Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43023 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
Man, you're a better Kensou than me, and even I figured out day one that EX DP was the shit. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
Yeah, i abuse the invincibility. I didn't think to use the EX DP though. I'm generally pretty conservative and don't like to take huge risks...but if it beats everything, why not? You showed me the magic of EX DP yesterday. Still can't believe it does more damage than his DM lol.

I used to do hit-confirms -> RDP K [DC] Dive, land, Fireball DM. I'd also end combos in the corner with it sometimes. But never again! EX DP is gawdlike.
ya man... abuse that shit... lol... it's the better option everytime... :D

i'm used to playing grapplers and taking high risk vs. high reward at all times since 97... that's what my whole entire mind game is based around... so i tend to encourage it... lol...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
Man, you're a better Kensou than me, and even I figured out day one that EX DP was the shit.  

I don't own a new gen system, so I don't get to practice things often or check damage values for things. I'm OG MvC2 and 3rd strike, learned everything in the arcades back in the day. I get by in my competitive fighters using a combination of the execution I've gained by learning those games / developing my game theory. Only times I get to play KOF are at weekly casuals (game store in my city) or at friend's houses. My compromise is, become knowledgeable and use the time I have not practicing at home to research+contribute to the forums.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:51:55 PM by Raynex »
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
Meh, anyway, I'm not gonna go with Hwa on my team for NEC, nowhere near developed enough and I'm getting killed because of execution errors with him.

Thinking about going with one of the 3 main SNK protagonists to go with Kensou and Saiki.

Who do you think would go best with them and in what position?  Kyo, Ryo, or Terry?  For now I've been running Kyo second... just because he has an Edgeworth color and I can make Team Prosecutor.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
I kinda feel guilty for picking Kensou since he is so damn good in this game!

I like his qcf+k special so much I use it raw and it catches so many people off guard its funny.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

I like his qcf+k special so much I use it raw and it catches so many people off guard its funny.

Yeah, I wouldn't make a habit of that.  Online you can get away with it since it's harder to block on reaction and punish, but against anyone competent or offline (or a combination of the two), you'll just be sending Kensou to an early grave.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't make a habit of that.  Online you can get away with it since it's harder to block on reaction and punish, but against anyone competent or offline (or a combination of the two), you'll just be sending Kensou to an early grave.

Yeah thats true, abusing any move isn't a good idea. Unless its broken, or the game is broken haha. Thats a bad habit of mine, when I pick up characters I tend to use one move I like too much.

Also, Kensou's throw is only able to follow up his throw in the corner right?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure only in the corner, unless his EX Shinryuu: Choukyuudan can make it in time.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:43 PM »
Terry/Ryo/Kyo are all good in 2nd position. It comes down a matter to who you like more. so just go with your gut.  Ideally, your team should be reflective of who you enjoy and not some arbitrary tier list. Personally, Terry seems like a good fit because of his 1 bar + 50% drive BnB that does like 30%. He's a bit linear in terms of playstyle, but that just makes it easier to focus on the neutral game and landing your combos. Kyo is probably the best choice, but the awesome things I see with him often require 2 or more bars + hefty drive (which is why he's usually an anchor). Terry's BnB requires significantly less resources, which makes sense for 2nd slot characters. I'm not too sure about how Ryo plays so I'll reserve judgement. Although I do see him played point more often than 2nd.

But at the end of the day, it is your decision. Those characters can function well pretty much anywhere.

Iori:

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
Ryo is best as battery but he can be played as second or anchor... he has strong 1meter +1 DC and HD combos... but what he is best at is pressuring the opponent with those damn Kohkens... EX Kohken combos into itself MID-SCREEN... hahaha... on top his parries are crazy now...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Well I have one day of training ahead, I better decide now.  I've been thinking Ryo though.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »
After roughly ~40 matchs with Kensou today, i just want to say this character is so freaking awesome godlike omgwtfbbq. <3

But the timing on his corner combo (rdp cancel qcb projectile rekka etc) is so different i must relearn it  :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:14:58 AM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:22 AM »
edit: You're probably holding  ;df after you run in and hit cr.B, which is adding to the problem. Make sure when you dash into cr.B you're holding down, and doing at least two cr.B to let the forward input dissipate. Running QCFs turning into DPs is a problem in every fighter, it's a system mechanic that you have to overcome via muscle memory. From what I understand you're running in and doing a single cr.B into rekkas? You should be hit confirming them anyways, so if you run in and do two cr.B you won't shortcut DP. Or you could do what the new kids are doing and run in st.B, st.C target combo hit-confirm. Safe if it's blocked, free cr.B xx Rekkas if it hits (plus st.B hits low so it's essentially cr.B).

I usually do atleast 2 cr. B for hitconfirm, but maybe I am holding   ;df, I guess it will only come from practice like you say. I'll try slowing down the inputs as well. Have any of you guys noticed sf4 affected your execution. I'm not knocking sf4 but, its nice to play a game where mashing gets you nowhere.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:13:44 AM by johrjives »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2011, 02:17:45 AM »
I played SF4 but I also played Rose, so it's not like mashing got me anywhere in the first place, so I'm used to it.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2011, 02:18:37 AM »
edit: You're probably holding  ;df after you run in and hit cr.B, which is adding to the problem. Make sure when you dash into cr.B you're holding down, and doing at least two cr.B to let the forward input dissipate. Running QCFs turning into DPs is a problem in every fighter, it's a system mechanic that you have to overcome via muscle memory. From what I understand you're running in and doing a single cr.B into rekkas? You should be hit confirming them anyways, so if you run in and do two cr.B you won't shortcut DP. Or you could do what the new kids are doing and run in st.B, st.C target combo hit-confirm. Safe if it's blocked, free cr.B xx Rekkas if it hits (plus st.B hits low so it's essentially cr.B).

I usually do atleast 2 cr. B for hitconfirm, but maybe I am holding   ;df, I guess it will only come from practice like you say. I'll try slowing down the inputs as well. Have any of you guys noticed sf4 affected your execution. I'm not knocking sf4 but, its nice to play a game where mashing gets you nowhere.

Fortunately I had decent execution before SF4's release, so I never got used to the whole lenient inputs thing. (shortcuts/mashing, etc). That and I played Abel. Forget mashing...my BnB is a 1 frame link.

But back to KOF. This game will definitely help your execution in the long run. You'll get a big return on the time you invest into it... in the form of immensely satisfying HD combos!

Sharnt: And yeah Kensou is straight up GDLK. I love how effective his game is. It feels like he just shuts everyone else down when he's running offense.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:21:41 AM by Raynex »
Iori: