo »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:10 AM »
Yeah, just tried that now, DAMN, hurray for Kara-Rekkas and Kara-Half Screen DPs.

Now for those who use Kensou as a Stopgap or Anchor, I've been working on basic HD loops and crap so we can get some damage off of nice hitconfirms.  One I'm using now for an EASY hitconfirm (once you get the loop down) is...

hop.B, c.B, s.B>s.C [HD] s.B>s.C xx [QCF+C>QCF+C [HDC] RDP+D] x3, xx QCFx2 + AC

Not that hard once you get it down, does 700 Damage for your entire HD Bar and only 2 meters and you can hit confirm it from another c.B if you really need the visual aid.

This new target combo helps wonders for our hitconfirming.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 03:29:15 AM »
You can get more damage from that HD combo. After the initial hit confirm and HD activation, start with:

st.C, (RDP+D [HDC] QCF+C>QCF+C)x3 [HDC] RDP+D xx QCFx2 + AC.

His DPs do more damage than the double rekkas, so starting with a st.C xx DP at the beginning gives you more damage, and enough extra time to add a DP near the end. It's not too difficult either. : )
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:35:01 AM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori: