Author Topic: Sie Kensou (Arcade Version)  (Read 43063 times)

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Sie Kensou
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
Oh I was referring to shoto players and uppercut reversals haha. Im a bison player so I dont really have much to mash myself. I mean, this game doesnt rob you, where if I dropped a 1 frame link with bison I would lose half my health to some guy stirring the cauldren.

But i have noticed that I have to do my dps much more precise now...especially with all the overlapping inputs. 

How are you guys using his grab dm? As kind of a tick throw? It doesnt really seem to make sense to use it in a combo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:28:34 AM by johrjives »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2011, 02:29:55 AM »
Hmm, guys what do you think is more worth it?

1 Drive, 1 Bar for 350
2 Drive, no Bar for 400
2 Drive, 1 bar for 450?

All of this if Kensou is on point and not like anchor or something (in which case, burn dat bar!).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2011, 03:29:24 AM »
Oh I was referring to shoto players and uppercut reversals haha. Im a bison player so I dont really have much to mash myself. I mean, this game doesnt rob you, where if I dropped a 1 frame link with bison I would lose half my health to some guy stirring the cauldren.

But i have noticed that I have to do my dps much more precise now...especially with all the overlapping inputs. 

How are you guys using his grab dm? As kind of a tick throw? It doesnt really seem to make sense to use it in a combo

For the grab DM, you can implement it as part of the standard, universal 3-way KOF mix-up:

-Hop, j.whatever
-Empty hop, land -> low whatever
-Empty hop, land -> grab

When you add Kensou's 1 frame command grab to the mix it gets serious. They have to see it coming and jump before the super flash. If they guess wrong and jump when you land, your cr.B or your jump-in will connect for a free combo.

Excerpt from Hitstun / Blockstun Miniguide:

"It is important to keep in mind that after a character goes through a blockstun animation, they cannot be hit with any throw until 10 frames after the blockstun ends (note that this number might be different in KOF XIII)."

This means that tickthrowing is much harder in KOF than it is in the SF series. Here are a few good ways to set up throws / command grabs:

-Initiate a full run and command grab super
-Initiate a full run and input   ;bk;c or  ;d the moment you reach your opponent for a run grab.
-Hop j. ;a or  ;b and hit very high on your opponent's guard (these moves have less hitstun than the others). When you land, the blockstun should have deteriorated, so you can grab.
-High jump in, whiff a normal intentionally, land, 1 Frame command grab.

etc.

Saitsu: For point characters, I think it's almost always best to use drive before meter. You want to save that meter so your 2nd character can go nuts. The 2 Bar 0 Drive combo would be your best bet.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
"It is important to keep in mind that after a character goes through a blockstun animation, they cannot be hit with any throw until 10 frames after the blockstun ends (note that this number might be different in KOF XIII)."
Same thing goes at the wakeup, 8 frames throw invincibility.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »
Hmm, guys what do you think is more worth it?

1 Drive, 1 Bar for 350
2 Drive, no Bar for 400
2 Drive, 1 bar for 450?

All of this if Kensou is on point and not like anchor or something (in which case, burn dat bar!).
With Kensou, for his regular b&bs, it's not worth DC-ing unless you'll take them to the corner...

(1 meter + 0 DC) - j.C/cr.B, s.B, s.C, cr.B/s.B, rdp+BD = 382/342 dmg

That's you optimal combo of choice for spending 1 meter... You should only DC it if you know you'll take them to the corner... Your other options are...

(0 meter + 1 DC) - j.C/cr.B, s.B, s.C, s.B, rdp+D *7 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+C,C, qcf+A,A, rdp+B = 427/387 dmg

(1 meter + 1 DC) - j.C/cr.B, s.B, s.C, cr.B/s.B, rdp+BD *7 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, qcb+A, qcf+C,C, qcf+A,A, rdp+B = 482/442 dmg

This combo will build you back nearly all the meter you spend doing the combo... That's pretty much all you'll spend your meter on... besides rdp+BD as a reversal and EX FB DM for full screen punishes...

If you really want damage mid-screen then you can do these...

(2 meter + 0 DC) - j.C/cr.B, s.B, s.C, cr.B, qcbx2+AC = 450/410 dmg

(2 meters + 1 DC) - j.C/cr.B, s.B, s.C, cr.B/s.B, rdp+BD *7 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, rdp+BD = 488/448 dmg
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:45:28 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »
Anyone knows if there is any difference between Kensou rekka A and C in the console version?

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2011, 02:26:06 AM »
Kensou is so Top Tier...even though everybody beats mine.XD
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure both of his versions of Rekka function the same. There is only a difference in range.
Iori:

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:57 AM »
Wanted to drop off before going to a friend's house to play KOF and see Cotto v.s. Margarito II
After some good practice I can finally do his rekkas consistantly( as well as Backflip cancels).
HOWEVER I can't seem to link anything after his target combo.I can do it fine entering from j.C/c.B,
but I have a hard time canceling afterwards. Am I doing something wrong?

MichelS

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2011, 01:00:43 AM »
I don't have the game home so can't test things properly.
Can someone tell him if the DM grab can be cancelled in NeoMax in HD mode?

Cheers ;-)

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »
I don't have the game home so can't test things properly.
Can someone tell him if the DM grab can be cancelled in NeoMax in HD mode?

Cheers ;-)
Yes,right after the 50th hit of the DM lands.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2011, 01:08:08 AM »
Wanted to drop off before going to a friend's house to play KOF and see Cotto v.s. Margarito II
After some good practice I can finally do his rekkas consistantly( as well as Backflip cancels).
HOWEVER I can't seem to link anything after his target combo.I can do it fine entering from j.C/c.B,
but I have a hard time canceling afterwards. Am I doing something wrong?
You must keep in mind the s.C has a looooooooooooooooooooooong animation, you must waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait and then do d.B, you can also mash the hell out the B button. But to understand when comes the time to land your d.B just do s.B,s.C, and then hold d. Look at the animation when Kensou goes crouching. With that you'll see the timing, with this method i'm going to learn the timing to connect the s.D.

Can someone tell me if the DM grab can be cancelled in NeoMax in HD mode?
Yes. At the end of the dm Kensou lands a uppercut punch and you can cancel it.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2011, 03:21:19 AM »
Fuu: You can't cancel the st.BC target combo into a special move. You have to link cr.B afterwards (or st.D if you're feeling yourself) and cancel THAT into your special of choice. Maybe that's the issue you were having?

Michel: While in HD mode, you can cancel the Command Grab DM at ANY point into NeoMax. Obviously waiting till the last hit is optimal.  :)

SAITSU! I'm watching you play on the KOF stream at NEC against Higaishi. You're doing awesome man! Best of luck.

edit: That cr.C with Terry to win the match was clutch. Haha good shit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:26:28 AM by Raynex »
Iori:

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
Thanks Shart and Raynex.Looks like I just kept on trying to cancel St.C to Special.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
No problem dude. No go forth and rape faces!
Iori: